The Trophy Club of Apalachee in Dacula, Georgia, USA | GolfPass

Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Steve Melnyk (1994) Bill Bergin

Junior Golfers 9

Awful greens, awful pace

They pack the course in with as many golfers they can. Pace of play is always a joke. Greens were terribly slow and bumpy. Zero sand in the bunkers. The only reason I played here was because I wanted the BBQ lol. Course sucks and it’s not worth half of what they charge,
but people pay anyhow so won’t bother again. Good golfers don’t play here.

Pace of play

Played on a weekday at 1045. Took us over 7 hours to finish. Ranger drove by and said it’s “a little backed up.” We watched two groups tee off in front of us the entire back 9. They wouldn’t let us pass even with just two of us playing. Ruined the entire experience.

Pace of play

Course could be pretty fun but pace of play is a huge problem. So much so that it makes the round unenjoyable. Tee times 8 minutes apart. No one monitoring pace of play. There is no excuse to be backed up on every tee box. I have played here several times over the last month or two. Every time expressing concern to the clubhouse. Getting “thank you” as a response or a shoulder shrug. Used to be a fun course.

Don’t waste your money

Pace of Play the worst I’ve ever seen. Employee morale extremely poor. Soil erosion, scrub grass tee boxes, clay bunkers and poor design are just a few of the problems with this course. There are plenty of courses nearby to spend your money. Stay far away from this one. I can’t believe it’s still open.

Great Greens, Fair Fairways, not so much other

First time playing Apalachee since last Fall. The new driving range is great. Greens were reliable and in great condition. Tee boxes were very sparse of grass with lots of sand underneath. Fairways were generally OK but a number of water drainage/erosion issues. Bunkers are largely red clay mud holes. Staff is friendly and the brisket sandwich at the turn was most excellent.

Golf Ranger

The course was in great shape and the pace of play was average about 4:20 to finish. The ranger was extremely rude. We were playing behind two groups one was a 5 person group and the other a foursome. We had to wait a few minutes at each tee box but nothing out of the ordinary. We explained to him that we could not play any faster because of the groups in front of us. He offered no apology and then asked when we last saw the group in front of us. Well two holes later he comes back as we are on 17 watching one group on the greatness and the other in the fairway. We told him we were not the problem yet he was still rude and drove off as we were talking. Basically ranger Dave ruined a great afternoon of golf. If Trophy expects 18 holes on a Thursday afternoon to be played in 4 hours they are crazy. They only way to speed the play is to spread out the start times. They need to decide if they want to more rounds or faster play. Most importantly they need to have friendly and courteous staff interact with their customers.

Horrible Pace of Play - Unacceptable

Booked 4:30 on Friday thinking we might get 15 in if it’s slow and 18 if all is good. 2 1/2 hours later on hole 6 and I knew this round was toast. Tee boxes were stacked 3 and 4 groups deep. Not a Marshall in sight and players were left to just deal with the atrocious pace of play.

I should have taken some pictures of the tee boxes and fairways. The course itself is poorly maintained with nearly every tee box nothing but scrub grass and sand. Fairways have bare spots that have zero topsoil and no chance of recovery from winter weather.

We skipped hole 9 and just called it quits at just over 3 hours for 8 holes.. Stopped by the golf shop to let them know we were less than pleased and received the shoulder shrug of the unconcerned and unapologetic staff member. He said management was aware of the issues from previous player complaints and they don’t listen. It was just kind of a “so what” attitude.

Probably won’t be back unless it is for the grill and patio. One of the nicest club grills and patios around. Unfortunately that seems to be all the management appears to take seriously. I was going to send an email to management but decided to just post a review instead. Maybe they will read it. Hire a Marshall to help manage the pace of play and charge an extra buck a beer. You will get more repeat customers and likely sell more beers to boot.

Too bad, I have heard this was once a decent place to play.

Nice club house, rude staff members

The course was in fair shape. The clubhouse was is very good condition. The staff was very rude and not friendly at all. We had just finished the first hole and a group member behind us came and told us that he worked at the course and that we needed to pick up the pace. Absolutely ridiculous. Never will play here again.

Good enough..

Greens were a little sandy, but in great shape and rolled good. Pace of play slow 4:20, just a lot of golfers were out, Fairways again in good shape, but around some greens were very wet. I had a coupon for $30, and it was a beautiful day.

Excellent greens

Great course potential, cart paths need work, fairways good but the greats r outstanding, fun course overall

Don't waste your time

- The starter on the course obviously hates his job or thinks he is Barney Fife. I drive to the first tee and he is holding his arm out like he is directing an airplane. I pull up parallel to his golf cart so I can give him my starter ticket. Then he starts complaining because he was standing 3 feet in front of his cart and he wanted me to stop there instead. I can't make this up. He seriously complained about it for 5 minutes.

- I had called ahead of time and they said the course was wide open. It was not there were 3 groups waiting to tee off and they were very slow. I paired up with another guy and we passed several slow foursomes after that. It would have been a 5 hour pace in 95 degree weather. I think I'll pass next time.

- Course conditions were average at best. The greens were in good shape, but the tee boxes and fairways were below average. The layout is quirky too.

- There are too many good golf courses in Atlanta to waste time here. Who wants to get harrased by a marshall because you stop 3 feet form were he wants you to stop and then be forced to play a 5 hour pace.....not me anyway.

Horrible Pace of Play

First time playing Apalachee (around 5 pm) and we paid for 18, because there is no 9 hole option. There was no pace of play after about an hour we had played 3 holes. We skipped ahead to try and salvage a little of our money spent. We ended up playing 6 or 7 holes and calling it a day. It feels like they have maybe oversold their dirt-cheap memberships and have decided to forgoe any reasonable attempt at maintaining a pace of play under 7 hours. I can only imagine the nightmare this would be at a peak demand time. I wouldn't recommend this course as a practical joke on my worst enemy. Too many nice courses in the area to spend another dime here.

Tee boxes are rough

Lot of money spent on driving range and clubhouse. Need to fix tee boxes. Grass on tees are bad along with very unlevel tee area. As a player tees and greens are the most important part of the course. Spend some time and money on the tees and you will have a much better experience for the golfers.

Dacula, Georgia
Monroe, Georgia
Suwanee, Georgia
Duluth, Georgia
Sugar Hill, Georgia
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort (Inn at Château or Villas at Château) and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club - Château, Woodlands, & Executive Courses.
GADSDEN, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Hampton Inn - Gadsden and 3 rounds of golf at Silver Lakes Golf Club - Championship & Short Courses.
OPELIKA, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Auburn Marriott Opelika Resort & Spa at Grand National and 3 rounds of golf at Grand National Golf Club - Lakes, Links, & Short Courses.
TAMPA, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Saddlebrook Resort - Palmer or Saddlebrook Courses. Includes Preferred Golfer experience.