Learn more about becoming a member at
Cosby Golf Club

Style Parkland

Year Built 1895

Catering

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Nice course, shame about the rest.

We turned up early at 10.15 for our 11.08 tee hoping for a cup of coffee before our round. The clubhouse was closed and we were directed to a cafe in the nearby village centre. We teed off on time and then proceeded at snail’s pace following a lady’s three ball. They ignored our plaintive looks as we waited at each tee for them for play. Finally after the tenth, when they were nearly two clear holes behind the group in front the opportunity arose for me to politely enquire if it would be possible for the to let us through. “ I don’t think so” was the reply “ One of us is in a competition”. After a conflab they relented and stood aside. Plain sailing from there on.
The course was a nice layout, tight but not too punishing, good greens but a little lacking in sand in the bunkers. I could have helped myself by not going in so many.
When we finished, the clubhouse was open; serving food and drink on the terrace.
Good value for money at £21, but someone needs to have a word about pace of play.
Recommended, but not on a Tuesday following a Ladies Comp.

Top in area

Best course within 20 miles I have played, was very impressed.

Friendly Place

Been lucky enough to play here twice now.
Its a well run friendly place with a great atmosphere.
There seam to be a lot of seniors competitions taking place, but this did not slow the pace too much. The course was in good condition and weather was nice.

Great day poor greens

Before I start I’d like to say I played two very enjoyable rounds and this is a lovey course with great staff who made us feel very welcome.
I play all around the country 2/3 times a week from council run Municipals to Premier courses and invariably I enjoy them all.
I understand the challenges faced by green staff with usage and the weather etc however I have to be honest and tell it like it is.
We found the greens almost unplayable due to over sanding and what I suspect may be an irrigation issue for this lovely club.
It was essentially a lottery and pointless to even try to approach puts with anything like a serious read or method.
With 5 Handicappers in our group we ended up picking up and walking off each green once we’d got on to most of them.
I still enjoyed the course and would play it again rather than not play at all but for serious golfers I looking to challenge their HC, I would recommend that you pay the extra fees and play Glen Gorse Golf club nearby where we found some of the best greens I’ve seen this year.

Quality golf course

Top quality golf course. Best greens we’ve played on in a long time. Fast, true with subtle contours. Needs well struck approach shots to hold the greens though.
Some superb holes, tight fairways in places, plenty of tree trouble for wayward tee shots. Water comes into play on a few holes too.
Plenty of well placed bunkers that have the right amount of sand in them to be able to play out of.
Hot, sunny evening added to the enjoyment and to find the bar still open at 9pm was an added bonus. Will definitely visit again soon.

Hidden Gem!

Arrived 20 minutes prior to teeing off and the course looked lovely looking down the 18th! Went to the pro shop for refreshments and to check in, the lady was nice asking us if we had played here before(which we hadn’t) we had booked a 2 ball and it was £13 each which was a bargain before we even started! We were told we would be paired up with another two ball...this worried us at first and the first tee nerves were higher than usual wondering if we would be judged or holding them up etc. A man and woman joined our group and once we hit our tee shots we knew this would be a good round as they both seemed nice and it was also their first time on this course! All in all the greens were phenomenal(too good if anything) and fairways were nice and challenging! The fought was maybe a little bit too long, if the ball went off the fairway by even a foot the ball was very hard to see but I suppose it encourages you to stay in the fairway! The layout was superb with a mixture of inviting holes! Although this isn’t the longest course I’ve played, it is one of the best! I’ll certainly be back!

Good Course, Great Weather

Good course and great price.

We let a 1 ball in a buggy through after 1 hole, then got held up as the three ball of juniors also wouldn't let him through, until the 13th.
We noticed them playing off the white tees, we asked why, apparently because 'we play of 12' is good enough to back the course up.
Course was tricky having never played it, but really good setup

This course was in excellent condition.

Everything about the place is great. The staff were very friendly. The course was in great nick. The layout is excellent. There are several great holes

Great layout and fairway contours

Played twice in the space of 3 days,first time greens were excellent second time way too fast ,player of my ability I couldn’t keep the ball on the greens.I really enjoyed the contours of the fairways made you try to hit the right side of the fairway and punished wayward drivers.overall enjoyed my experience at the golf course and will be playing again

Very well kept course

Great course in a good location, very easy to get to from the M1. Beautiful hot day on the day of playing, course kept in great condition, the greens were an excellent challenge for both pace and slopes. Good course lay out and a few nice dog legs to contend with. Suits golfers of all abilities. Pace of play was very slow but I have a feeling that due to the weather and the uptake in golf numbers over the last year this was always going to happen. However I didn’t quite expect it to be so slow on a midweek late morning tee time.

Cosby, Leicester
Hinckley, Hinckley and Bosworth
Lutterworth, Harborough
Leicester, Leicester
North Kilworth, Lutterworth
LONDON, ENGLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Berystede Hotel in Ascot and 5 rounds of golf at Sunningdale New Course, Walton Heath, Sunningdale Old Course, St. Georges Hill, and Swinley Forest.
SOUTHPORT | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Vincent Hotel in Southport and 5 rounds of golf at Hillside, Royal Liverpool, Formby, Royal Lytham & St. Annes, and Royal Birkdale.
WALES | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Y-Branwen in Harlech and Coldra Court in Celtic Manor and 5 rounds of golf at Aberdovey, Royal St. Davids, Pennard, Royal Porthcawl, and Celtic Manor 2010.
NORTHERN IRELAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Bayview Hotel in Bushmills and Burrendale Hotel in Newcastle and 5 rounds of golf at Portmarnock, Portstewart, Royal County Down, Ardglass, and Royal Portrush.
DUBLIN, IRELAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Green Hotel in Dublin City and 5 rounds of golf at County Louth, The Island, Portmarnock, Royal Dublin, and K Club (Palmer North).