2.4

Style Executive
Newport Beach Golf Course

Year Built 1966
Golf Season Year Round

Credit Cards Accepted All major credit cards accepted.

Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Lounge, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

I played this course, but received reservation charge!!

I played this golf course at July 18, 2021.
But I received reservation charge 28.5$ by email.
What happened?
I paid my credit card!!

Difficulty Extremely Easy
Commented on 07/30/2021

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. Please reach out to our management team at the pro shop, and thank you for choosing Newport Beach Golf Course.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Commented on 07/28/2021

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Newport Beach Golf Course.

Staff is awesome, course is solid value

Course is solid value. It’s like playing golf in a park, but the greens are pure for the money you’re paying. Staff and restaurant are awesome and a big part of why I keep going back.

Good deal for the Money

The course is well used and most tees you hit off a mat. I am a relatively new player and that is fine with me. Decent driving range, nice little snack bar and the bar is now open. Here are my only complaints.
The back 9 needs some work back there. Lots of dirt bare areas with no watering going on.
I would like to see the mats removed in the spring.
No matter, I believe this golf course i still a good deal and will continue to golf here.

Commented on 07/23/2021

Hi! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Newport Beach Golf Course!

Do better

For Newport you really think this course would be better. Rude and unfriendly staff. All tee shots are off worn and wonky mats with most holes being less than 100 yards. It was tolerable until a terrible experience with the staff. Not coming back.

Commented on 07/27/2021

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are sorry to hear your customer service experience was not up to par. Please reach out to our management team at (949) 852-8681, and thanks for visiting Newport Beach Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Commented on 07/06/2021

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single-star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Newport Beach Golf Course.

Commented on 07/02/2021

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit.

We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Newport Beach Golf Course.

Commented on 07/01/2021

We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Newport Beach Golf Course. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Enjoyable & Fun

This can be a fun course if pace of play is not so slow and grass start to grow. More dirt than turf. Most tee boxes are artificial turf. Close location to beach to get cool breeze throughout the round makes this course fun to play when weather is hot in inland Orange County.

Commented on 07/12/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 06/22/2021

Good Practice Round

Good place to practice your irons.
But for the price you can find better.

Commented on 06/28/2021

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear your experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for choosing Newport Beach Golf Course.

Cheated

GOLFNOW advertisement describes an 18 hole executive course. No where is it stated this HOT DEAL is for nine holes. After paying and receiving the confirming email, it is finally mentioned this is for nine holes. I'm writing now because the same listing is available for NEWPORT BEACH at 2:10 PM.

Please correct this misleading and false advertisement immediately.

Commented on 06/08/2021

Hello, PanchoL and thank you for taking the time to review and leave us your feedback. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced when booking your tee time. Our goal is to provide our golfers with all relevant information when booking their round online. We apologize if we missed the mark. Please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop at (949) 250-1900 for further resolution in this matter. We hope to hear from you soon, and thank you for choosing Newport Beach Golf Course!

Commented on 05/27/2021

One and Done

Have driven by several times and decided to try it. Here is my take: "No carts allowed in the parking lot." This is a problem due to my age. I had to walk my bag of clubs, and I consider it to be a real inconvenience. Check in was easy, efficient, and pleasant.
Hitting off a mat and not being able to use a tee (no way to pierce the mat) made playing a high stroke deal.
Fairways??? No such thing. Clumpy grass, large barren areas with NO grass. The only parts of the course that appeared to be well kept were the greens, and they were excellent!
The course layout is very compact with the exception of having to cross busy streets.
YOU may think that the tee box locations are obvious, but I do NOT. If it hadn't been for teaming up with two other players who were familiar with the layout, I would have wasted a lot of time and effort deciding the location of the next tee box. It is a good thing I took a driving cart, or I would have been even more tired and frustrated, and with regard to the driving cart, it was old, but OK. At least the brakes worked.
In my opinion, "One and Done" would be my apt assessment.

Commented on 05/27/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review and leave your feedback of your recent round with us. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at the course with us. Your feedback is extremely important to us. It is always our utmost goal to provide our golfers with a fun and enjoyable time and apologize if we missed the mark. For further resolution in this matter, please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop. We hope to hear from you soon!

Commented on 05/14/2021

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Newport Beach Golf Course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Greens were in good shape

this course is great to practice your iron play with greens in good shape. course is obviously an older course with some tee boxes that aren't ideal. But its a good value to practice your full bag of irons if you choose with the occassional opportunities for your driver.

Difficulty Extremely Easy
Commented on 05/10/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Newport Beach Golf Course, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Santa Ana, California
Municipal/Public
Municipal/Public
Newport Coast, California
Newport Coast, California
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Resort at Pelican Hill Newport Beach and 2 rounds of golf at Pelican Hill Golf Club - Ocean North & Ocean South Courses.
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Monarch Beach Resort and play 2 rounds of golf at Monarch Beach Golf Links.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Courtyard San Diego Oceanside and 2 rounds of golf at The Grand Golf Club & Omni LaCosta Resort & Spa.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Golf Club & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Aviara Golf Club.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Mission Hills and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, MIssion Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.