Located about an hour from both the Monterey Peninsula and the San Francisco Bay area is Eagle Ridge Golf Club in Gilroy, a city known as the "Garlic Capital of the World" and just east of Santa Cruz. Eagle Ridge's 18 holes of modern-designed championship golf are set amongst the oak forest foothills since it opened in 2000. The golf course features six sets of tee boxes, 92 bunkers, three lakes, seven creeks and also features many multi-tiered greens so it can play as challenging as golfers of any skill level would like. Eagle Ridge Golf Club also features full practice, restaurant and clubhouse facilities.

Eagle Ridge Golf Club

Fairways Winter Rye Grass
Architect Ron Fream (2000) David Dale (2000) Johnny Miller (2000) Kevin Ramsey (2000)

Driving Range Yes - 40 tees

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Men must wear collared shirts. Women must wear shirts with a collar or sleeves. No denim, cut offs, tank tops, swimsuits.

Meh, Not worth the money or the drive

Staff are not friendly. Was made pay an extra $10 each on our twosome because we rode in separate carts. Hello people, COVID. Lots of ground under repair. Back 9 bunkers are over grown. The place is in basic disrepair. Today reminded me again of why I don’t play this course.

Commented on 01/12/2021

Thank you for visiting us at Eagle Ridge Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Fairways

The fairways need lots of water a little torn up ,very tough course the back is definitely more forgiving everything is elevated, prepare to club up!

Commented on 01/12/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Eagle Ridge Golf Club.

Challenging enough to make me want to come back and play again.

Commented on 01/08/2021

Hi mattgalloni48, thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Eagle Ridge Golf Club and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Things are getting better!

I've played Eagle Ridge every year for the past 8 or so years. The first time I played it it was beautiful. Really challenging from the tips. The fairways were lovely, the rough fair, the layout killer, and the bunkering was great. So I returned. year after year and witnessed as this semi-private gem fell into disrepair. Specifically, the bunkers began to abandoned and eventually wh=ere marked as ground under repair. fit only for weeds and defecating dogs to enter. Each year I would ask what the plan was and each time the response was the same. "No idea." To my surprise this year was different. The bunkers have all be redone on the front 9! They are beautiful and the course will soon return to greatness once again.

Commented on 01/08/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience an we too believed the bunkers were the missing piece. We were thrilled to get it pushed through and look forward to all 18 being complete. Thank you for playing Eagle Ridge Golf Club.

Commented on 01/07/2021

Hi, thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Eagle Ridge Golf Club.

Commented on 01/07/2021

Half the course is remodeled, they're making progress

I have always enjoyed the layout and the greens are almost always fair. They 10 holes that have had no remodel done are still survivable, but it's definitely undergoing a good transition. The major drainage problem certainly seemed better today at least.

I will be back, but I certainly would NOT pay full price while the construction is ongoing. But if you can find a deal, jum on it

Commented on 12/21/2020

Hello and thank you for your rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Eagle Ridge Golf Club!

Commented on 12/21/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Eagle Ridge Golf Club!

They're trying - but its just a bad layout

This course has a rough history starting with something like 200 bunkers. Its gone a few renovations and its currently halfway through another trying to make it more playable. I love a challenging course, but there were several holes where I genuinely didn't know where I was supposed to be trying to hit it. Had to tee off with an iron on two of the long par 5's???

Course was in great condition (save the bunker remodel on the back 9) and greens were perfect. Looks like a venue tryng to reinvent itself again - best of luck - I'm rooting for you.

Commented on 12/21/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We have begun our renovation project to recover the sand traps and we work hard to keep the rest of the course excellent shape. Our maintenance crew is constantly working to improve the conditions every day. We hope you'll bear with us through this transition and give us another try in the near future. Your feedback about confusion during the round is very important to us. We always want to make sure our golfers are clear about their purchase before checking out. We appreciate your feedback on the temp greens we have implemented a warning in the tee time notes when booking online and are striving to make all golfers aware in the shop. Thanks for choosing Eagle Ridge Golf Club.

Will be back!

Perfect day from the start with the friendly staff, well kept grounds, fairways in great shape, as well as the greens. They are working hard with the sand traps , but no problem with our play!

Commented on 12/21/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Eagle Ridge Golf Club.

