A view from Chateau Elan Golf Club

Woodlands Course at Chateau Elan Golf Club

Year Built 1996
Architect Denis Griffiths (1996)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Dave Pelz Golf School"

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover Welcomed
Dress code No Denim; Collared shirt required for men.

Meeting Facilities

Entertaining Clients 19

Commented on 06/24/2022

Hi, Jslay3434. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course.

Great Course!

This is the first time I played it I had a blast. The fairway is a bit narrow in places but if you are driving straight you can score score well on course. I’m an 18 handicap and shot an 89. I have played the Chateau many times and I do prefer the woodlands because of course conditions and pace of play.

Tough layout in good shape

Woodlands is the less picturesque 18 at Chateau Elan & generally gets less play. It’s a tight layout with some blind tee shots & tight landing areas. On this day, the greens were really slow as they have been watering a ton to keep them in good shape. There are lots of fade tee shots around this course, so hope that is in your bag. Pace of play can be slow due to lots of ball searching & you are unlikely to see a Marshall. Number 9 does NOT come back to the clubhouse, so have food with you. I have never seen the mid point grill open.

One annoyance….many of the tee boxes were not built to point at the center of the fairway. Most often they point at the right rough. I really hate this being overly visual in my swing shape.

It’s a nice course & even better if you have a coupon. Can be really pricey on the weekend.

Commented on 06/22/2022

Hello, kennyduga. Thank you for visiting us at Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 06/17/2022

Hi, u231133545. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course.

Commented on 06/16/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Jameskim007! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course!

The Woodlands

Course was in really good shape. Teed off at 1:30 p.m. on a Sunday and never saw another group on the course. Was able to play in right around 3 hours. With the shape the course is in and the brisk pace of play it made for a very nice time.

Commented on 06/14/2022

Hi, u00000957887. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course.

Commented on 06/22/2022

Hi, hakrhie. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course.

Commented on 06/13/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Rllakin! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course!

Commented on 06/21/2022

Hello, jakers144. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Commented on 06/14/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, mwinston! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course!

Commented on 06/15/2022

Hi, u314160101049. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course.

Commented on 06/06/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, markpijr! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course!

Commented on 06/06/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, andrewaustin. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course!

Very nice

Very nice course. Just not quite as nice as it's sister course, Chateau.

Commented on 06/03/2022

Hello, Richhoffer. Thank you for visiting us at Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 06/02/2022

Hello, yong9250976. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Intrusive pro

Got to the course early. Hit some balls on the range. Had a few left over and put them in my cart when I went to pick up my playing partner. We did not have enough time to return to the range so we teed off. Great round. We decided to return to the range to work on something post round. I took the balls out and was approached by and confronted by a pro who wanted to know If I took the balls on the course. He then lectured me about taking balls on the course. Like I have to use range balls to play golf? Much less I am returning them to the range! If I was on the course using range balls that is a different situation.
Totally unnecessary. Ruined my experience for the day.

Commented on 05/27/2022

Hi, jlesliejr. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are sorry to hear your customer service experience was not up to par. Please reach out to our management team at (678) 425-6050, and thanks for visiting Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Take your A game

Beautiful course and conditions of fairways/greens good. Tight fairways with a lot of hills and elevated greens. It was 91 usual for May which made course seem much harder.

Commented on 05/23/2022

Hi, sgcaldwell. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course.

Commented on 05/18/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314161589979! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course!

Braselton, Georgia
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Jefferson, Georgia
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Gainesville, Georgia
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort (Inn at Château or Villas at Château) and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club - Château, Woodlands, & Executive Courses.
GADSDEN, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Hampton Inn - Gadsden and 3 rounds of golf at Silver Lakes Golf Club - Championship & Short Courses.
OPELIKA, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Auburn Marriott Opelika Resort & Spa at Grand National and 3 rounds of golf at Grand National Golf Club - Lakes, Links, & Short Courses.
TAMPA, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Saddlebrook Resort - Palmer or Saddlebrook Courses. Includes Preferred Golfer experience.