Rose Hill Golf Club in Bluffton is situated amongst plentiful live oaks draped with Spanish moss. There are also sparkling, crystal-clear lakes that come into play on several holes. The golf course is a part of Rose Hill Plantation, giving it a truly Southern look and feel. Most of the holes are flat and straightforward but there are a few tricky doglegs to keep the course interesting. The layout features formidable par 3s that will test even the best players and a notably difficult par 5 that measures just over 600 yards. The challenging holes are balanced with player-friendly features that make it versatile enough for a wide range of skill levels. Four sets of tees, the longest coming to just over 6,900 yards, make Rose Hill Golf Club even more accessible.

Rose Hill Golf Club

Year Built 1982
Architect Gene Hamm Arthur Hills (1988)

Practice Hole Yes

Dress code Normal dress code applies; no jeans and shirts must have a collar.

19th Hole Specials 17

I'd play again but would bring my own beer

Played back 9 first. Cart path only on only 3 holes. Front 9 cart path only due to so much rain, thus fairways showed it. That part of course will improve. No beverage cart at all. Too bad; they're missing out on revenue. I would definitely have purchased at least 1 beer per 9, if not more as it was a nice warm day. For the first time in my golfing experience, I lost a ball to the "wildlife." I was not going near it! Photo attached.

Commented on 03/03/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Rose Hill Golf Club.

Commented on 03/03/2021

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Rose Hill Golf Club.

Just okay course right now

With the amount of water they have had here the course is very muddying and not a lot of grass. The course would be very nice if it was dryer and the grass starts growing.

KC1

Front nine was in poor condition...tee boxes and fairways. Back was much better. Greens were acceptable. Pace of play always seems to be a problem. But the layout is interesting, challenging but fair. It’s a good value and not inconvenient from the Island.

Commented on 02/05/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Rose Hill Golf Club!

Waste of time and money

I came to try Rose Hill after someone made a comment that the greens were in good shape. Greens were actually in reasonably good shape but the rest of the course was a disaster.
Driving Range - No grass to hit from
Tee Boxes - No grass to hit from on 80% of the holes.
Fairways - you expect them to be brown this time of year but in multiple places there was no grass. On most courses you have some ground under repair. A majority of this course would be deemed to be ground under repair by reputable groundskeepers.
I should have expected it to go down hill from the moment of check in. I had prepaid via the app for my round. When I checked in I wanted to purchase some range balls. Rudely I was told they weren’t free. I didn’t expect them to get them for free.
After plunking down $7 for the balls I went to the staff and asked for rangeballs and was rudely told the range was closed. When I stated that I just purchased them he basically said that wasn’t his problem as he pulled out his cigarettes and lit up.
Btw no masks no social distancing.

It reminded me of a low end municipal course.

Commented on 02/11/2021

We are very disappointed in your recent experience at Rose Hill. While winter dormancy in the South can be a tricky time in terms of shape for Golf Courses that don’t over-seed, the service issues you experienced are inexcusable. The staff would enjoy the opportunity to make this right with you and guard against any experience like this from happing going forward. I hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you, Tony Stephens – Rose Hill GC
tony.stephens@stephensgolfgroup.com

Terrible shape

The course is in terrible shape big waste of money

Commented on 01/25/2021

Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Rose Hill Golf Club.

Commented on 01/20/2021

Trouble with “map it” link in receipt

First problem : the map link in the receipt was completely wrong. I was lead to middle of nowhere near a water way. NOT very helpful “GOLFNOW”!!! It wasted hour and half of my time.
The course was busy. Pace was slow. Some tee box areas are grass-less. Much of the fairway edges are bare and rough. Greens are fair overall and some of them are slow. The course had seen better days.

Commented on 01/25/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Rose Hill Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Great Value

Rose Hill has become one of the GoTo places to play in the Hilton Head/ Bluffton area. The crew working the clubhouse and the course work in many ways to make the golfing experience enjoyable for all. I can't believe how much improvement this course has gone through in the last three yeas. Love it, love it.

Commented on 01/25/2021

Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Rose Hill Golf Club!

Commented on 12/28/2020

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Rose Hill Golf Club.

Ok, but not good

Arrogant staff (think was manager named Steven?)

Past him course ok. Greens good, but t boxes bad as well as fairways.

Ok course, better ones in area

Commented on 12/14/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Rose Hill Golf Club.

Nice Course

Nice course.
Could have been in little better condition, but enjoyed the round.

Commented on 11/30/2020

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience and your feedback to our team at Rose Hill Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Supposedly improving

Played with some members who described the course conditions a few years back and based on that you can sense that there has been improvement over time. Still, more work needs to be done, particularly on the tee boxes and some of the fairways. Greens were generally good, albeit slow, but in adequate shape. The variety of the holes is nothing special but varied enough to be a challenge. Huge gators on a few holes on the back and overall, despite the numbers of people playing, the afternoon pace of play was quite good.

Commented on 11/30/2020

First time in 15 years

We played this course about 15 years ago. It was awful. It was closed for awhile and we we’re paired up with a twosome at another course who said it was better since it reopened. We tried it and it was fine. We would play it again. The gps on the cart was great.

Commented on 11/25/2020

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Rose Hill Golf Club!

Commented on 11/06/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Rose Hill Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Kellum491

Been coming to HHI for 26 years. This course was always “dissed” by my brother in law and because it was further off the island, I never played it. What a mistake on my part. Interesting, playable, excellent greens and great pace of play. My wife and I will being playing it every time we’re here on future trips. Lovely surroundings and some of the biggest alligators I have ever seen!

Commented on 11/06/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Rose Hill Golf Club thanks you!

Still in Bad Shape

First time back here in 8 months...fairways yellow and no grass (hitting off hardpan). Greens also yellow, but did have more grass on them then the last time I played here. Starter was a total mess and couldn't handle the schedule. Parking lot was under repair and the practice facilities were closed. O.K. place to practice if you can get on cheaply.

Commented on 11/09/2020

Commented on 10/26/2020

Commented on 10/26/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Rose Hill Golf Club.

Much Better !

The staff in the club house and the rangers were excellent !!
One of the best staff,s in club house we have had here in SC .Went over and above to take care of us when I had messed up on our tee time.
Course has improved greatly sine we last played here a couple of years ago!

Commented on 10/22/2020