Sherwood Forest Golf Club

Year Built 1968

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Bar, Snacks, Restaurant, Beverage Carts

Must play

When in the Fresno area you must play this course. The layout will throw you some challenges and shot shape can pay off.
Staff are friendly and make sure you get a hotdogs at the turn.
Ever time I'm in town it a must. They have removed some trees and trimmed up others. If you tangle with the trees expect to have even a more challenging round. Expect good company if your paired up with strangers. Everyone will have a good time.

Commented on 03/14/2022

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Sherwood Forest Golf Club.

Save Your Money

Course really in poor shape give it a couple of months to grow some grass tee boxes & fairways are pathetic & greens need a lot of TLC.

Commented on 02/14/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes.

Your feedback helps us do better. We are looking into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly.

Thank you for visiting Sherwood Forest Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Amazing course

Course is really nice, has long Par 4s very challenging and in good conditions

Commented on 01/31/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Sherwood Forest Golf Club!

Nice golf course

Good for all levels of golfers. Good value. Nicely kept.

Commented on 01/12/2022

Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at Sherwood Forest Golf Club. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 04/25/2022

u1491107, thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Sherwood Forest Golf Club.

Commented on 04/18/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Sherwood Forest Golf Club!

Commented on 03/28/2022

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star!

Amazing course

Amazing scenery long par 4s greens are really nice definitely recommend

Commented on 01/19/2022

Commented on 12/10/2021

Love me it

Nice course, played it while visiting my parents. I’m from the Bay Area. And I’ll definitely be coming back to play when I’m visiting my parents

Commented on 12/10/2021

Reasonable price

Nice layout but the fairways could be better. Needs more watering on fairways. On few occasions, while my ball is on the fairway, I have to move it to a greener spot coz I want to keep my irons in good shape. Nice greens and great customer service. Overall, nice course to play for the price.

Commented on 11/24/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Sherwood Forest Golf Club.

The course has improved

The green are staring to look very good, the fairways are in fair condition; the beginning of the fairway on #11 could still use some work on the rough spots.

Commented on 11/10/2021

Hello, thank you for visiting us at Sherwood Forest Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Mature tree line fairways

This is a course that's been around for a while History goes way back. Course and greens are in good shape with the exception once ago their was no information on the golf now website about the greens having just recently been punched. I understand the need but should have been informed. Otherwise course is in pretty good shape. Staff was helpful but play was slow.....

Commented on 10/26/2021

Hello. Thank you for visiting us at Sherwood Forest Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Nice round after the rain.

We played Sherwood after a brief rain shower. Some puddles and debris on greens, which was to be expected. Overall, the course is in good shape, with mature trees, some holes where the river comes into play, and some interesting holes with narrow fairways. Staff are very friendly and accommodating.

Commented on 10/12/2021

Hi, thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Sherwood Forest Golf Club.

VGA tour

Played in the Vetrans Golf Assoc. tournament. Staff were friendly and helpful, It had been 5 years since I played here. Course was in much better condition than the last time. Tee to green not too bad, though fairways are a little thin for my taste. But greens were in terrible shape. Looked to have some sort of disease on all but the 18th. Even with that they ran fairly true unless you hit a crab grass sprig that was infesting the greens also. All in all not bad for a muni in the Fresno area.

Commented on 10/13/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Sherwood Forest Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 09/27/2021

Course still needs work

Fairways are getting better, tee boxes too. Greens are still a mess….

Commented on 09/21/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your business. Sherwood Forest Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 09/08/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Sherwood Forest Golf Club!

Selma, California
Dinuba, California
Kingsburg, California
Friant, California
Madera, California
MONTEREY, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Embassy Suites by Hilton and 3 rounds of golf at Poppy Hills Golf Course, Black Horse Golf Course & Del Monte™ Golf Course.
MONTEREY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at Quail Lodge & Golf Club and 2 rounds of golf at Carmel Valley Ranch and at Quail Lodge Golf Course.
MONTEREY, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa and 3 rounds of golf at The Links at Spanish Bay™, Bayonet Golf Course and Poppy Hills Golf Course.
PEBBLE BEACH, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Inn at Spanish Bay™ and 3 rounds of golf at The Links at Spanish Bay™, Spyglass Hill Golf Course™, and Pebble Beach Golf Links™.
FROM $1,107 (USD)
MONTEREY, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Casa Palmero at Pebble Beach™ and 3 rounds of golf at The Links at Spanish Bay™, Spyglass Hill Golf Course™, and Pebble Beach Golf Links™.