Aerial view from Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes

The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes is a Tom Fazio design that is challenging, but with five sets of tees it is versatile enough for players of all skill levels. Fazio deftly utilized the native wetlands and numerous lakes that are interspersed across the landscape, incorporating them along the expansive fairways and angled greens. The tricky greens have been carefully molded and contoured to offer a variety of pin placements. In addition to the water hazards, there are also numerous strategically placed bunkers lurking throughout. The golf course will test your shot-making skills as well as your creativity. To complement the golf course, Hilton Head Lakes offers an equally impressive 36-acre, double-ended practice facility with target greens, bunkers, multiple practice greens, and even a par-3 short course.

The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes

Year Built 2007
Architect Tommy Fazio

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Proper golf attire.

19th Hole Specials 6
Plays Long 42

Commented on 12/03/2022

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes.

Commented on 11/16/2022

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes.

Very disappointed

Greens were poorly maintained, very patchy weed ridden and the tinting they did to make them look green was sprayed over everything, including the cups. Needed rolling in the worst way, putting was ridiculous

Commented on 11/14/2022

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, and for the 3 stars. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round. We appreciate your feedback as we work to make any necessary improvements. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon at The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes.

No refund

We booked thru Golf Now and had a family emergency shortly thereafter. We had to leave town and miss the rounds. We called the course to get a refund or rain check and they said they couldn't. They claimed it was Golf Now's policy. I am sure that if I had made arrangements directly with the course, they would have given me at least a rain check. I won't be using Golf now again.

Commented on 11/12/2022

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single-star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes.

Great day for some challenging golf!

Great day for some challenging golf! Conditions were great and the staff treated my son and I very well.

Commented on 11/12/2022

Hello. Thank you for visiting us at The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Well worth giving this course a go. Very pretty back nine.
Play was a little slow as a foursome was not keeping up with the group in front causing a two hole gap.

Commented on 11/12/2022

Hi. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes!

Commented on 10/22/2022

Hello. Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Lots of potential if you give the greens and bunkers some love. It should be a $30-50 course until the improvements.

Commented on 10/06/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, suaveron. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Good Experience

The course was in excellent condition, the area was clean and well kept, and the staff was very friendly

Commented on 09/30/2022

Hi, Marauder15. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes.

Needs a little tender loving care

Nice layout. Greens had recently been sanded, but still putted true. Course needs to address clumps of wild grass in otherwise excellent fairways.

Commented on 09/23/2022

Trashy

Should have known better after 20 days of rain. Course was muddy and fairways on the front 9 were not cut. Cart path only

Commented on 09/09/2022

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve and are working diligently to improve the course. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

WORST COURSE EVER! 0/100!

Course was in the worst condition I’ve ever seen a golf course. Absolutely terrible. Grass was uneven and the entire course was muddy.

Apparently it’s a golf cart path only course. There were not proper signs to indicate this as me and my friend did not see any anywhere (in fact on one hole it instructed us to keep our carts on the fairway, it had a sign with an arrow that said stay right of the cart path). Some guy came out dropping F bombs screaming at us to get the F off the grass (Hole 2) (again no proper signs instructed us to do so)

Just an overall terrible experience. Avoid this course and you will thank me later.

Commented on 09/05/2022

Mr. Constant,
First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the way you were spoken to on golf course premises— if it was one of my employees, I would love for you to send me an email and explain the incident in further detail. I can assure that our Pro Shop has proper signage stating that the golf course was Cart Path Only. Prior to your arrival we had received 16 inches of rain in 8 days. It’s important that both members and guests alike follow the rules of our course to ensure the playing conditions are at the highest standards we expect.

Justin McFadden
Head Golf Professional
Jmcfadden@hallmarkgolf.com

Never again

I’ve played a handful of the Hilton head courses, and the only reason I tried this one was because it was on the way home, but I was mistaken.

PLAY SOMEWHERE ON THE ISLAND.

I recommend old south if off the island.

I paid $65 “Hot Deal” and it was a 2 1/2 hour front 9. The fairways were splotched with rough patches which I have never seen before. — in all honesty, this is just no where near as nice of a course as you’ll see on Hilton Head Island. They should change this course name because it’s subpar and doesn’t need to tarnish the Hilton Head name.

Trust me. Also, the lady in the pro shop tried to make me pay $25 for my girlfriend to ride with me. HECK NO. I didn’t and I will not do that especially when the course is as sub par as that one.

Do yourself a favor and spend the extra money to play a nice course on the island.

Commented on 09/06/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review and leave feedback on your recent round with us. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. Your feedback is extremely important to us. It is always our utmost goal to provide our golfers with a fun and enjoyable time and apologize if we missed the mark. For further resolution in this matter, please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop at (843) 208-5353. We hope to hear from you soon, and thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes!

Pay extra and stay on HHI

First time to the area and I realize there was some rain Monday night, but this course was still soggy wet. Rubber boots would have been the better foot attire. I’m guessing it never dies out. I think this is built on Jasper swamp???
I booked this course in error. I meant to book something closer to our condo for the week.
I wish I had paid a few extra dollars and played one of the nicer courses on HHI, avoided the drive and not soaked my shoes.
Nothing good or bad to say about the staff.
Back nine was better than the front!

Commented on 09/02/2022

Hi! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes!

No Drainage on course

All the houses yards drained to the course. Weeds in fairway, fairways were so wet it was hard to walk on them. Maybe under dry conditions it would be better

Commented on 08/30/2022

It was okay.

Not a bad course... just nothing stood out about it. About average price for a course around there. I'm sure there are worse courses and better courses to play at. Don't mean to sound negative but nothing about this course makes me go "oh, that's a nice course".

Commented on 08/31/2022

Hello and thank you for visiting us at The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 08/29/2022

Thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes!

Commented on 07/29/2022

Hello, thank you for visiting us at The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Good value and conditions!

Alot of time and effort has gone into improvements in the course condition and it shows. Under $60 it's well worth it but if you have to pay more than that i would say there is lots if competition to play elsewhere.

Commented on 07/22/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes!

I'll go again...

First time playing HH Lakes. Very relaxing day of golf. Hardly any trouble off the tee, fairways are wide. Greens are big bit with a lot of undulations. Course was in good/very good shape, greens were mostly recovered from seasonal aerating . Not sure that the course rating accurately represents the course difficulty - the rating suggested to me that the course would be more difficult than I actually experienced. Since it was my first visit, I played from the White tees, will play from the Blues next time. Maybe the tee boxes were pushed forward? Anyway, will visit again!

Commented on 06/24/2022

Hardeeville, South Carolina
Hardeeville, South Carolina
Okatie, South Carolina
Ridgeland, South Carolina
Okatie, South Carolina
Bluffton, South Carolina
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy up to 5 nights' accommodations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa and and up to 4 rounds of golf at Palmetto Dunes Golf Club (Fazio, Hills & Jones Courses) and the Country Club of Hilton Head.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.
AMELIA ISLAND, FL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the OMNI Amelia Island Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Amelia River Golf Club, Fernandina Beach Golf Club, and Oak Marsh Course at OMNI Amelia Island.