View of the 18th hole at Oak Quarry Golf Club.

Oak Quarry Golf Club

Fairways Hybrid 419 Bermuda Grass
Greens Pennlinks Bentgrass
Architect Dr. Gil Morgan (2000) Lee E. Schmidt (2000) Brian Curley (2000)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Teaching Pro No

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed
Walking Allowed No
Dress code Collared shirt required, no cut-offs

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 41

Pace of play

Pace of play was pretty slow. The conditions of the course and staff friendliness were too notch.

Fabulous Golf Course!

Absolute must play!!! We travelled from Indio picked up some friends along the way by Tukwet Canyon and proceeded to the golf course for a 12:12 Tee time. Arrived early and had a light breakfast, went to the range, and teed off at our prescribed time…. Sadly after waiting and waiting for prolonged periods we noticed the 3some ahead of us and the 2some ahead of them went through the 4some ahead of them. We felt maybe they were the hold up…. We skipped hole 13 and also advanced past the 4some thinking there was a gap and knowing we would not finish before dark….. we approached 14 Tee box only to find 7 groups on the hole….. The 4some we passed were happy to allow us to keep our position ahead of them as they had no intention of finishing. 2 of us were able to track our balls and complete 18 in the pitch dark. Very disappointing to what could/should have been an awesome day on probably one of my favorite courses….

Awesome views.

The course was in great shape. The greens were fast and true. My group finished our round in 3 hours and 30 minutes. Amazing. The fastest round I have ever had on any course.

good course but a bit expensive

This course is really beautiful course.
On the other hand the play fee is becoming expensive.

good course and reasonable price

First time to play. everything was better than expectation, then also a reasonable price

Beautiful Course!

Played here for the first time with my hubby. Staff was super friendly, arrived 20 minutes before our tee time, and they let us tee off right away. Fairways and greens were awesome, spectacular views of the course especially from the hills and the Par 3 with the lake and quarry. Grass around the fairways were kind of thick and we had a tough time finding our balls, but that was no big deal at all. The pace was great (there was only a twosome in front and a single behind us) - we finished in less than 4 hours - love it! Thank you Oak Quarry - would definitely play here again!

Great course , needs Marshall and tee times spread out

Oak quarry is an absolute gem of course… beautiful and tough but a couple things the last couple times have made the round a pain in the A. Last two times we have played here we teed off at 12:20 and 12:44 and did not finish barely got to 15th hole. When you pay $70+ for a round you have to finish and this to me is just a mistake with tee times only being 7 mins apart for a tougher course. Let’s be honest not all golfers playing here are single digit handicaps and most struggle. With that being said tee times need to be spread out to 10-12 mins and a Marshall i have not seen any of the 8-10 times I’ve played here. He needs to be driving around talking to groups and getting it going. Other than that this course is amazing , staff is friendly , and i love it . The Cups were cut a little bad the last time i played but that’s okay easy fix. When the pace gets figured out this course is an easy 5 stars one of the best in the IE forsure.

Great staff and course

Overall had a great time playing here. The course was in great condition and staff was exceptionally great. The only knock here was the pace of play. Our 4 some who’s handicaps are all below 10 found us playing a 5 and half hour round. The Marshall was great and had the group in front of us pick up their ball twice, we did ask for the group to let us play around them however they declined. I would say gapping the tee times a little more would be the only option here. Although this was the only knock the staff made up for it in every way possible. This is a must play course for intermediate to advanced golfers.

Great Course with slow pace of play

This is my 3rd time playing this course & each time pace of play has been bad. I don’t know if it’s due too tee times not spread out far enough but it’s a 5 to 6 hours to finish each time due too waiting at every hole. Staff great, course great, but kills it when all you do is wait and throws off your rhythm of play & when your staring at people looking for balls in terrain the whole time. Golf Ranger needs to be active and pushing people to pick up pace.

Slowest Round Ever

The course itself was fun, good layout, elevation changes and challenging greens. Staff was nice. The pace of play however was the worst. 1220 tee time. Had 5 groups on number 1. Starter was nice but did nothing to help pace of place. Teed off at 1240. Waited on every hole. 4 hours to play 11 holes. Marshal drove by once. No one doing anything to help. If you play do it early and expect a long round.

Beautiful course.

Beautiful course . Nice people !good service! Will be back soon

Over booked

Love this course , but on a Friday afternoon was clearly over booked , 30 min delay before our tee time, driving range was closed, didn’t even get to finish our round because it got dark. Beautiful course , but definitely felt like I didn’t get my money’s worth

Abhorrent Pace of Play

It took 3.5 hours to play 9 holes. When I walked up to the tee box we had to wait for three other groups to tee off first. There was no sign of a Marshall. We waited on every single shot. Just completely unacceptable pace of play. That was my biggest complaint, the course is in great condition otherwise. The only other thing I’d criticize is the rough was really really thick. I think it could use a mow, no need for US Open thick rough for a amateur golfer.

Beautiful and challenging

Pros: course is beautiful, fairways are very well maintained and the course is challenging but forgiving if you can hit it mostly straight.
Cons: tee box grass was so thick and long you couldn’t hit a clean shot at times, rough is ROUGH, two clubs up and a hack may get you out. The prices for some stuff was outrageous. $18 for a sleeve of balls, seemed excessive. My only major complaint was that it was cart path only, which I wasn’t told about at time of booking or even by staff at check in. This made the round slow and hard. The course is all hills and the rough being so thick you couldn’t find your ball and the amount of walking out a damper on the relaxation part of the game. I’m not sure why it was cart path only there was no explanation and the course wasn’t wet. Other than that I am playing again but mainly cuz I already booked it before coming into town, it is a nice course and I feel like outside of the cart path only issue it was worth the$66 for sure.

Colton, California
Mira Loma, California
Fontana, California
Norco, California
Ontario, California
San Bernardino, California
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Resort at Pelican Hill Newport Beach and 2 rounds of golf at Pelican Hill Golf Club - Ocean North & Ocean South Courses.
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Monarch Beach Resort and play 2 rounds of golf at Monarch Beach Golf Links.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Courtyard San Diego Oceanside and 2 rounds of golf at The Grand Golf Club & Omni LaCosta Resort & Spa.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Mission Hills and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, MIssion Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Golf Club & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Aviara Golf Club.