Corte Bella Golf Club
The course at Corte Bella Golf Club was done in a desert style but avoids the target greens and forced carries that are at some desert courses in the area. It has a classic layout on a beautiful terrain of ficus, Italian cypress, and oleander, creating a scenic ambiance. The designer, Greg Nash, kept traditions of classical golf architecture in mind and made a course that champions the strategic player. Both the immaculately manicured greens and the wide fairways are well protected by bunkers on this course, making accuracy on the approach shot a priority. Water hazards come into play on three holes at Corte Bella Golf Club.
|Championship (W)||72||5747 yards||72.5||126|
|Player (W)||72||5360 yards||70.3||120|
|Forward (W)||72||5095 yards||68.8||116|
|Black M: 72.3/128||357||448||412||199||546||375||474||204||539||3554||393||384||157||607||367||167||400||571||411||3457||7011|
|Black/White M: 71.1/125||357||409||390||199||546||375||448||184||539||3447||393||384||157||568||367||167||358||531||392||3317||6764|
|White M: 69.8/122||314||409||390||169||507||348||448||184||505||3274||359||348||128||568||342||133||358||531||392||3159||6433|
|White/Copper M: 68.0/118 W: 74.9/130||314||370||342||169||476||348||401||148||505||3073||359||348||128||513||342||133||328||483||336||2970||6043|
|Copper M: 66.5/113 W: 72.4/127||269||370||342||152||476||330||401||148||455||2943||304||292||106||513||323||119||328||483||336||2804||5747|
|Copper/Red M: 65.0/109 W: 70.2/121||269||329||303||152||428||330||354||108||428||2701||304||292||106||480||288||119||300||434||336||2659||5360|
|Red M: 63.8/105 W: 68.3/115||250||329||303||120||428||286||354||108||428||2606||249||262||83||480||288||96||300||434||297||2489||5095|
Available ActivitiesSwimming, Billiards
Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Arizona
Sand Photo submitted by ruger44 on 05/22/2022
Photo submitted by Kevinjaniak56 on 01/08/2022
18th fairway Photo submitted by Dean1476767 on 09/12/2021
Photo submitted by selahmp on 07/22/2021
Photo submitted by brettaugsburger on 11/02/2020
life is great and bogey free Photo submitted by mikeaz518 on 06/11/2018
Really good course could be an excellent course with a little more maintenance. Weeds popping up around the tea boxes. Which the tea boxes are nice but the edges have weeds sticking up all around them and weeds around the course takes away from the beauty of the course. Nitpicking but with a little grooming it would look fantastic
Good shape for the time of year. Wide fairways but still had plenty of obstacles and bunkers. Staff was very friendly and professional. Will definitely go back.
Good, high quality layout. Numerous tee options - leads to high level of playability. Greens a little rough, but rest of course was in good shape..
Course was in great condition, first time playing there and will be back. Lots of sand traps.
I would recommend this course, but beware of the countless sand traps. It can be a bit of a challenge if you have trouble hitting the ball straight. My biggest negative is Golf Now charges a huge booking fee, which ended up being more than a single players cost. Ouch!
A former Gem
We had been wanting to play Corte Bella for some time now and got the chance.
1. This is not a $90 course. Maybe an OK value at $50.
2. They have 'gas' carts that have seen better days. Noisy and smelly. They are trying to portray a Country Club setting and those carts are definitely a muni setting.
3. Bunkers are unusable. You should consider them ground under repair.
4. Aesthetics - Beautiful setting flowing through beautiful homes - however, the transition areas are horrible. Dead and unkept trees, leaves and shrubs - weeds everywhere and they don't even pretend to address the erosion on the banks. Surprised that the homeowners allow that. Dragging those areas bi-weekly would really make a better look.
5. Greens - firm and good speed
6. Fairways - a little scrappy and didn't appear to be near. 5 inches.
7. Approaches - ok but should transition to a lower height as the fairways.
8. Grill - Excellent! Great staff.
9. Proshop staff friendly and knowledgeable.
10. The course is in need of updating. Bunkers need total renovation; tees - mow them - greens - some light verticutting and light top dressing would be a plus.
In sum, the course does not hold up to a high community standard especially for the price.
The owners /HOA should put some capital improvement funds to bring this course to the standards it appears to have had in the past.
vary nice area, course looks great from the road. Tee boxes Fairways and greens look great. Fairways were vary thin Not great, greens were vary good conditions. held well and putted great, plenty of speed that's for sure.
Lots of couples out today, club house is vary nice and all the staff were helpful to us. It was fun but i did expect it to be a little nicer shape.