Echelon Golf Club

Year Built 2006
Fairways Tifsport Grass
Golf Season November - March
Architect Rees Jones (2006) Steve Weisser (2006)

Golf Simulator Yes

Tennis

Atlanta Advisor

Elevation change makes Echelon a true test of golf!

This is by far one of my favorite courses in the Atlanta area. Echelon was built in the early-2000's as a private course and suffered tremendously when the market crashed around 2008. They opened it to the public but never even had a clubhouse built by the time the developers had to sell the property in 2013. Since then, the course has begun to thrive and the conditions get better each year. The new owner, in fact, just opened up the newly built clubhouse during Masters week of this year.

On to the course review....The course is set on quite a mountainous piece of property which makes the views spectacular but can also lead to some frightening scores. There are rolling hills throughout the course, so a lot of the course knowledge is just knowing which hill will kick balls back into the fairway. The tee boxes here are so flat and well-manicured and the greens are always in good condition. There is a tee box for every skill level as it maxes out around 7600 yards but I promise with the elevation changes, you'll want to move up a tee. If you're a local or an out-of-town visitor, Echelon needs to be at the top of your must-play list. You won't regret it!

No communication

Showed up today for a 1pm tee time and was informed that due to a frost delay they could t get us off until 3pm. No call / email to let us know - what a waste of a 50 min drive….

Frost delays happen, I get it, but you need to let people know.

Commented on 01/18/2023

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We would like to apologize for your recent experience.

We're sorry to hear you were less than satisfied at our course. We pride ourselves on our providing great service and the high-quality standards we maintain.

We would like to make things right. Please reach out to our management team at the pro shop.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Cart path Only

Course was a mud hole and cart path only makes for extremely slow pace of play. Not sure when it will dry out, but I would give it a while. I do normally like playing here.

Commented on 01/14/2023

Hello! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Echelon Golf Club!

Still a beast

Not really a course to play when wet and cart path only she’ll eat your lunch for sure. Great food in the restaurant still a great day

Commented on 01/19/2023

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club.

Good

Great greens the food on the clubhouse was excellent.

Commented on 01/08/2023

Commented on 01/08/2023

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Commented on 12/24/2022

Fantastic

A guy named Ed was working in the pro shop when I checked in; every golf course in the world should have “an Ed.” He was so friendly and engaging. I had a late afternoon tee time, 2:00, so I knew I would probably only get in 9 holes. I was very impressed with the course conditions, especially the greens. Due to rain the day before the course was “cart paths only,” which turns out is a challenge on this course. Most of the holes lie in valleys, below the cart path, so on “CPO days” expect to do some aggressive slope walking. I definitely could’ve scored better had I been alongside a member or someone who plays here regularly. Several sharp drop-offs on the backs of greens. This is a fantastic golf course. If you’re using GPS to get there, make sure to type the street address, my Apple Maps took me into the middle of nowhere.

Commented on 12/21/2022

Commented on 12/14/2022

Hi. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Echelon Golf Club!

One of the best Public options

Consistently one of the better public courses you can play, ESPECIALLY in the winter.

Commented on 11/23/2022

Hi. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Echelon Golf Club!

Beautiful holes in the Fall

Great course. Very friendly staff from bag drop to ranger. Course is challenging, but some holes can be birdied or Par.
Will play again soon.

Commented on 11/10/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Echelon Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 11/10/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Echelon Golf Club!

Echelon

Nice golf course. Nothing negative in the least way. Everything was good. Had a fun round. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it also.

Commented on 11/05/2022

Commented on 11/02/2022

Commented on 10/26/2022

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club.

Cart & Restrooms

This course needs electric carts that stop automatically when you park considering hilly course. It also smell gas burning the whole time.

I also want to see two regular on-course restrooms rather than portable one. They really smell.

Commented on 10/22/2022

Challenging course, yet still pretty great!

Played Echelon on a perfect fall day, and enjoyed the round even though the course kicked our entire groups' tails. We were a 7, 12, and 14 handicap, and all shot in the 90s. It would definitely help to play this course a few times to get a feel for where you can miss, as there are lots of elevation changes and a few blind shots. Course was in spectacular shape and was very well-maintained. The staff were all friendly as well. It's just a very tough course that will frustrate above average golfers if they're not on their A-game.

Commented on 10/18/2022

Commented on 10/17/2022

Commented on 10/14/2022

Commented on 10/01/2022

Thank you for visiting us at Echelon Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 09/30/2022

Canton, Georgia
Ball Ground, Georgia
Ball Ground, Georgia
Cumming, Georgia
Woodstock, Georgia
Holly Springs, Georgia
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort (Inn at Château or Villas at Château) and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club - Château, Woodlands, & Executive Courses.
GADSDEN, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Hampton Inn - Gadsden and 3 rounds of golf at Silver Lakes Golf Club - Championship & Short Courses.
OPELIKA, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Auburn Marriott Opelika Resort & Spa at Grand National and 3 rounds of golf at Grand National Golf Club - Lakes, Links, & Short Courses.
TAMPA, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Saddlebrook Resort - Palmer or Saddlebrook Courses. Includes Preferred Golfer experience.