Good times

The course was good except No 1 hole was remodeling and there was no information on that.
But I don't want to complain because It's lucky to play golf in the COVID-19 situation.
The weather was good and the pace was good.
I got to remember my driving swing plane.
This was Good times for me.

Great course !!

Live in San Jose and been golfing for 6 years . Heard a lot about eagle ridge but never played . I finally got a tee time and I was not disappointed, the course is being reconstructed so some
Bunkers were under construction but it wasn’t all that bad . I’m a better than average so bunkers weren’t an issue. This course is fun and challenging. Don’t let bad reviews scare you try this course guarantee the fun.

Commented on 11/30/2020

Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Eagle Ridge Golf Club.

Commented on 11/30/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Eagle Ridge Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for an even better 5 star round soon.

Great potential but falls short

This is a great course but unfortunately requires a lot of work. It is good to see the sand traps are finally getting repaired. For the price they should also have a ranger to keep the pace consistent.

Commented on 12/03/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we will use your feedback and hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Eagle Ridge Golf Club.

Commented on 12/03/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We have begun our renovation project to recover the sand traps and we work hard to keep the rest of the course excellent shape. Our maintenance crew is constantly working to improve the conditions every day. We hope you'll bear with us through this transition and give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Eagle Ridge Golf Club.

Great course and value!

As a local I play this course more regularly than others (it’s just 5 minutes from home). Every time I play it I am challenging my abilities which is something a good golf course should do. Currently they are renovating the sand traps around the course and are nearly done with the front nine. After hitting in (and out of) a few I can say this is a wonderful improvement. Temporary greens and some tees are setup for a few holes at a time.
Afternoon times are quite affordable and pace of play is pretty good. The back nine is a great challenge, so gear up for it on the front.

Commented on 11/30/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We have begun our renovation project to recover the sand traps and we work hard to keep the rest of the course excellent shape. Our maintenance crew is constantly working to improve the conditions every day. We hope you'll bear with us through this transition and give us another try in the near future. We are glad you enjoyed the improvement on the front nine. Thanks for choosing Eagle Ridge Golf Club.

challenging

This course could be the mother of all challenges if the condition of the bunkers is improved - as they are currently. Thge back nine is a killer.... you MUST be straight and have a command of distances you hit each club.

Commented on 11/13/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. As you stated, we have begun our renovation project to recover the sand traps and we work hard to keep the rest of the course excellent shape. Our maintenance crew is constantly working to improve the conditions every day. We hope you'll bear with us through this transition and give us another try in the near future. We appreciate your feedback on the challenge the course provides. Thanks for choosing Eagle Ridge Golf Club.

Family emergency

I had to cancel due to a family illness. I couldn't cancel via golf now app. My buddy asked if there was anything he could do for a refund. Said the guy was not very cool about it. I don't expect anything but customer service is Paramount in my book. There are nice ways to tell someone no dice! I do like the golf now app though.

Commented on 11/09/2020

We appreciate you reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the experience you had when booking your round. Your feedback about confusion during the booking process is important to us. We always want to make sure our golfers are clear about their purchase before checking out. This is a GolfNow policy. We ask that you contact GolfNow customer service at 1 (800) 767-3574 for clarity. Please have your confirmation number handy. Thank you for playing Eagle Ridge Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Great Course If You Can Overlook Construction and Soggy Fairways

My first time playing here. I knew there would be some temporary greens, and I knew some bunkers would be under construction as well. What I didn't expect was how soggy the fairways and fringe would be, especially on the back 9. Very very wet, making the course play much longer and making it very hard to hit crisp irons and wedges. Greens in excellent shape, and very quick. I will return in the future and hopefully play a dryer, less handicapped version of this course than I played this week.

Commented on 11/09/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We have begun our renovation project to recover the sand traps and we work hard to keep the rest of the course excellent shape. Our maintenance crew is constantly working to improve the conditions every day. We hope you'll bear with us through this transition and give us another try in the near future especially when the course is drier. We apologize for the wet conditions on the date you played. We appreciate your feedback on the temp greens we have implemented a warning in the tee time notes when booking online and are striving to make all golfers aware in the shop. Thanks for choosing Eagle Ridge Golf Club.

Commented on 11/06/2020

Hi, Prabhatb. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Eagle Ridge Golf Club.

Gilroy, California