Sherwood Forest Golf Club

Year Built 1968

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Bar, Snacks, Restaurant, Beverage Carts

Nice round after the rain.

We played Sherwood after a brief rain shower. Some puddles and debris on greens, which was to be expected. Overall, the course is in good shape, with mature trees, some holes where the river comes into play, and some interesting holes with narrow fairways. Staff are very friendly and accommodating.

Commented on 10/12/2021

Hi, thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Sherwood Forest Golf Club.

VGA tour

Played in the Vetrans Golf Assoc. tournament. Staff were friendly and helpful, It had been 5 years since I played here. Course was in much better condition than the last time. Tee to green not too bad, though fairways are a little thin for my taste. But greens were in terrible shape. Looked to have some sort of disease on all but the 18th. Even with that they ran fairly true unless you hit a crab grass sprig that was infesting the greens also. All in all not bad for a muni in the Fresno area.

Commented on 10/13/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Sherwood Forest Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 09/27/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Sherwood Forest Golf Club!

Course still needs work

Fairways are getting better, tee boxes too. Greens are still a mess….

Commented on 09/21/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your business. Sherwood Forest Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 09/08/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Sherwood Forest Golf Club!

Greens

Greens are in bad shape much needed in repair I do not remember them being so bad.

Commented on 09/20/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Sherwood Forest Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Great fun

Had a great time even though the fairways were a tad bit swampy. At least they were playable. It was nice to get out and play on a course that is actually green and not dead from the summer heat here in the valley.

Commented on 07/26/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Sherwood Forest Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 07/22/2021

Hi. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Sherwood Forest Golf Club!

I haven’t played Sherwood in years and I forgot how much I like this course. Trees frame the holes well and even though it’s not a long course, there are many challenges presented throughout your day.
It was 110 degrees the day we played which stunted an otherwise enjoyable round!

Commented on 07/12/2021

Thank you for visiting us at Sherwood Forest Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 07/21/2021

Hi. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Sherwood Forest Golf Club!

General Comment

Course in good condition. Greens need better tending. Pace of Play good. Staff was great.!

Commented on 07/21/2021

Hello. Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at Sherwood Forest Golf Club. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Fun course

I played with a good friend and had a blast. The course is better than it’s been before, the staff was friendly and you can’t beat the price. With a large trees, you get great cover from the sun. We’ll be back soon!

Commented on 06/23/2021

Course is great.

Course is great no problem this time with trees as I have had in the past.

Commented on 06/24/2021

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Sherwood Forest Golf Club!

Love this course!

The tee boxes could use some care but they are playable with a tee. Sometimes you will have to re-tee to get out of a depression. Fairways are in great shape for the amount of play they get. The tree areas are cleaned so it’s easy to find wayward shots. Greens were slower than past, but good condition. This course offers lots of challenges. You must be able to shape your shots.

Commented on 06/01/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Sherwood Forest Golf Club.

Fantastic Course with Beautiful Lanscape

I was impressed with the courteous staff and efficient handling of my T-Time. The course fairways and greens are well cared for by personnel. The trees make play very pleasant by adding beauty to the course and also lowering the temperature for 18 holes. I would highly recommend this golf course to anybody!

Commented on 05/26/2021

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Sherwood Forest Golf Club.

Course is great.

The group that I play with every thursday play 5 different courses and this course is the best kept up course there is. We enjoy being there and the staff is great to work with.

Commented on 06/01/2021

Best country course

Every time I leave this course I’m satisfied with the staff, the course, and the pace of play. Would recommend to anybody interested in a beautiful course with lots of shade and plenty of challenges.

Selma, California
Dinuba, California
Kingsburg, California
Friant, California
Madera, California
MONTEREY, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Embassy Suites by Hilton and 3 rounds of golf at Poppy Hills Golf Course, Black Horse Golf Course & Del Monte™ Golf Course.
MONTEREY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at Quail Lodge & Golf Club and 2 rounds of golf at Carmel Valley Ranch and at Quail Lodge Golf Course.
MONTEREY, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa and 3 rounds of golf at The Links at Spanish Bay™, Bayonet Golf Course and Poppy Hills Golf Course.
FROM $1,037 (USD)
MONTEREY, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Lodge at Pebble Beach™ and 4 rounds of golf at Pebble Beach Golf Links™, Spyglass Hill™, Pasatiempo & Bayonet Golf Courses.
HALF MOON BAY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at The Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay and 2 rounds of golf at Half Moon Bay Golf Links.