A hole that can be tough on a windy day at Summerfield Crossings Golf Club

Style Links

Summerfield Crossings Golf Club is a fun Scottish links style championship golf course designed by Ronald Garl. There are many moguls and palm trees that come into play throughout the course. Summerfield Crossings Golf Club has wide, gently rolling fairways, but do not underestimate the challenge. You must keep the ball on target thanks to pot bunkers, waste areas and small, undulating greens. The signature hole is No. 6, a 171-yard, par 3 that calls for a carry over water to a small peninsula green. Summerfield Crossings Golf Club has a wide, gently rolling fairways.

Summerfield Crossings Golf Club

Year Built 1987
Fairways Winter Rye
Greens Tifdwarf Grass
Architect Ron Garl (1987)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Inner Circle Golf Academy"

Dress code No denim. Collared shirts.

Snacks, Restaurant

19th Hole Specials 9

Good Value

Greens putted true. Fairways spotty. Greens hard to hold. Sand in bunkers little too hard. Overall condition for the money was good.

Enjoy this course

Very open and playable. The island looking hole is actually harder than it looks. I would like to play that hole several times.

Summerfield is Summerfield

Course was in great condition and the greens were super fast. Only complaint is that course marshall came up and asked us to let a femaile twosome throught the four of us at the turn. I advised him no problem doing that but please advise them not to hit the ball again while we are in the fairway. After letting them through at the turn and waiting well over ten minutes for them to get to the next tee box and tee of and clear the fairway it was an extended wait. Later on in the round the marshall had the nerve to tell us were 8 minutes behind.

Commented on 12/03/2021

Hi, Hammer26a. Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you had enjoyed your time at Summerfield Crossings Golf Club, and pride ourselves on delivering the best experience possible.

We hope to see you again soon!

Got paired up with 3 nice gentlemen! The course was in great condition and the pace was good. Pin placement was very interesting and difficult for weekend golfing. Friendly staff!

Greens were running at a nice fast pace and in perfect condition. 18 holes in 4 hours flat on a busy day. Saw ranger multiple times. Wish more courses did this to keep speed up. Will definitely play there again.

First time playing course since greens renovations

My wife and I played Summerfield golf course for the first time since the greens were renovated and what a change.
Definitely put true and fast.
Will take time to adjust to them.

Commented on 11/23/2021

Hi, Jac101goal. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Summerfield Crossings Golf Club!

Great greens

Greens ran thru and fast. Had to pay attention to where you landed on green. I look for a course that challenges you off the tee and requires good shot making. I stayed away during the summer because of poor reviews but I credit the greens crew for their outstanding working

Commented on 11/23/2021

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round, morevic! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Summerfield Crossings Golf Club.

Better than expected

Very pleasantly surprised. Greens were great although firm and a little slow. Will definitely be back.

Commented on 11/16/2021

Karen0528, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Summerfield Crossings Golf Club.

Commented on 11/15/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Ariel214! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Summerfield Crossings Golf Club!

Commented on 11/10/2021

Hi, jfabtpa. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Summerfield Crossings Golf Club!

Commented on 11/03/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314159695346! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Summerfield Crossings Golf Club!

Nice Course

First time playing. Very nice layout. Pace of play was a little slow but not a problem. The group behind us was pushing but that just makes them jerks. No reflection on the course. The ne problem we had was the placement of the cart signs. About 100 yards back from the greens. Since we are in our 70's, 80's and 90's and that makes for a lot more walking than we can handle especially after 3-4 & 5 knee & hip operations. Maybe handicap flags for our next round?

Commented on 10/25/2021

Hello, uBJBD1460BJ. Thank you for visiting us at Summerfield Crossings Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review and will keep this suggestion in mind. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 10/25/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, robertshoff! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Summerfield Crossings Golf Club!

A Great Course with Some Challenges

This is one of my top 3 courses in Tampa. It is challenging while being a bit easy. Yeah, strange. There are several tight fairways so be aware. A few holes look easy but the water will get you. I'd play here 3 times a month if I lived just a little closer to the course. You'll enjoy it. I paid $47 but it was a Local Flavor coupon that allowed two of us to play for the price of one. It was a great deal. You'll have to play after 12 but it's worth it.

Commented on 10/22/2021

Hi, YvesJohnson. Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you had enjoyed your time at Summerfield Crossings Golf Club, and pride ourselves on delivering the best experience possible.

We hope to see you again soon!

Summerfield

Had great time with my group out on the course today. Wish there had been an active ranger out there as a two some passed us through two groups then proceeded to hold up the course..

Commented on 10/12/2021

Hello, Hammer26a. Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at Summerfield Crossings Golf Club. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 10/06/2021

Thank you for reviewing us, kingre6. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Summerfield Crossings Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

First Time In A Long Time

It has been a while since we have played Summerfield and the work that they did on the greens was outstanding. Nice job of putting the cart signs out in the fairway so the fairways do not get chewed up when wet by the carts. Great pace of play just need to ranger to remind people to not hit into the group ahead of them when the group is stil in the fairway. Front desk and cart issuing manager congenial, friendly and professional

Commented on 10/05/2021

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round, Hammer26a! Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our putting cart signs, pace, and employees. We look forward to seeing you again soon at Summerfield Crossings Golf Club.

Ruskin, Florida
Apollo Beach, Florida
Valrico, Florida
Sun City Center, Florida
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course, Palm Golf Course and Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodation at The Fountains Resort Championsgate and 6 rounds of golf at Orange County Panther Lake, Orange County Crooked Cat, Omni International, Omni National, Celebration Golf Club and Falcons Fire Golf Club.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Bella Collina Country Club, Southern Dunes Golf and Country Club and The Country Club of Winterhaven.
ORLANDO, FL | Play 3 rounds of golf at Providence Golf Club, Red Tail Golf Club and Northshore Golf Club.
KISSIMMEE, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Reunion Resort and 3 days of unlimited golf at Reunion Golf Club – The Nicklaus, The Palmer and The Watson courses.