2.2

Type Public/Municipal
Dry Creek Ranch Golf Club

Year Built 1963
Architect Jack Fleming (1963)

Carts Yes - $13

19th Hole Specials 6

LACKING GOLF ETIQUETTE and disastrous customer service.

I have been to this golf course several times before and always wondered why there were never many people on the course, no matter the day of week or time of day. I've heard experiences from others regarding poor customer service but hadn't experienced it myself, until yesterday.
I pre-booked a 4:30pm tee time on a Wednesday afternoon. When I arrived shortly after 4pm, I purchased two 18-hole rounds with carts and requested two carts. I was told that I would need to pay an extra $15 for a second cart and that the carts would need to be returned by 7:30pm. No problem as the course was pretty open and few other golfers on the course. My companion and I completed our first 9 holes, then started the back 9. It was around 6:30pm. After we finished the 10th, we decided to skip the holes on opposite side of the freeway and jump on the 17th tee to be mindful of the time and needing to return the carts by 7:30pm. I was teed up on the 18th hole, ready to swing my driver, I notice someone driving toward us. I looked up to acknowledge this person thinking maybe he hit close to the tee box. He said "my manager said you guys can't play anymore". I'm like wait, what?!?!! He said "you need to take the carts back". I told him this is the 18th hole and looking at my phone it was 7:17pm. I'm like are you serious, we can't play the last hole? He said "no". So I grabbed my tee and ball, put my club in my bag and we headed back to our cars to drop off our clubs.
Infuriated, I dropped off the cart, now 7:20pm. I saw the person who spoke with us and asked him where his manager was as I wanted to speak with him. He looked around and said he didn't know where he was so I told him if his manager had a way of getting ahold of him to find us on the course, then there was a way for him to get ahold of his manager. I looked in the pro shop window wanting to talk with the person who checked us in and told us 7:30 for the cart return time, but the pro shop was already locked. The manager came out of the bar/restaurant and I told him why I was upset and that we were told the carts needed to be returned by 7:30pm. The manager said the carts were due back at 6:30pm. We were never told that when I checked them out. I would've never paid for two rounds of 18 holes and two carts if the carts needed to be back within 2 hours. That's absurd!! The manager, who is arguing with me at this point, is claiming that due to the time change the carts are due back at 6:30pm. Sunset in the middle of summer is around 8:30pm and it was still full daylight outside. I told him how rude and disruptive it was for his employee to not allow us to play the last hole. He said we'll go finish the last hole. Seriously........
No refund for the back 9, no refund for the cost of the additional cart. NOW I understand why there are very few people who play this course. If you don't want to stay late or pay your employees to stay late, don't take tee times after 2pm to ensure all carts will be returned by 6:30pm. And don't offer tee times until 6:30pm if you don't want customers there.
It appears many other people have had customer service issues based on other reviews. Customer service is key and something Dry Creek management is significantly lacking. Losing my $103 could put you at risk for going out of business as your course appears to be starving for business so you may want to reconsider your management style, approach, and demeanor with your customers. And yes, I was told to not come back and encouraged to write my review on Yelp. I will do both.
I believe in supporting local businesses and giving back to our community, but this local business will never get another penny from me or hopefully anyone else I share my encounter with. Maybe you can learn something from some of the other local golf courses (Emerald Lakes, Wildhawk, Micke's Grove, La Contenta, and Swenson) who know how to treat their customers and maintain their customer base. I look forward to competing for tee times at one of those courses instead of going to Dry Creek- a completely un-booked walk-on course with with horrible management.

Ammenaties

Cart needs cold beverage storage or have a food cart available. Make sure carts are fully charged and greens too slow for 100+ weather. Also, tree limbs need to be cut down to make it fair for amatures. Otherwise, average course.

They lost my money

I had 536 tee time. On the GN app selected the with cart option as my dad has a bad knee and walking isn’t feasible. Got to the pro shop at 525. Employee says nope no carts after 515 boss said and even if let you take one it must be back in by 7. He was rude, stubborn, and a jerk.
Course looked in best shape it’s been in a long time. The place engaged in heavy price gauging early in the pandemic with most other area courses closed they charged $70 plus for rounds that course is barely worth 1/2 that. In closing this is only the 2nd bad review I have ever written on GN, Yelp or any other rating app.

I always recommend this course very well taken care of, staff is fantastic. Driving Range is great.. Definitely worth playing

Spend some money already

What used to be a Valley gem has been neglected to the point of not worth playing. Sparse fairways, horrid tee boxes and uncut greens add up to "no bueno".

Good course / poor driving range

Good course to play but poor driving range for the warm up. A couple tee boxes are rough but all in all worth playing it again and again.

Beautiful Day at Dry Creek

We have to drive an hour from the mountains to get to this course. It was worth it. It is a really beautiful course. Nicely laid out and just challenging enough for an intermediate senior female player. My husband enjoyed the course also. Although the course was busy, we weren't waiting to tee off. Will defiantly be back!

Run Down

This course was in poor shape to say the least. Trees overgrown over the fairways. Greens were hammered, tee boxes looked like litter boxes. The driving range was nothing more than an abandoned field way off from the clubhouse. We paid $110.00 for two plus a cart. It wasn't worth 20 dollars a round.

Stay away

This place is not worth it unless you can play for free

18 in under 3 hours

Pace of play was fantastic. Greens are a little fast. Had a great time today, weather was perfect. And the bartender was very nice.

fungus amungus

You get what you pay for. There were several greens that were in bad shape with fungus spots.

Good day for golf

Beautiful weather. Nice round of golf. Some greens in bad shape but overall course was in fair shape.

Course need work

Fairways and greens have patches of balls spots. All greens are shaved down to brown appeared to be started but taking not punching homes.

Woodbridge, California
Woodbridge, California
Elk Grove, California
Lodi, California
Lodi, California
Elk Grove, California
Sacramento, California
Stockton, California
NAPA, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Silverado Resort and Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Silverado Resort and Spa North & South Courses.
SONOMA, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn and 1 round of golf at Sonoma Golf Club.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Hotel Kabuki and 2 rounds of golf at Harding Park & Presidio Golf Club.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA | Enjoy 4 nights’ accommodations at Fairmont San Francisco and 4 rounds of golf at TPC Harding Park, Presidio Golf Course, and Half Moon Bay Golf Links-Old & Ocean Courses.
HALF MOON BAY, CA | Enjoy 1 night's accommodation at Half Moon Bay Lodge and 2 rounds of golf at Half Moon Bay Old Course & Half Moon Bay Ocean Course.