1.8

Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Steve Melnyk (1994) Bill Bergin

Junior Golfers 9

Excellent greens

Great course potential, cart paths need work, fairways good but the greats r outstanding, fun course overall

Don't waste your time

- The starter on the course obviously hates his job or thinks he is Barney Fife. I drive to the first tee and he is holding his arm out like he is directing an airplane. I pull up parallel to his golf cart so I can give him my starter ticket. Then he starts complaining because he was standing 3 feet in front of his cart and he wanted me to stop there instead. I can't make this up. He seriously complained about it for 5 minutes.

- I had called ahead of time and they said the course was wide open. It was not there were 3 groups waiting to tee off and they were very slow. I paired up with another guy and we passed several slow foursomes after that. It would have been a 5 hour pace in 95 degree weather. I think I'll pass next time.

- Course conditions were average at best. The greens were in good shape, but the tee boxes and fairways were below average. The layout is quirky too.

- There are too many good golf courses in Atlanta to waste time here. Who wants to get harrased by a marshall because you stop 3 feet form were he wants you to stop and then be forced to play a 5 hour pace.....not me anyway.

Horrible Pace of Play

First time playing Apalachee (around 5 pm) and we paid for 18, because there is no 9 hole option. There was no pace of play after about an hour we had played 3 holes. We skipped ahead to try and salvage a little of our money spent. We ended up playing 6 or 7 holes and calling it a day. It feels like they have maybe oversold their dirt-cheap memberships and have decided to forgoe any reasonable attempt at maintaining a pace of play under 7 hours. I can only imagine the nightmare this would be at a peak demand time. I wouldn't recommend this course as a practical joke on my worst enemy. Too many nice courses in the area to spend another dime here.

This is not the US Open.

Course today was not great. Tee boxes divoted everywhere and the rough was 3 inches tall. This is not the US Open. Please cut your grass.

Georgia Advisor

Fun Course with challenging layout

This was my first time playing Trophy Club of Apalachee. The staff was very friendly, nice and helpful.

I like the layout of the course. There are many pretty golf holes and the course has a fun layout. It is nice to have range balls included in the price of the greens fees. The range was quite sparse of grass. However, I can not complain about the price of using the range.

The course features many large greens (nice since MANY of the holes you are hitting from a sloped lie). The course has LOTS of holes that are on severe slopes from either right to left or left to right (#1, 2, 5, 6) as well as several holes which are uphill and downhill. Most of the tee boxes were bare to thin with very little grass. The fairways were in nice condition. However, I was very surprised at just how much bare dirt with no grass there was all around the cart paths and even in a few of the fairways. The greens were quite bumpy and slow, but very puttable and challenging.

The course has some challenging and fun holes. The biggest draw back about the round of golf was the very SLOW play. There was a Marshall at the first tee, but never once did we see a Marshall during the round to help speed up play. The round took very close to five hours and we had to wait on almost every tee box. Very annoying.

Overall, I liked the course layout, but was a little disappointed in the condition of the course. It has great potential, just needs some TLC.

Does not follow cdc

This course does not have it set up for one person per cart to achieve social distance. Did not spread out tee times correctly. Our round took five hours because too many people and tee times too close together. Club house workers when asked about cart policy said that if we didn’t want to play no problem because they had plenty of people to take our tee time. Not happy with the attitude. Only money matters to them not the people.

Go Play

Has improved & appears they’re working toward more improvements. Even with all the rain recently course very playable & 90’ cart path rule. Travis, an employee there outgoing & helpful. New process tracking pace of play. Only concern or suggestion, reconsider smaller seasonal fee increase for Seniors, split the $10 increase in half. I feel this is more acceptable. Our group’s goal is <$25 throughout year.

Course is has some challenging holes, greens are hard but roll fair on putts. Bagel and cream cheese was an excellent way to start the morning too.

Impressed

Negatives-greens little bumpy, more on front side than back (needs sanding?); pace of play slow at times, had a twosome past us with really no where to go (ambassador at tee box but not on course)
Positives- everything else, probably best deal going (golf,cart,range balls & lunch which consisted of tasty bar b que, fries & drink for a Great price). Joe, Tyler & Patrick all friendly & helpful. Other than green issues, overall course conditions above average. Water in coolers. Impressed so much while eating made a tee time for next week, same deal!
Recommend

Pairing

Course needs to learn how to pair golfers and form Foursomes. My Twosome joined with the Twosome behind us so we didn’t feel pushed and didn’t have to wait on the group in front of us. The Three singles behind we let play through after forming a Foursome.
Another thing.. Handicap flags are nice to have also. Several holes don’t allow the carts and a few very wide fairways make it difficult to walk.

I really enjoyed playing this course. Even though it was my first time the Golf Now app help me get around on the course with ease. This is not a long course so you better hit it straight and know what you are doing around the greens.

Great Value

This was the first time I played this course and I plan to play it again. Very nice staff and a great overall course!

Dacula, Georgia
Monroe, Georgia
Suwanee, Georgia
Duluth, Georgia
Sugar Hill, Georgia
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club Château, Woodlands, and Par 3 Courses.
TAMPA BAY, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Saddlebrook Resort and 1 round of golf at Palmer or Saddlebrook courses with unlimited use of practice facilities.
TAMPA BAY, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Palmer or Saddlebrook courses including full breakfast buffet daily and unlimited use of practice facilities.
BIRMINGHAM, AL | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at your choice of select Marriott properties in the Birmingham area and 2 rounds of golf at Highland Park Golf Course.