Longleaf Golf & Family Club

Year Built 1988
Architect Dan Maples (1988) Bill Bergin (2016) Michael Gleason (1988)

Carts Yes - $22

Golf School Academy Yes - "U.S. Kids Golf Academy"

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

Fitness, Tennis, Bowling

Playing Multiple Courses 9

A solid track to play.

I don't have anything bad to say about this course. Friendly staff. Very nice conditions. Greens were smooth and fair to putt. Tips played at 6600yds. That surprised me how short it was. Price fair for the area. It's not a Pinehurst course and it doesn't come with a Pinehurst price tag. I'm in Pinehurst and I wanted a bit more from course though. It could use a face lift. I'd play it again and I would definitely recommend it.

Horse Track Literally, Pine Hurst Triple Crown

Course was in good shape. First time playing here, way over priced, but I guess it ‘s pine hurst. I’m amazed that they have left of what used to be a horse track, guide rails and all still in the middle of the back 9 ??? It’s in play on a couple of holes, integrated into the course??? My partner hit a t shot just off the fairway and was in the middle of the old horse track hard pan?!?!? Getty up!!! This is a eye sore for such a nice course, there is also a par 3 practice area for the junior golfers in the same location. There were several very small kids out there playing / practicing in this area. A long hitter could very easily hit into that area and hurt someone seriously. The have a nice practice facility. I would play it again, but not for there normal rate. . Just giving everyone a heads up. Definitely not a 100.00 golf course in my opinion and I’ve played A LOT of golf courses... It is a what ya see, is what ya get course for the most part and is player friendly for sure.

Just as I remember it.

Used to play here often when I lived here. It’s been 20+ years and still love this course. Everything laid out in front of you. Pretty dry so lots of roll. Like the multiple tee box options. Top of the line golf carts with great GPS. Need to play here more often when I’m in town.

Nice course, good value

First time playing, the front 9 is a bit more interesting than the back. Back 9 is more open, exposed to wind. Greens were great, staff friendly, practice areas were good too.

Surprisingly poor condition

I've been playing Longleaf since it opened in the 90s. Longleaf is a good course and an excellent facility, especially since being purchased by US Kids Golf several years ago. In fact, I've apparently gotten spoiled the last few years because no matter what, I could always count on the course conditions being great. That is why I was so surprised to see the condition yesterday.

The greens were pretty good. Most have recovered from the recent aeration, rolled true and seemed to be starting to speed up. They were the best part of the course from a condition standpoint. Areas surrounding the greens were inconsistent. Some were OK. Some were just dirt or hardpan. The fairways were pretty good although there were some tight/hard spots in places. The roughs were not in good shape. It appeared they are mostly dormant Bermuda without any discernible over-seeded grass in many locations. But the tee boxes.... Oh my.... The tee boxes were absolutely atrocious! Not level, no grass, clumpy, sandy, etc. Just an absolute disaster. The tee boxes alone were enough to make me feel like I had been ripped off, even after paying a somewhat discounted rate.

I just got to the area and I don't know what kind of weather has been happening here. Ordinarily, I would highly recommend Longleaf, but in the current condition it isn't worth much at all. I was hugely disappointed and will hope to see a big improvement in the future.

Very fun day at Longleaf!

Staff was very helpful and friendly. Much appreciated! Bermuda was still dormant but greens were in good shape even after the National Junior Amateur. Very fun watching some great golf and then getting to play.

Longleaf Review

Really enjoyed this course. Practice facilities were terrific. Every hole was unique. Greens were fastest that I’ve played in. Definitely would like to come back here.

First Timer, Great Value, Amazing Practice Facility.

I was pleasantly surprised with how dry the course is. They've got a really cool set-up with 8 sets of tees from like 3000-6700, great for everyone. My buddy and I hadn't played there, but the GPS carts, dryness of the course and layout were a nice touch. Best part is the practice facility--this place is great for everyone, from novice juniors to skilled players. I believe they have 4 practice greens, practice bunker, impressive range, clean facilities. Can't say enough about the practice facility, which is better than the course. Additionally, they have a little 6 hole pitch & putt 50-100 yards each. My playing partners said it was free with a paid round. They had a large donation from US Kids Golf and you can see that USKG branding all over the place, including the carts, pro shop, staff uniforms, etc.

Longleaf review

Great layout. Fast greens. Golf carts seemed new and has plenty of PWP. Friendly staff. Great practice facilities. Would definitely like to play here again

Best back nine in Pinehurst after rain

So perfect...conditions were better than Mid South, Tally, and Mid Pines. Played all in last week....but shockingly actually...my entire group agreed that although we preferred the more esteemed layouts...the conditions are better at LongLeaf...by far!???? Drains well...only complaint was no bar or restaurant service- GREENS FLAWLESS- Local bartender told us L.Leaf was flush with cash because of outstanding kids program that his children participated in...it shows- GREAT CONDITIONS- GREAT TRACK- GREAT PRICE!!! Best back 9 in town

Great day

Will be back and course was in great shape for the amount of rain we received. Greens were in great shap

Very interesting!

This is one of the most interesting layouts I have seen in NC. Two completely different nines and I enjoyed them both. Conditions great for this time of year. Very friendly staff. I will definitely be back!

3.6190571429
3.7204571429
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club and Rivertowne Country Club.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.