Aerial view from Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes

The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes is a Tom Fazio design that is challenging, but with five sets of tees it is versatile enough for players of all skill levels. Fazio deftly utilized the native wetlands and numerous lakes that are interspersed across the landscape, incorporating them along the expansive fairways and angled greens. The tricky greens have been carefully molded and contoured to offer a variety of pin placements. In addition to the water hazards, there are also numerous strategically placed bunkers lurking throughout. The golf course will test your shot-making skills as well as your creativity. To complement the golf course, Hilton Head Lakes offers an equally impressive 36-acre, double-ended practice facility with target greens, bunkers, multiple practice greens, and even a par-3 short course.

The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes

Year Built 2007
Architect Tommy Fazio

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Proper golf attire.

19th Hole Specials 6
Plays Long 42

Good value for money

Nice layout, well maintained, good value for money for the area. No-one else out there on a cool windy cart-path only day, so pace of play was excellent. Cart parking brakes did not work.

Winter time golf

I was staying on Hilton head and decided to take a flyer and travel a little to golf. Hilton Head Lakes was rated pretty well in GOLFNOW and I wanted to golf a course that was a little longer and straighter than others on the island. Seems like most courses on Hilton Head dogleg right or left at 245-260 yards and. Needed a change.
I played from the tips at the lakes course and it was typical Winter conditions (fairways dormant, greens looking a little thin). however the course layout fit my eyes, greens were firm and I was ready to have some fun. I enjoyed the round and met a few locals on the course to share a little Jameson with. Would love to hit it again in late spring to see it greener.

Winter golf

First time playing the Hilton Head Lakes course. I like the layout and had fun playing it from the tips. Fairways were dormant as expected and runout in them was fairly short given the mild temperatures. the course was very open (bombs away) compared to other courses I played like Barony which were tighter and a little more strategic to play.
I met some locals in the threesome ahead of me and enjoyed chatting and sharing some Jamison (thanks John!) with them periodically as the groups backed up a little. I would love to play this in late spring when the course greens up. I will be back again

Dec golf

Very nice facility. Would really like to play when not dormant. Staff very friendly from the bag drop thru pro shop and to the snack bar

Tale of two nines

Front side is crammed between houses and nothing special. Back nice is much nicer winding through woods with no houses. Greens were great and VERY fast!

Nice Course

The course was in great shape especially for this time of year and the greens were very fast and true

Commented on 12/14/2021

Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again soon here at The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes.

Even late fall conditions are good

Wonderful track. Love the rides between holes. Not walkable course but if you wanted a challenge you sure could get it on this one from the tips. Love it. Wish o had bought a home here.

Poor

Arrived at 8am for our 8.30 Tee Time , unable to get anything to eat or drink. Cart path only which was understandable course very wet. Front nine pace was good only one group in front of us , When we did the turn for the back 9 they had let out groups on the 10th hole. Nearly 3 hrs to play the back..saw the Marshall once but He did not seem interested. Not a good experience

A great track with a real variety in hole design. Course was wet but greens rolled great and traps that had fried out were immaculate. This is a really fun course.

Commented on 11/12/2021

We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes!

Commented on 11/12/2021

Thanks for the excellent rating!

Wide open

Wide open course. Water hazard didn’t come in play at all. Played in 4 hours, 15 minutes. I would recommend.

Put this track on the list

Drove from bottom of HHI and was happy we did. Good conditions ON FAIRWAYS AND GREENS compared to same green fee structure on HHI. Front 9 it’s bombs away, 2nd 9 closer to Parkland style with tighter fairways and rewards for hitting them straight. Long roll outs on fairways. Greens hold (if you come in high) and roll well.
Walked into club house to sign in - seemed organized and clean. Driving range - grass decks, full length, chipping area and putting green good layout. Score card photo-copied so green and red yardage was difficult to read. Water stations and bathrooms in the right places
If you plan to play 4-5 courses over 7 days this place is worth the drive and good value for money.

Good not great

The course was slightly burnt out and the greens were fast. The holes were very far apart, dotted through a subdivision that was actively being completed. I only played the front 9. But for the price/location not my favorite HHI golf course. Staff and pace of play are the highlights. The ranger drove all over the course with someone's missing 6 iron.

Commented on 10/28/2021

Thank you for the wonderful review!

Commented on 10/28/2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star!

Commented on 10/14/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes!

Course is deterioating with new owners

I have played this course for many years since the developer open with a trailer for a clubhouse, up to the first year the new clubhouse opened. I could not understand why the crab grass was taking over, the traps are terrible and the greens - rolling true - look dead to me. It has always been in great shape. Talking with the starter I found out the new investment group are the owers of Rose Hill, Crescent and Eagles Point. Now I understand. I would not play those courses either due to conditions. Pace of play was terrible - not spacing players and allowing 2 some on Sunday. I will not be back. Tee time was schedule under another Golf Now member as a party of 3. Facilies are new and great but course as gone down within since 2019.

Commented on 10/15/2021

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Hardeeville, South Carolina
Hardeeville, South Carolina
Okatie, South Carolina
Ridgeland, South Carolina
Okatie, South Carolina
Bluffton, South Carolina
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy up to 5 nights' accommodations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa and and up to 4 rounds of golf at Palmetto Dunes Golf Club (Fazio, Hills & Jones Courses) and the Country Club of Hilton Head.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.
SEA ISLAND, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Inn at Sea Island and 3 rounds at Sea Island Seaside, Plantation & Retreat Courses.