2.1
2.1

Terrace Hill Golf Club offers the only fully lighted nine-hole golf course in Tampa Bay. The course has something for everyone whether you're a seasoned golfer looking for some short game practice or a beginner looking for the challenges of a championship course without the length. The layout features large greens and rolling fairways, providing a variety of different shot options. This nine-hole course is great for a quick round since it can be played in less than two hours. There is lighted play every night and starting times are available into the evening. Terrace Hill Golf Club also offers a fully lit driving range and practice area as well.

Terrace Hill Golf Club

Year Built 1997
Greens Bermuda grass

9-Hole Rounds 9

Dry Course with Mossy Greens

This course was extremely dry. Tee shots roll forever and the greens are not put-able. Pace was great. ..

Rough Ahape

I’m guessing the grounds staff must all be down with the Chinese-Virus, because the course looks so unkept. Debis all over the place, range balls all over several of the holes, and practically no grass on some of the greens. But, for the price, I guess that’s what you get. We still had fun playing the course.

PPN Comments

As reviews have stated; greens are hit and miss quality, tees boxes are rough. But overall, great course for beginners and families. Would recommend to the new or casual golfer.

Good beginner course

I enjoyed playing this course as a beginner golfer. The condition of the course is the only downside. It needs a lot of work The fairways were rough and grass patchy. the greens were fair.... some good and others very patchy. Other than that is was a fun day with perfect weather conditions.

Great for beginners

Brought my daughters and brother who are all beginners. Fun for them just to be able to hit a ball and keep score. Course needs needs some work but still gives you an opportunity to play. This isn’t Pebble Beach, just a local 9 hole par 30 course. Go out and just have fun

Downhill

We used to have a work night league at Terrace and it was great. Hadn't played there in about a year and a half until the other day. This place is going way way down hill. Says it's a lighted course, but more than half of the lights were not working. Playing in pitch black conditions for most of the time. We paid for two 9's, but due to the lights and the mosquito's we took a rain check. I would only play in the daytime until they can fix the lights.

Won't go back

Greens were rough and inconsistent. Some were fast, some were slow, and all of them weren't smooth at all. They looked like a tee-box with how many gouges they had. Fairly short course. There was garbage all over the place. The course was littered with driving range golf balls.

You should be paid to play this course

The course was in horrible condition. Tee boxes had more dirt than grass and the grass was actually the thickest on the tee boxes out of the entire course. Maybe 40% of the lights actually worked making this course a little scary to play given the neighborhood. Greens were un-puttable and even though they recently sanded them. Practice facilities were better than the course. I would highly recommend not playing night golf here and even stay away during the day- it’s a waste of money. Someone would have to pay me to come play that course again, and on top of all of this, another group decided to pick up my ball that was 10 yards off the left of the #3 green. When I confronted them about it, one claimed that I would have to fight him to get my ball back... seriously... wish I was joking. Told him he could keep it if he was really that poor as he persisted that I would indeed have to fight him. So save your time, money, and patience and go to a real golf course.

Awful and getting worse...

I've played this course a lot. I first played it late 1998. I actually used to work there one day a week for about 6 months, back in 2004. So through the years I've seen it in various states of being really nice or just ok, but the current state is so bad. Half the lights are out, so forget about playing the course as it was intended at night. The tee boxes are all bad...mostly sand and not much grass.

Hole #1 has very little light on the tee box and fairway. Hole 7 has no lights on the tee box. Hole 3 has no lights on the green. Hole 6 has no lights on the green. And about 5 greens are un-puttable. They are sanding some of the greens to try and improve them, but even before the sand, un-puttable.

I was also asked to give my driver license for the pro shop to hold for the golf cart. I've been to some nice golf courses and this is the first time ever I've been asked to give up a driver license to use a golf cart. It's a bit insulting.

I would not waste my time or money playing this until they improve.

Not worth it for night golf

I specifically went here since I heard there were 9 holes fully lighted. However as we progressed we soon realized that many of the lights were not working. We had to skip about 3 holes since the greens did not have any working lights on the greens. Being our first time there we could hardly find hole 7 since the lights were out on 6th green and it was pitch dark by hole 7 tee box. Green conditions were very hit and miss, some covered with weeds / dirt and others seemed ok.

I'm sure for the daytime this course serves its purposes and is a laid back / cheap 9 hole course to play during the daytime. But I cannot recommend playing here for the night golf. Fortunately for us it was not too busy, but I feel like this would be a dangerous course to play at night simply because the missing lights and people would be hitting all over the place not knowing who is in front of them.

Don’t play this course

This is easily the worst course I have played on. Not worth even a penny to play on it. The greens had weeds everywhere, the fairways were in awful condition, and each hole felt like it was too short. Never playing here again and I suggest you don’t either!

Great for Beginners and Iron Work

Not for serious golfers. Tee boxes have taken a beating and some greens are unputtable but serves a purpose. Take a beginner or get some better than a range practice.

Temple Terrace, Florida