Type Public/Resort
Talamore Golf Resort

Year Built 1991
Fairways Champion Bermuda Grass
Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Rees Jones (1991) Greg Muirhead (1991) Shapemasters (2016)

Bunker No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Bar

Commented on 01/06/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, mckinsal! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!

Great Winter Golf Day

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Got us checked in, down to the range, told us the greens were cut and rolled. Course was in amazing shape. We had the place to ourselves. Played in 3.5 hours. Sunny and 55 little bit of wind. Going back soon.

Commented on 01/20/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Jason6546254! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!

Great Value and Conditions!

I cannot wait to go back and play this course again. Amazing resort quality conditions at a fair price. Friendly staff. Pace of play was wonderful until last 6 holes when a group of seniors backed everyone up. No ranger in site but considering time of year and weather conditions I suppose that was to be expected.

Commented on 01/04/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Wgandy1! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!

Love this course

I doubt you will find a better course at a price this good! Even though there has been a lot of rain recently the course was in great shape. Greens roll smooth and true. Layout is great with a lot of variety. Not much water which is nice too! Will definitely be playing again!

Commented on 01/04/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u000008104648! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!

First class place

Really love this course. Excellent value for the money. Great layout. Challenging, but not brutal. Fast true greens. Spacious tee boxes which are important to navigate the angles on the many doglegs. Possibly the finest bunkers I’ve ever played out of. Perfect sand. Not too thick or too thin. Nice spacious clubhouse with fabulous hand made bloody marys at the bar. We drove an hour from Durham but it was WELL worth it.

Commented on 01/04/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, jtharris18! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!

Commented on 01/06/2021

Hello, adistefa. Thank you for visiting us at Talamore Golf Resort. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Fast greens, love it

Great.conditions for winter. Super fast , immaculate greens!

Commented on 12/27/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, timmy40! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!

Commented on 12/16/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u498726395! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!

The course is in great condition even when it was raining the day before. fairways are nice and the greens are better. layout is somewhat challenge and fair. Crews are
super nice. The pace is a bit slow but it is a nice Saturday, so everybody is enjoying the course.

Commented on 12/16/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u000001648294! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!

very nice course

great course and great staff. Need to have one of the many marshals monitor pace of play. Guys in front of us spend way too long looking for lost balls. A 4 hour round turned into 4.5.

Commented on 12/16/2020

Hello, u000006359255. Thank you for visiting us at Talamore Golf Resort. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 12/16/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u8206620! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!

Commented on 12/11/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Jlyalc! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!

Commented on 12/07/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!

Commented on 12/07/2020

Perfect

This course was wonderful. The tee boxes are level, fairway grass is perfect. Greens are fast, hole placement was liked somebody was very upset about working Thanksgiving morning and took it out by putting the holes in the most ridiculous impossible places. Overall this was a great course.

Commented on 11/30/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, bardofsocal423! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!

Great course in great condition

My wife and I played Talamore today and thoroughly enjoyed our round. The course was in great condition and the pace of play was exceptional. We’d highly recommend you consider adding this to your play list, next time you visit Pinehurst.

Commented on 11/20/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Dick5313682! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!

Great course; will come back

My parents live down in Pinehurst. I have visited 12 or more times over the past decade to the area. I play every time...but never played this course. Got a good deal on Masters Saturday. Was a great time, course is very nicely set up. longish but not killer. I will return. Absolutely

Commented on 11/18/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, JayMorpheus! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!

Great course layout with a lot of fun holes. The courses was in great shape but played a little slow. I would definitely go back.

Commented on 11/18/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Patrick3841078! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!

this course is a fair test for your game

great condition, some tricky doglegs and excellent par 3's

Commented on 11/11/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, JohnCGeist! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!

A surprisingly fun and interesting course

My thoughts going into Talamore was that it was going to be a “typical” resort course and really not pose any strategic decisions. I thought it would be more flash (the deep pot bunkers) and not as much substance. I was proven wrong very quickly. I started on the back 9 and let me tell you, that is a fun and excellent 9 holes of golf. Every tee shot gives you options, and the greens are intriguing in their slopes and angles. The bunkers are placed in perfect spots for the holes and really come into the decision making.
Since we played the front 9 second, I was already sold on the golf course when we played what I considered to be the weakest stretch of the course. Holes 1, 3, and to an extent 4 give you a very soft opening and not a whole lot of decision making. If I had started on this nine, I would have held to my “typical” resort feel for a bit longer. But that gradually starts to change, and by the 6th hole, the golf course really picks up again I think. 7-9 are a great closing stretch of solid par 4s, each with its own challenge and visual appeal.
The conditions of the course are excellent with very little else to be desired. Being nit picky, maybe a couple tee boxes weren’t cut low enough, and the occasional crab grass patch was found (these didn’t affect play at all and very few in number). Besides that, the fairways were perfect lies every time, the rough was fair, the greens true, and the bunkers perfect.
I really enjoyed my round at Talamore and had a lot of fun. I would have no hesitation playing it again. I suggest you play Talamore if you’re considering it. You will not be disappointed.

Commented on 10/28/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, naisenrab! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!