Type Municipal/Public
Mesa Linda - Costa Mesa Country Club

Year Built 1967
Fairways Kikuyu Grass
Greens Kikuyu Grass
Architect William F. Bell (1967) Ron Fream (1992)

Carts Yes - $22 - $28

Dress code Comfortable clothing; no strict dress code but no tank tops allowed.

Near the Airport 19

Very nice course and price

Most public courses are in poor shape this time of year, but not in Costa Mesa. The fairways are in decent condition, the greens run true, and for the time of year this course is one of the best public courses available. And it is easy to walk.

Not enjoying this round...

Felt like the marshal was watching us every other hole. Finished in less then 3 hours and felt like we had a dam time limit! Staff needs to realize this is a people business and you should understand and be more considerate. Just my thoughts....

Great course to walk and in excellent shape

We have been playing here for years. Especially during Covid, the pro shop staff has been amazing. They are organized, always polite and helpful. The starter consistently watches the pace of play - especially on the first tee which spaces everyone out. The course is well maintained and the landscaping continues to be updated and cared for. Restrooms always clean and open. The online website is user friendly and the few times that it wasn't, the pro shop staff fixed the issue for me. This also is the only course we play (and we play a lot of courses) that has good sand in the all of the traps. Greens are manicured and fairways in good shape.

Commented on 01/15/2021

Hi, Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Los Lagos at Costa Mesa Golf & Country Club.

1st time playing this course. I'll be back

This is the 1st time playing this course. I'll be back. The course was in good shape, and I enjoyed the layout.

One thing about this course that was a huge challenge for me on the front nine were the greens. I didn't struggle as much on the greens on the back nine. Was that because I adjusted or are the greens just tougher on the front? Good question. I'll probably be able to answer that after playing this course a few more times.

The greens on front were fast, hard, very sloped, elevated and the bunkers were well placed to make it very difficult for my game. I had to play very defensively around green. Because I tend to play lower shots with not enough spin, I couldn't hold the greens that I could carry.

My adjustment was to not fear the bunkers. I'm decent out of the sand, so either I ended up in bunker or in the fringe behind green.

I was 7 strokes better on the back then the front with 4 less putts on the back. My totals (putts, fairways and greens in regulation) were all about the same as usual.

Conclusion: If I played better on the back because of my adjustments and the greens are equally as tough on both sides... then I should score much better in my future rounds on this course.

Commented on 01/15/2021

Hello, Thank you for visiting us at Los Lagos at Costa Mesa Golf & Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 01/15/2021

Hi, We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us at (714) 540-7500 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Los Lagos at Costa Mesa Golf & Country Club!

Mesa Linda on Sundays

It is difficult enough to get a tee time on the weekend these days, and at Costa Mesa that means you're in for about a 5 hour round. But for only $30 to walk about 15 holes, its not too bad of a deal.

The course was bone dry, which led to some pretty long drives, and the greens were rolling great. Unfortunately, we had to wait on every tee box on the front nine. After the turn, the groups were more spaced out and we were able to play ready golf

Commented on 01/15/2021

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Los Lagos at Costa Mesa Golf & Country Club.

High quality course for being public. One of the best in OC in my opinion.

Commented on 01/15/2021

Hello, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (714) 540-7500. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 01/15/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Best Value in OC

This course is hands down the best value for your money in Orange County. It's not perfect, but the pros outweigh the cons.

There's two courses here: Los Lagos and Mesa Verde. Both are well maintained with minimal hardpack. Los Lagos is the longer of the two but has more forgiving greens. Mesa Verse is a tad shorter, but the greens are smaller and to me it's the more challenging of the two, although I usually prefer to play Lagos if I can. Still, I'm happy to play Verde if that's what's available. Both courses are par 72.

The downside here can be the pace of play. Covid actually improved things here as the staff stopped allowing fivesomes, as well as spaced out the tee times a bit (barely). Also the lack of a marshal can cause groups to play excruciatingly slow. Still, most days I can play either course in under five hours.

People complain about the cost of the driving range. First off, 14 bucks for 120 balls isn't terrible. Plus, the range balls are in pretty good shape. To me, it's worth it. Go to meadowlark or somewhere else nearby and the balls are garbage.

All and all, this place is pretty killer. The staff can be direct at times but they're just trying to keep things moving. Usually they're pretty polite. Get a marshal on the course to enforce pace of play and this would be the best course in the area.

Commented on 01/15/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Los Lagos at Costa Mesa Golf & Country Club!

Commented on 01/15/2021

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting Los Lagos at Costa Mesa Golf & Country Club!

My go to course

I've been playing here for 20+ years. The staff is always friendly. Pace of play (always play early morning) is always good (4 hrs) course is always a pleasure to play on. Greens are in great shape. They were very fast yesterday.

Commented on 01/15/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Los Lagos at Costa Mesa Golf & Country Club!

Commented on 01/15/2021

Crowded weekend afternoon to be expected

On a nice Sunday afternoon the place was hopping. Course conditions were fair... greens were pretty good, fairways still a bit winter sparse but not terrible. Pace of play was about 15 min per hole, again ... to be expected on a sunny weekend afternoon

Commented on 01/15/2021

Hello, We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing Los Lagos at Costa Mesa Golf & Country Club.

Make foresome great again!

Pace of play has gotten so much better out here. Hopefully post Covid they keep it to foresomes on. Golf has no F’n place for 5 golfers in a group.

Mesa Linda birthday round

I’ve lived in Costa Mesa most of my life and love that we have two really fun public courses here. My son was in town and we happened to get a 7:41am tee time on Linda. My bday was the day before so my son paid for my round, which was a bonus! I shot in the 90’s and he only beat me by 20 strokes. Hahahaha. The course is always fun and if you’re halfway decent you’ll have lots of opportunities. We walked and finished in just over 4 hours. We love coming here!

Costa Mesa, California