It might not have a lot of competition, but Gilroy Golf Course dubs itself as the "Best 11-Hole Golf Course in America." Built by local farmers and businessmen in 1923, this unique 11-hole routing east of Santa Cruz features small greens and wide, tree-lined fairways set along the Uvas Valley that has changed very little since its founding. Though not a full 18, the golf course is still plenty challenging, including the 245-yard par-3 8th hole, a scenic tee shot considered to be the course's signature. Gilroy Golf Course has suitable BBQ and outing facilities for larger groups.

Gilroy Golf Course

Year Built 1924

9-Hole Rounds 17

Excellent course

Beginners might want to avoid this course, as it is tricky and you slow down groups behind. this course is beautiful, has wildlife, great food, what more could you ask for… 5/5 in terms of course and staff over all. only thing i would complain about, is one older gentleman worker who is always giving the could shoulder. even tried to joke around with him a bit but just stone cold sarcasm back. don’t know if it’s just because i’m a younger player. other than that, 10/10 come check this place out!!

Pace of play and grouping

Course was in decent condition. Greens were ok. Pace of play waited on every hole. To many two someone’s on the course. Some golfer hitting two /three balls off the tee when sometime two groups waiting. Never was there a marshal on the course.. had to play through sprinklers running during mid day

Commented on 07/28/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Gilroy Golf Course, and we hope to see you again in the future.

awesome place

great deals, awesome staff. great course overall. only complaint is walkers slowing groups down. other than that enjoy your time!

App is very confusing

I selected date and course.
But I realize the date was not selected and booked at same day of clicking.
Next day, I found the tee time was wrong and my payment was gone.
The Golfnow App is very confusing and I made a mistake. My money was gone...
There is no way to contact to ask or refund.

Commented on 06/17/2021

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review and leave us your feedback. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced when booking your tee time. Please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop at (408) 848-0490 for further resolution in this matter. We hope to hear from you soon, and thank you for choosing Gilroy Golf Course!

Commented on 05/03/2021

We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Gilroy Golf Course. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Gilroy

Nice friendly staff, excellent greens, challenging, fairways not in good shape, pace and value were excellent

Commented on 05/03/2021

Gilroy GC

Great little course with friendly staff. Course well cared for and enjoyed playing. Will definitely come again.

Passing through

Spent a couple of days in Gilroy and decided to play the course on a weekday. Great staff and course was just right length. Not many playing so pace was great. Eighth hole has a great view after a challenging uphill seven. Will be back.

Garlic Golf

The ground are a little rough but for the price overall it's a good golf course.

The Locals control your pace of play

My friend and I played this course as a twosome. We played the first nine in about 2.5 hours. It was extremely slow. When we started the back nine which starts with the first tee we had to wait for 2 foursomes to tee off which took roughly 20 minutes and the pace of play with those folks was slower than those we followed on the front nine. Recognizing that this was going to be a 6 hour round we looked for an opening a couple of holes ahead of those foursomes as we weren't going to wait to play an extended period of time on the next nine holes. My partner and I are not rude we are considerate of other golfers and we would neve cut in front of another group and in turn hold anyone up by doing so. So out of the blue comes this bald headed dude who drives up and proceeds to rip us for jumping ahead. It turns out he was part of the slow foursomes that teed off in front of us when we started our back nine. You see this is basically a 9 hole course you play twice for the 18.
He claimed there is no jumping ahead on this course and that we were now holding up a single behind us. There was no single behind us it was a foursome and they were not held up. But this local golfer/course employee felt it appropriate to let us have it. He was totally out of line and further when you read the course bylaws there is no discrete course rule that says you cant jump ahead. Anyone playing this course better be aware of the local unwritten rules. My advice , avoid playing this course.

Commented on 03/30/2021

Hello, thanks for the review. We take single-star feedback very seriously at our course. Please feel free to reach out to our management team at (408) 848-0490. Thank you for playing Gilroy Golf Course.

Commented on 03/30/2021

Hello, thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Gilroy Golf Course.

Great time

A friend and I were paired off with two other golfers and we all had a great time.

Continued improvement

The course is constantly improving. Fairways and greens are improved since we first started at the opening of COVID-19.
Only problem is that more and more people are coming out to play the game, not a complaint.
As we came to start our second go around to get our 18 in, there were three foursomes waiting to start their first. We were able to do our second round although it was a lot of waiting but it was always good to get on the course.

Pace of play

No stater, to many 1 sums that didn’t want to pair up made pace of play horrible, played course before and it wasn’t this bad

Commented on 02/19/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us! We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Gilroy Golf Course, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Great for a weekday round!

Nice place for a quick round during the week. It can get busy in the afternoon but not too bad. Love the view from the 8th hole.

Better condition

This course this course about 3-4 months ago and this time the overall condition was 100% better. Pace of play was a little slow but tolerable. Going back in another week to play with some new golf mates. Hope to have a great time once again.

Local course

Nice course to go get some practice in, don’t be in a hurry as lots of beginners play here and it gets slow

Course is in better condition

I booked a tee time on GolFNow. I called to see how much it would cost to get our foursome a cart each because when I got my deal it was for walking the course. When we arrived the attendant was kind of rude making it very clear that we were not guaranteed a cart, Ibtold him we were aware and had our push carts in vehicle. They were plenty of carts and no further issue, just did not care for the lecture.
The course was in pretty good shape, I had played when they first opened up because of COVID-19. Pace of play was excellent, the fairways green as well as the greens.
We will definitely be back to play golf again.

Gilroy, California
San Martin, California
Gilroy, California
Watsonville, California
Watsonville, California
Royal Oaks, California
Morgan Hill, California
MONTEREY, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Embassy Suites by Hilton and 3 rounds of golf at Poppy Hills Golf Course, Black Horse Golf Course & Del Monte™ Golf Course.
MONTEREY, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa and 3 rounds of golf at The Links at Spanish Bay™, Bayonet Golf Course and Poppy Hills Golf Course.
FROM $1,037 (USD)
MONTEREY, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Lodge at Pebble Beach™ and 4 rounds of golf at Pebble Beach Golf Links™, Spyglass Hill™, Pasatiempo & Bayonet Golf Courses.
MONTEREY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at Quail Lodge & Golf Club and 2 rounds of golf at Carmel Valley Ranch and at Quail Lodge Golf Course.
HALF MOON BAY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at The Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay and 2 rounds of golf at Half Moon Bay Golf Links.