Subtle but enticing, Crandon is a well-planned challenge built in 1972 by Robert von Hagge and Bruce Devlin. In 1993, a redesign by von Hagge brought new greens and bunker configurations. Formerly known as "The Links at Key Biscayne" Crandon Park Golf Course is a championship 18-hole golf course located on the "island paradise" of Key Biscayne, just 10 minutes from downtown Miami.

The course has the world's largest tee, seven saltwater lakes, challenging sand traps, mangrove thickets, and many holes overlooking Biscayne Bay.

You can see crocodiles (they have three), numerous raccoons and Jurassic-sized iguanas darting across the course. The blue and tri-colored herons, white ibises, snowy egrets, pelicans and anhinga grace the fairway roughs and saltwater banks.

From the first hole - a dogleg par 5 that requires a drive over water and mangroves - to the last - another par 5 with water on both sides of the fairway - Crandon Park Golf Course has, in many ways, become Miami-Dade's signature public golf course.

Crandon Golf at Key Biscayne

Year Built 1972
Greens TifEagle Grass
Architect Bruce Devlin (1972) Robert von Hagge (1972) Robert von Hagge (1993)

Caddies Yes
Golf School Academy Yes - "Crandon Golf Academy"

Dress code Proper golf attire required.

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Disappointing

I had played this course many years back and I remembered that it was difficult but always in great condition. This time, we had a very bad mosquito problem and greens were aerated too. The pro shop did not have any bug spray either.

Bad Day

The Mosquitoes where out of control!!!! Couldn’t even hit a ball without them swarming. Also, the greens had just been punched and no one mentioned this…..

Solid But Greens Aerated

Course is great layout, staff always friendly, fairways good, green recently aerated. Again, GolfNow fails to disclose this!

Great views. Challenging.

Loved the round. Course was in pretty good shape. Greens fast. Loved the nature, bay views and Miami skyline. Wonderful vibe. Joe the cart guy was great. Even gave us a couple of useful course tips.

Looking forward to next round!!

Only need little love,
Bunkers and greens all around

Excellent Golf Course but in worse conditios

The golf course is beautifull, but greens are definitely in very bad conditions, with spaces without grass.
People enter in line holes from another holes, 4 people do not gave pace us, we were two people.
A bad experience.
We will return to play it and give a chance
Regards

OVERPRICED AND IN POOR CONDITION!

Exhorbitant prices are absolutely not justified. Completely overrated. To charge visitors $185 for a course that is no better shape than your basic muni is nothing short of criminal. Tee boxes are chewed up with little grass; fairways not much better. Service at the pro shop is slow and poor, and everyone even the starter has a superior attitude. They can get away with it because of the large number of visitors this time of year, but there are much better and more affordable courses to play in the Miami area. Don't waste your time and your money at Crandon Golf.

Crandon Needs Customer Service Training

I typically don’t write negative reviews, however, the experience I had at Crandon was so egregiously cringeworthy, I felt that it deserved a response.

The day started out decent enough. The drive over to the course in Key Biscayne from Miami was beautiful. Nice day. People on the water. It was picturesque. Then, we pulled up to the course …

We were not greeted by anyone at the bag drop. Instead, the person who was supposed to be helping us (Steve) just glared over at us as we took our bags out of the truck. My group is from out of town, so we are paying a premium rate to play here, and I have had better drive-up service at bag drop at courses with much lower greens fees.

We went inside to pay for our rounds. The gentleman behind the desk was nice and very friendly (I don’t recall his name, but he said he was a Cubs fan). He was the best part of the experience. The pro shop was a bit barren and lacking in any significant amount of gear, but we did pick up a few poker chips and ball markers.

After paying, we went out to get settled in our carts. There was no one at the carts, and we didn’t receive any direction from the pro shop, so we figured we’d grab our carts and show our receipts to the starter before we tee off. That’s pretty typical protocol if the keys are in the carts, right?

As we are moving the carts, Steve (mentioned earlier) comes running up yelling at us to not move the carts because he has to verify we’ve paid. Fair enough. But he saw us pull up initially and said nothing to us, then saw us go into the pro shop (presumably to pay since there wasn’t much inventory). I guess he figured we just decided to take carts out on our own for a joyride or attempt to play 18 holes of golf for free. Who knows?

Now, he could have had some sense of quality customer service about himself when he approached our group, but he had none. There is a way to treat your customer, and this was not it. He yelled at us to leave the carts alone because he had to “release” them to us. We then produced our receipts for our group of six. After Steve saw it, he radioed into the pro shop to tell them that there are six golfers, and they only paid for four (which was incorrect). The twosome was on a separate ticket. He then yelled at me for going back to the cart he told me to leave alone because I needed to grab my shoe bag that was in the back compartment. I was not happy with Steve, and I told him as much. He was unapologetically rude.

Not wanting to let Steve spoil our round, we got our carts and went to the tee box. We were told our twosome could go off first followed by our foursome. As we are approaching the tee box, Steve brings another twosome up that he said had the same tee time as our twosome. So, we asked what was their tee time to confirm (since this seemed an odd change). Steve looked at his watch and said “1:44.” Our tee times were 1:38 pm and 1:48 pm, so he completely made that time up. A fourth strike for Steve … if you’re counting.

The course is beautiful. It is difficult. Lots of strategically-placed water. We got rained on pretty heavily for about 30 minutes, and this caused a backlog of 3-4 groups on Hole #10. We were chasing daylight and hoping to finish before sundown. We get a message on our carts that the course will close at 5:30pm (sunset is closer to 6:00pm). We try to get through 18 holes, but a ranger comes to our cart on the green at 16 and tells us we need to finish the next hole and come in. Granted, it was 5:45 pm at this point, so we begrudgingly teed off on Hole #17 knowing that we wouldn’t be able to finish. After teeing off, the ranger comes back and states that we can’t finish the hole. We have to pick up our balls and bring the carts in. We oblige … only to see at least 2-3 groups still on the course playing as we drive back to the clubhouse. I’m wondering why we were single out?

I say all this to say that overall experience at Crandon left me feeling disrespected, targeted and unappreciated. I cannot in good conscience return to the course (not that I got the sense they wanted me there in the first place) nor can I recommend it to anyone in the future. Call me a very unsatisfied customer/golfer.

Cart Path Only, Range Closed and 5 hour round

It rained a little bit, so it was cart path only, which made pace of play horrible. It took 5 hours and change to play 18 holes.
I got there a little earlier to hit some balls at the range, but it was closed so it was more like 6 hours.
The staff was very hepful..
The course is amazing, great layout, great landscape, and it was a challenge.
In my opinion if you are going to charge $ 150 for a round of golf, you have to have a range open, you should at least include a water bottle in a cooler or something, and as soon as the course dries up, which it did, allow players to drive on fairways.

Fisher Island, Florida
Miami, Florida
Miami Springs, Florida
Miami Shores, Florida
Miami Beach, Florida
MIAMI, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at The Biltmore Hotel and 1 round of golf at The Biltmore Golf Course.
MIAMI, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodations in a Deluxe Guest Room at Trump National Doral and 1 rounds of golf at Red Tiger, Golden Palm, Silver Fox or Blue Monster.
MIAMI, FL | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Turnberry Isle Country Club - Soffer & Miller Courses.
NAPLES, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples and 2 rounds of golf at Tiburón Golf Club - Gold Course and Black Course.
BAHAMAS | Enjoy 4 nights’ accommodations at the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, 2 rounds of golf at the Royal Blue Course at Baha Mar, and your choice of a 60-minute Tennis or 45-minute Golf lesson.