Style Links
Southwyck Golf Club

Year Built 1988
Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Ken Kavanaugh (1988)

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Fitness

Has gotten a lot better

The greens were way better than last few times I was there. Course in good shape. Crowds scared away by weather today, played it in 2 hours 45 minutes. Awesome.

Commented on 01/18/2021

Thank you for visiting us at Southwyck Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 01/18/2021

Great layout, but greens need a lot of care

The course is a great value option with a fun layout that makes you think without making you feel beat up after 18. Course is in decent shape, but the greens aren’t in good shape at all. Very rarely get that smooth end over end roll that every golfer loves. Also, a shame to see all the bunkers replaced with new sod. Hopefully, that’ll help them direct more money to the greens.

Commented on 01/19/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Southwyck Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Misleading & Disappointing

Website mentioned that bunkers were completely redone. Which was good news , as the last 2 times playing there the bunkers were off limits. What was not said was that the bunkers are now “grassed in”. Which also is not a disaster however they hadn’t grown in , resulting in squares of sod with signs indicating a free drop.
The greens had so many pock marks and holes it was hard to get a spot for a smooth roll. One putt actually was stopped into a scar on the green.
The fairways were very thin and wet in many , many areas. I had gotten a good price to play, but would have paid more to play a course in better shape. I do not think I will return there. Many better options.

Commented on 01/11/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. Thank you for playing. We hope to see you again soon.

Great on a Weekday

Southwyck tends to get very jammed up and slow on the weekends but we teed off at 11:00am on a Thursday and everything moved great until hole 14 when a twosome a few groups in front of us slowed things down just a tad. A few months ago they put sod down over all of their bunkers which I think was a good move. The bunkers were in bad shape for a while leading up to the change and now they don't have to worry about maintaining them. The sodded areas I believe are still ground under repair as they grow in but it's coming along. I think when the grass is completely seamless it'll be even better. To be clear, I'm not saying they got rid of some of their bunkers or most of their bunkers. By my count there are now zero bunkers on the course (aside from one in the short game practice area). So if you don't like sand, this is the course for you!

Commented on 01/08/2021

Hello and thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Southwyck Golf Club!

Nice for orice

Great course layout!! All bunkers filled in with grass giving you a free drop!! I say oversees and make them a penalty area with thick ruff and make playable!! Otherwise course nice with water everywhere.

I do recommend course!! Not short but not so long that you over swing!! Would love to go back again at this price!!

Commented on 01/08/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Southwyck Golf Club thanks you!

Love all the work they are doing to the course

I couldn't believe all the mowing and clearing of the golf course. I think it is awesome!! I know some people may not like that they are getting rid of all the sand bunkers. I think it's great. I really hate fairway bunkers especially. Greens seem to be pretty good for this time of year. Keep up the good work Southwyke me and my friends love it.

Commented on 01/06/2021

Hi, Craig. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Southwyck Golf Club!

Course changes

I like that your taking out bunkers. Think it will speed up play. Couldn’t figure out why ponds were drained.

Commented on 01/04/2021

Hi, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will make sure to inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Southwyck Golf Club!

Commented on 01/05/2021

Hello and thank you for visiting us at Southwyck Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

For sub $30 during the week at 8am...there is zero complaining on my end. The course has issues due to the time of the year, so that is normal and expected. Greens are getting better you could tell, but a few months away at the moment. Ball still rolled relatively smooth (surprisingly when you look from afar). When the bunker areas take hold with the tall grass they inserted, it should make for an interestingly fun test of golf. All in all, friendly staff and a good course. The rating from the tips is fairly spot on, especially when you add in the wind on a few holes that really need force you to play links style shots (3 handicap and shot 76; 2 balls in the drink not knowing the water crept in on 2 holes so close). Would definitely recommend to anyone in the Houston area. Pace of play was 3:56 for a 4-some (8:08 am tee time with a dozen groups starting before us).

Commented on 01/05/2021

Hello and thank you for your kind words! We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your round with us! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Southwyck Golf Club.

enjoyed the course. Friendly person checking us in and even ask if we were military...appreciate it. Would play again.

Commented on 01/05/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Southwyck Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 01/05/2021

Hello and thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Southwyck Golf Club.

No Sand Bunkers

Overall pretty good value. It is a little pity that all sand bunkers are covered in rough and are not playable.

Commented on 01/05/2021

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Southwyck Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 01/05/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences with us! Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Southwyck Golf Club!

Great course and a great price

I like to look at the positives and negatives so here they are.
Positives : the course lay out is really good with water playing on allot of the holes. Course is very well maintained, we got there an hour early to hit the driving range first, but it was closed due to a tournament they were having- but they let us go ahead and start our round early since we were there., the staff was extremely friendly and accommodating.I also played my best round to date from any course and got my first birdie ever on scorecard. ( only played about 5 months but I’m hooked). This course offers allot of opportunities to either lay up or try a hero shot, which to me made it allot of fun.

Negatives, all bunkers at this time are grassed in, and have no sand at all in them (free drop marker at all bunkers) even though their page says they just finished the bunker project.and have fluffy white sand.

It’s certainly worth the price and I will be returning again soon. Hope this helps.

Commented on 12/15/2020

Hi, Gary. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Southwyck Golf Club!

Aylam

It really plays like a link course. It looks easy with no trees etc but it’s deceiving. Greens some of them are treacherous with slope. I recommend this course

Commented on 12/15/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is important, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Southwyck Golf Club thanks you!

Pearland, Texas