A view of a fairway at Arrowhead Country Club (Erin Campbell).
2.3
2.4

Type Private
Arrowhead Country Club

Year Built 1921
Fairways Bermuda grass

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MasterCard Welcomed
Dress code Proper golf attire required.

Meeting Facilities, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Tennis

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2019 #25)

Zero Amenities

Not having any food or water out there is pretty lame and the greens and traps leave a LOT to be desired. Traps are mud holes...

Not worth the money

Greens are terrible punched and not cut definitely not work the money.

Commented on 10/13/2021

Hello, thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear your experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for choosing Arrowhead Country Club.

Commented on 10/13/2021

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit.

We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind.

Verdict Still Out

I have seen recent reviews that the course conditions have improved under the new owerns, but I had played the course a few times earlier this year (January-April) and I have to say the course conditions have not improved. The greens may have been the slowest greens I have played all year, and though the green surfaces don't look damaged the ball did nothing but bounce. It was almost impossible to get a true roll. And if you had an uphill putt it was near impossible to get it to the hole. The fairways did have more grass than earlier this year, but it was almost all crabgrass and the lies were no better than in the rough much of the time. I wouldn't say avoid the course at all cost, as the fact it is generally pretty easy to get a tee time does give it an edge, and the $34 weekday rate starting at 1pm is reasonable. Just be prepared to look at the round as a way to get in some swings and hope you get lucky with respect to making a putt. I also don't like the fact they charge the same rate to walk and ride, which is simply dumb. I prefer to walk, and this course is very walkable, so not charging a different walking rate is kind of annoying.

Commented on 10/05/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Arrowhead Country Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Arrowheadhead

This course has a new owner that actually cares. He has been seen working hard to improve the course with his own labor. Good stuff. It is in the process of getting better. Will be back for sure. And cudos to the new owners.

Getting There

It's been a while since we've played this place. Was a horrible course back then. Now it seems like the new owner is serious about restoring it back to early 2000's condition. Greens were a little furry and slow but very dark green. Should be excellent this fall. Fairways are best I've seen in 5 years. We will be back in a couple months.

Major positive changes!!!

Pace of play was excellent!! Course conditions were great! Rumored to have new owners if so, hre as t job! If not, wonderful change of pace. Front office staff was courteous and funny!

Course coming back to life

Course is coming back to life with some TLC from new ownership from what I understand.. This older course has a rich history, great views of the local mountains along with a great layout design that will challenge you from tee box to the flag.

Best shape in the last six months,!!!

This course has had lots of effort put in lately and it is very green and very well maintained!! I was impressed and very pleased!!

GREAT FIRST TIME PLAYING HERE!

Took my wife golfing for the First time! Staff was Friendly! Golfers were Friendly and the map they supplied made it easy for us to Play! GREAT TIME THERE

Course Sold!

The starter told me the course has been sold to a new owner. Hopefully they can get this course back to what it used to be. The greens are awful. Many burned out spots and where they aren't it's like putting on velcro. The sand traps are also a mess . Lots of rocks and basically hardpan. Fairways are green, but invaded by a type of grass that's not supposed to be there.

It's gonna take awhile to get these issues fixed - particularly the greens. I suspect that whatever type of grass they used to redo the greens a few years back was a bad choice. It can't hold up in hot weather.

Commented on 08/20/2021

Hi, Steven. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Arrowhead Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Very Disappointed

The greens were in dire need of WATER!. The greens look like minefields went off on them. The have trees hanging over into the golf boundaries. they need to shut the course down for 6 months to a year to fix these problems. Went into the 9th hole and it smelled like urine and hasn't been cleaned in weeks. I would never recommend this course to anyone!

Commented on 08/10/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Arrowhead Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

A good course in need of some TLC

I have played this course for the past 18 years. It has had it's challenges due to inconsistent maintenance. This can be attributed to previous ownership not keeping the grounds appropriately. It is my understanding, the new owners are seeking to reverse the downward trend. I wish them luck, as I do like the layout and the convenience to my residence.

Commented on 08/31/2021

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years but are very sorry to hear your recent experience with us may have been poor due to the course conditions.

We greatly value your feedback as we work towards any necessary improvements and hope you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Fairways with crabgrass

This course had horrible fairways and was not being kept up. The fairways had crabgrass and the ruff had not been mowed or manicured. Later I found out from another golfer in the group ahead of us who is a member that the course had been sold to a new party and this was the result of it. So until I can confirm that the course is being maintained properly I will it return.

Commented on 08/31/2021

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Arrowhead Country Club!

Good, but

Good course. The restroom area is shockingly filthy. Other than that the course is among my favorites to play. Wide open and challenging.

July 25th

Nice course for the money. Good conditions except for the bunkers. They are like hitting off concrete.
Otherwise a fun course.

San Bernardino, California
Colton, California
Lake Arrowhead, California
Fontana, California
Redlands, California
Yucaipa, California
Riverside, California
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Resort at Pelican Hill Newport Beach and 2 rounds of golf at Pelican Hill Golf Club - Ocean North & Ocean South Courses.
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Monarch Beach Resort and play 2 rounds of golf at Monarch Beach Golf Links.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Mission Hills and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, MIssion Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Indian Wells Golf Resort - Celebrity & Players courses.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, and 2 rounds of golf at Indian Wells Golf Resort - Celebrity & Players Courses