View of the 18th hole at Oak Quarry Golf Club.

Oak Quarry Golf Club

Fairways Hybrid 419 Bermuda Grass
Greens Pennlinks Bentgrass
Architect Dr. Gil Morgan (2000) Lee E. Schmidt (2000) Brian Curley (2000)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Teaching Pro No

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed
Walking Allowed No
Dress code Collared shirt required, no cut-offs

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 41

Get it together

First starter could not get it together with groups. 2nd the course still charging premium rate but i have never seen so much grass in bunkers. I get it rained early but after noon it cleared out and very hot and humid which the staff joked about. But no one put water on course and the halfway house was closed
Would it not make sense to make a decision to make sure peopledon't pass out or heat stroke without water any where om course. This is very unexceptable.

Great Weather

Came out here for a nice birthday treat, thanks to a friend who gave me golf gift cards I was able to afford the round. OQ is a nice course that sits in Riverside but when you look out the fence from this property it doesn’t look like Riverside, views from fairways & tee boxes are great you can see a long way of the weather is right. The one thing on the top of my list is this type of course that you already have paid $80 to $140 depending on time of day you play & you still have to pay for range balls?? Next I wish courses like this which have GPS enabled golf carts could allow you to be a “little more” player friendly when it comes to how close you can get to your ball, many times I would have to park & walk quite a distance taking a couple of clubs & not really knowing the yardage. I get the need for safety & not wanting people to drive off cliffs here but middle of the fairways to cut out is kinda ridiculous. Lastly the young man in the Pro Shop didn’t give great customer service, it was almost like I interrupted his TV time to check me in, no info on range balls, carts or anything really… oh & one more point I wish to make, just because you pay a high amount of green fees at this course doesn’t mean you don’t have to fix your pitch marks on the greens, every green looked as if hail had fallen earlier in the day, my group fixed 2-4 per hole including our own, that’s not a OQ problem that’s a rude golfer problem. I do like the new layout changing some of the hole numbers allows for better flow & better pace of play.

Awesome Course

Thé couse was in great shape, the greens were stellar!
The sand traps could use some help.
It was the first time visiting this course for my son who totally loved it.

Roger

Tough day

Too much course for me. In good shape except for the sand traps. Staff very friendly.

Bunkers

Played oak not to long ago , so this review will be part of my past review. I will start by saying the course is in hood shape with the exception of the bunkers… straight trash. Obviously we all hate playing out of the bunkers , but theres nothing like hitting a bunker shot with nice sand in it… and the sound it makes is spectacular. During this last round i pulled my ball out and played from the grass.. bunkers are not good here.. also not a fan of sending every group waiting down to the teebox to wait for the group ahead of you to teeoff… hate galleries making noises and disrupting tee shots… the starter needs to hold each group back like it use to be on the OG hole 1…

Amazing Design

I'd wanted to play here for a long time and finally got to yesterday. Course was very challenging and in great shape for the most part. Tees were pretty good but a little uneven. Greens were probably rolling about a 9 on stimpmeter at medium fast. They rolled very true- I had 26 putts. The fairways were great as I expected them to be more burned out with the summer heat. The only sketchy thing was the traps. They had weeds growing in them and were baked out. The only one I was in was so bad that I pulled it out. The fairway traps were fine as long as you played it like a cart path and hit down on it.

Make sure to bring your own drinks as there wasn't a snack cart and you don't come back to the clubhouse until 18. The new carts were great and very comfy. Amazing views and hole 16 is breathtaking.

Took 5 hours to play

The course was in great shape but it took to long to play. The most disappointing thing was we only saw the course Marshall one time the whole round and that was on number 6.

No cart girl or halfway house in 95 degree heat.

I’ve been to this course 3 times, and this last time was a pretty terrible
experience. The restaurant had one person working, which was a sign of what was to come. No starter present, which for a course of this prestige should never be allowed to happen. The 5th hole(first par 3) was backed up with 4 groups ahead of us. The heat was in the ’90s with no cart girl present, which shouldn’t have been a big deal except the halfway house was closed. I feel like the clubhouse should’ve given everyone a heads up so we could’ve loaded up with drinks since it was scorching hot. We ended up calling it a day at the 14th, and we counted 15 groups ahead of us, on pace for a brisk 6.5hr round.

I would stay away for the foreseeable future on weekdays; the fantastic price isn’t worth the heatstroke or dehydration.

A Good Test

The bunkers are Garbage. Unfortunately this seems to be a common issue around the Southland. Who knew putting fresh sand in bunkers or just raking and maintaining what’s already there spread COVID-19 but that’s the only possible explanation.

Other than that the course is in really good shape. It was 90° when I played but the fairways and greens were in good shape. I only got a couple thin lies in the fairway.

The front nine greens were slower than the back it seemed to me. They were resort slow and most putts were basically straight. The back was more challenging with more slopes and more break and speed.

My cart GPS crapped out and that sucked because they have exact distance to the flagsticks. Maybe that’s why I was four shots better on the front. Also the layout seems to have been changes and the signage was confusing since it was my first visit.

I’m definitely coming back and I’d highly recommend the course.

Colton, California
Mira Loma, California
Fontana, California
Norco, California
Ontario, California
San Bernardino, California
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Resort at Pelican Hill Newport Beach and 2 rounds of golf at Pelican Hill Golf Club - Ocean North & Ocean South Courses.
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Monarch Beach Resort and play 2 rounds of golf at Monarch Beach Golf Links.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Courtyard San Diego Oceanside and 2 rounds of golf at The Grand Golf Club & Omni LaCosta Resort & Spa.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Mission Hills and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, MIssion Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Golf Club & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Aviara Golf Club.