Collins Hill Golf Club in Lawrenceville, Georgia, USA | GolfPass

Fairways Bermuda
Greens Bent
Architect Perrin Walker

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Course has improved, amenities, not so much

I have played CH over the years many times. It is a solid track, and this year the course is in good condition. The cart paths are so bad that you cannot drive on them, especially on the back nine. Our cart on this trip did not have brakes, which caused us quite a bit of discomfort during the round. Collins Hill needs to improve their course a bit more if they would like to continue to charge such high rates versus other tracks? I am sure to come back as I can play many places with better carts and non washed out paths for the same price.

Commented on 08/09/2022

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Meh.

Came on a Sunday afternoon and have played this course multiple times over the years. Began with some grumpy old guy with a clipboard claiming that my name wasn’t on the tee time list. Mentioned that perhaps it’s incorrect as I had booked online and the front desk was able to process my reservation with no issue. “This ain’t wrong” was the guy’s self-righteous response as he proceeds to then ignore me. Turns out the sheet was in fact wrong and I proceeded to play my round. Grumps avoided me after that. Whatever, staff not on the same page, it happens.

Course doesn’t allow for outside coolers or beverages, ok makes sense. Their own rules state that if you’d like to rent a cooler from them and fill it up with drinks from the shop, you can. When I inquired about renting a cooler, the kid behind the desk looks at me like I had three heads and says they don’t actually rent coolers. Show him the rule printed on the back of the scorecard sitting directly in front of him and the best he says he can offer then is a grocery bag of ice I can put drinks on. Christ.

95 degrees outside, no water coolers anywhere, or cart people selling drinks on the course so make sure to prepare accordingly for the heat because you’re on your own once you leave the clubhouse.

Cart path is non-existent in some places and very poorly maintained. Can see where players would repeatedly drive onto the course to avoid driving on the “path”.

What I can only describe as mini sand traps on the green on some holes.

It’s been a crappy neighborhood course for decades and still is so expectations are low, but the no water on the course or not allowing coolers, then providing no viable substitutions in this heat is asking for trouble.

The golf carts are nice though.

Commented on 08/03/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review and leave feedback on your recent round with us. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. Your feedback is extremely important to us. It is always our utmost goal to provide our golfers with a fun and enjoyable time and apologize if we missed the mark. Please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop with any additional concerns. Thanks for choosing Collins Hill Golf Club.

Commented on 07/25/2022

We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Collins Hill Golf Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Overall course conditions were good. A couple of greens had issues with dead grass/dirt areas, but pin placements helped to keep those out of play for the most part. No marshall to help speed up play. It took over 4 1/2 hours for our round. Price was very reasonable for what you got.

Commented on 07/26/2022

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your feedback to our team at Collins Hill Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 07/19/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Collins Hill Golf Club.

Decent course; good value

This course is one of the most inexpensive in this area. So, for that reason, it is a good value. That being said, there are some basic things that could/should be improved. When I played there was no starter which is not an issue in and of itself. However, the day I played the cart rules were "cart path only". Since no one was there to let us know that, their GPS carts shut off on us when we drove on the fairway to our balls. So, we had to push the carts back to the path. Also, the cart paths themselves are brutal. They need to be repaired/replaced. But that is the worst of it . . . which is not too bad. Overall, the course is nice. It has a good variety of easy and challenging holes. Again, good value for an inexpensive green fee.

Commented on 07/21/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Collins Hill Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 07/11/2022

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Collins Hill Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 07/07/2022

We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Collins Hill Golf Club!

Good value

Course is regularly in decent shape and pace of play was good despite it being a holiday weekend. Greens were slow and I'd love to see some attention paid to the cart parks. But it keeps my chiropractor busy!

Commented on 07/19/2022

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your feedback to our team at Collins Hill Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Good for the money

9am tee time on a Friday. Was paired up with A guy who works part time at the course. Finished the round in 3 1/2 hrs.
Staff was vey friendly. Good budget track to play!

Commented on 07/05/2022

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your time at Collins Hill Golf Club, and pride ourselves on delivering the best experience possible.

We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 07/05/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing Collins Hill Golf Club.

Much Improved

I have been playing this course with 3 of my friends almost weekly for a couple of years. The course is now in the best shape is has ever been. Almost all the greens are free of bare spots and the fairways are well maintained. Hope they continue to make improvements.

Things that need to be worked on: A few of tee boxes are extremely hard, (#9 and 17 come to mind) and the cart paths definitely need to be smoothed out.

Quite an enjoyable and challenging (at least for us) course to play.

Commented on 07/15/2022

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Collins Hill Golf Club!

Great customer service, Pair price. Fairways are clean. Course lay out is challenging. . Greens needed a little love and attention.

Commented on 07/07/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your business. Collins Hill Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 06/28/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Collins Hill Golf Club!

Had a most enjoyable round in the blazing heat (93*). We finished in 4:15 which is great. It's a fun layout.
Stating the obvious is the cart path is unusable in many areas. A few greens are blighted but definitely playable. While there was no grill/beer available the snack shop was very well stocked and appreciated.

All in all this is a course to return to.

Commented on 07/05/2022

Thank you for visiting us at Collins Hill Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon!

Sunny and Low Humidity

Great weather! Reasonable comfortable weather. TeeOff on time as a single and joined a twosome on the 6th hole. Greens were course and a little inconsistent for speed and holding the line. Overall a good day of golf with great people.

Commented on 07/05/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Collins Hill Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon!

Poor green

Green are really bad, they need to closed course few week to repair green. Never coming back.

Commented on 06/17/2022

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve and are working diligently to improve the course. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you in the future.

Sneaky Good...

First time playing this course and I have to say that I was very surprised. A lot of the reviews I read were bad and I was hesitant to book here but I was glad that I did. The course has a nice layout, fairways and most of the greens were in perfect condition. I played early but as I got down through the holes I can see that pace of play might be an issue...and the cart paths on the back 9 will leave you in need of an adjustment at the chiropractor but all in all I would definitely recommend this course.

Commented on 06/17/2022

Dacula, Georgia
Dacula, Georgia
1.7619142857
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Braselton, Georgia
4.1919235294
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort (Inn at Château or Villas at Château) and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club - Château, Woodlands, & Executive Courses.
GADSDEN, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Hampton Inn - Gadsden and 3 rounds of golf at Silver Lakes Golf Club - Championship & Short Courses.
OPELIKA, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Auburn Marriott Opelika Resort & Spa at Grand National and 3 rounds of golf at Grand National Golf Club - Lakes, Links, & Short Courses.
TAMPA, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Saddlebrook Resort - Palmer or Saddlebrook Courses. Includes Preferred Golfer experience.