Rose Hill Golf Club in Bluffton is situated amongst plentiful live oaks draped with Spanish moss. There are also sparkling, crystal-clear lakes that come into play on several holes. The golf course is a part of Rose Hill Plantation, giving it a truly Southern look and feel. Most of the holes are flat and straightforward but there are a few tricky doglegs to keep the course interesting. The layout features formidable par 3s that will test even the best players and a notably difficult par 5 that measures just over 600 yards. The challenging holes are balanced with player-friendly features that make it versatile enough for a wide range of skill levels. Four sets of tees, the longest coming to just over 6,900 yards, make Rose Hill Golf Club even more accessible.

Rose Hill Golf Club

Year Built 1982
Architect Gene Hamm Arthur Hills (1988)

Practice Hole Yes

Dress code Normal dress code applies; no jeans and shirts must have a collar.

19th Hole Specials 17

Anonymous

NOT AGAIN

I HAVE PLAYED A NUMBER OF OTHER COURSES IN HILTON HEAD OVER THE LAST TWO MONTHS AND THIS WAS BY FAR IN THE WORST SHAPE OF THEM ALL. I UNDERSTAND THE BERMUDA HAS NOT REALLY TAKEN HOLD YET BUT THE COURSE HAD WATER IN EVERY BUNKER, NEEDED THE BLOWERS OUT, AND THE PRICE IS NOT CLOSE TO BEING RIGHT. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND PLAYING TO ANYONE. NOT AGAIN FOR ME EITHER.

Commented on 03/24/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back in the future.

Rose Hill

Over all the course was in good shape for the time of the year. The tee boxes were a little bare as there was some water in the traps, but considering we had tornadoes watch and heavy rains the night before It didn’t bother me.
The pace was fine we didn’t have anyone breathing down our necks and we weren’t waiting on anyone in front of us.

Commented on 03/24/2021

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Rose Hill Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 03/26/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Rose Hill Golf Club.

Disappointing

I was really excited about playing Rose Hill this year. Had heard new ownership/Mgmt had taken over. The greens were in decent shape. The starter told us on the first tee that the course was in really good shape. He should probably play it. The fairways and tee boxes had more dirt than grass to hit from. There was zero sand in the bunkers, nor was there a rake with any trap. It was a really good value when it was $28-35 a round not that many years ago. Not so much this time around. I was told they gave a great 3 month deal to walkers. That's probably why the course was playing slower than I remember since playing first playing here in the early 80's. Overall, it was a real disappointment.

Commented on 03/30/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Rose Hill Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Work in Progress

They are clearly investing the money necessary to upgrade this course -Kudos! However in the meantime the fees charged seem out of line with current course conditions. Tee boxes are in very poor shape-and most of the fairway “turf” is extremely thin. Traps are horrible! Greens were actually the best part of playing surface. They were in good shape.

Commented on 03/24/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Rose Hill Golf Club!

Unremarkable

Staff was friendly. This is a low-key place and an easy place to practice your game.

Commented on 03/24/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing Rose Hill Golf Club.

Rose Hill

Course condition very average. One hole loses for repair. Tees lack grass. Greens are very good Fairways need grass lots of bare ground. We played in under four hours.

Commented on 03/15/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting Rose Hill Golf Club!

Commented on 03/12/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Rose Hill Golf Club!

Commented on 03/15/2021

Nice Day of Golf

Played on Saturday at 12:50.>play was slow for the first 9 due to the number of walkers, Also no 17 was playing a temp tee due to Irrigation work

Commented on 03/29/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Rose Hill Golf Club.

I'd play again but would bring my own beer

Played back 9 first. Cart path only on only 3 holes. Front 9 cart path only due to so much rain, thus fairways showed it. That part of course will improve. No beverage cart at all. Too bad; they're missing out on revenue. I would definitely have purchased at least 1 beer per 9, if not more as it was a nice warm day. For the first time in my golfing experience, I lost a ball to the "wildlife." I was not going near it! Photo attached.

Commented on 03/03/2021

Commented on 03/03/2021

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Rose Hill Golf Club.

Just okay course right now

With the amount of water they have had here the course is very muddying and not a lot of grass. The course would be very nice if it was dryer and the grass starts growing.

KC1

Front nine was in poor condition...tee boxes and fairways. Back was much better. Greens were acceptable. Pace of play always seems to be a problem. But the layout is interesting, challenging but fair. It’s a good value and not inconvenient from the Island.

Commented on 02/05/2021

Waste of time and money

I came to try Rose Hill after someone made a comment that the greens were in good shape. Greens were actually in reasonably good shape but the rest of the course was a disaster.
Driving Range - No grass to hit from
Tee Boxes - No grass to hit from on 80% of the holes.
Fairways - you expect them to be brown this time of year but in multiple places there was no grass. On most courses you have some ground under repair. A majority of this course would be deemed to be ground under repair by reputable groundskeepers.
I should have expected it to go down hill from the moment of check in. I had prepaid via the app for my round. When I checked in I wanted to purchase some range balls. Rudely I was told they weren’t free. I didn’t expect them to get them for free.
After plunking down $7 for the balls I went to the staff and asked for rangeballs and was rudely told the range was closed. When I stated that I just purchased them he basically said that wasn’t his problem as he pulled out his cigarettes and lit up.
Btw no masks no social distancing.

It reminded me of a low end municipal course.

Commented on 02/11/2021

We are very disappointed in your recent experience at Rose Hill. While winter dormancy in the South can be a tricky time in terms of shape for Golf Courses that don’t over-seed, the service issues you experienced are inexcusable. The staff would enjoy the opportunity to make this right with you and guard against any experience like this from happing going forward. I hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you, Tony Stephens – Rose Hill GC
tony.stephens@stephensgolfgroup.com

Terrible shape

The course is in terrible shape big waste of money

Commented on 01/25/2021

Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Rose Hill Golf Club.

Commented on 01/20/2021

Trouble with “map it” link in receipt

First problem : the map link in the receipt was completely wrong. I was lead to middle of nowhere near a water way. NOT very helpful “GOLFNOW”!!! It wasted hour and half of my time.
The course was busy. Pace was slow. Some tee box areas are grass-less. Much of the fairway edges are bare and rough. Greens are fair overall and some of them are slow. The course had seen better days.

Great Value

Rose Hill has become one of the GoTo places to play in the Hilton Head/ Bluffton area. The crew working the clubhouse and the course work in many ways to make the golfing experience enjoyable for all. I can't believe how much improvement this course has gone through in the last three yeas. Love it, love it.

Commented on 01/25/2021

Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Rose Hill Golf Club!

Back 9 a mess

They should not have had the back 9 open for play. It’s a mess. Front 9 ok, but I’d say it’s overpriced for the condition the course is in right now.

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2021 - May 31, 2021
Whether your handicap is high or low you’ll find golf at the Tubac Golf Resort both challenging and enjoyable. Made famous by Kevin Costner’s 1996 movie “Tin Cup” the Tubac Golf Course is considered to be the “Jewell of the Southern Arizona Golf Courses”