Looking back from a green at Sterling Hills Golf Club.

Sterling Hills Golf Club

Year Built 1999
Architect Damian Pascuzzo (1999) Robert Muir Graves (1999)

Carts Yes - $15

Dress code Appropriate golf attire is required. Blue jeans, cutoff pants, athletic shorts, swim suits and jogging clothes are not considered proper attire

Course is great shape

I love the capital improvements. Outside sitting area is expanded and will enjoy sitting out there in the future too.

Commented on 09/22/2021

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Sterling Hills Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Rolling hills with great views

My foursome all enjoyed the course. Nice practice green and driving range. Did not see a practice chipping area is only negative.

Commented on 09/20/2021

coming back

management is working hard to make the course nicer, but overall a very nice course, greens are great.

Commented on 09/16/2021

Hi, John. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Sterling Hills Golf Club!

Bad experience

Checked in so we thought. Driving range was closed for repairs. Get to the first tee and the starter tells us we need to check in. Asked him how do you think we got a key for the cart? Played as a threesome but as most public courses go, we were stuck behind a foursome that had no clue about golf etiquette. No one in front of them for many holes and would not allow us to play through. Called the pro shop about having a Marshall come but no Marshall’s at this course. No cart person. We stopped at the turn to purchase food and drinks but had to search for someone to take our order. Course conditions were not any better than the service. Fairways were a mix of every type of grass known to man with little rough or bare ground. Traps were basically mud pits. Tee areas were ok although some were not level. Greens had numerous divots. Not worth the money. Poor service and conditions.

Commented on 09/16/2021

Hi, Darryl . We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are sorry to hear your customer service experience was not up to par. Please reach out to our management team at (805) 604-1234, and thanks for visiting Sterling Hills Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Golf carts

Everything was fine except golf cart. 1) the brake would not work properly 2) front window bracket was missing a bolt - on both carts

Hi,

Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We work hard to create an enjoyable experience so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course.

We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game.

Thank you for visiting and playing at Sterling Hills Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 09/13/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating,! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Sterling Hills Golf Club!

Slow Play

Last week 3.5 hours for our foursome to play. Today 5 hours. They need a marshal to advise slow players to pick up the pace. Ready golf a must when it's hot and you are behind.

Commented on 09/09/2021

Hello. Thank you for visiting us at Sterling Hills Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 09/09/2021

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Sterling Hills Golf Club.

Love the layout. Nothing specific, just like how it plays.

I really like this. The drawbacks are summer can be on the warm side, north of 85. And the pace can be slow. However it is probably the players doing.

Commented on 09/07/2021

Hello. Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at Sterling Hills Golf Club. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 09/09/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Sterling Hills Golf Club!

Commented on 09/03/2021

Hello, we appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Sterling Hills Golf Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Commented on 09/03/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Sterling Hills Golf Club!

Always Fun

The course is in great shape, considering the drought we are in. I give the fairways a 7, the bunkers a 9, and the greens an 8. The staff is great, always friendly.

Commented on 09/08/2021

Commented on 09/08/2021

Hello. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Sterling Hills Golf Club.

Commented on 09/07/2021

Commented on 08/31/2021

Commented on 08/30/2021

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 1-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit.

We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind.

Single player review

First time here thanks to a great Hot Deal promo for an early morning time. Arrived early to check in and let them know I’m available to go out earlier if they need it. Was told to go to the first tee 5 mins before tee time. Had time to go out on the range and hit a few. They had complimentary range balls(small bucket) outside and it was based on honor system of 1 small bucket per player, so I thought that was very nice.

Went to first tee as instructed and no one was there nor on the course. Waited 5 mins past my tee time and still no one so I decided to tee off on my own. The course was in good condition. Tee boxes were good. Greens were good with exceptions of divots(same comment like most, FIX YOUR DIVOTS and fix another one as courtesy). I had a little issue with the fairways, super wet and over water on a lot of spots that were not hounds under repair but I guess they were anticipating the heat for the afternoon(98 degrees). A couple of mud ball situations and no bounce or roll on good fairway shots. They roped off some of the fairways for repair so I had to lift and drop to play a couple of my second shot in the rough.

Don’t know if it was just me but starting the 10-11 hole, had a strong parsley smell on the entire hole; no water around. The water holes with were not as pretty because the water was stale and looked dark green/blue.

Made the turn and notice a Marshall checking people in; did not see him earlier. Caught up to the group ahead of me by the 11th par 3. They were a 2 some and wanted to play on their own. Asked them what time they started and was told the tee time before mine so I had to do some waiting till the 15th par 3 where they let me play through

Local course knowledge would have been helpful. Was not aware of running OB stream running down fairway in front of the 9th hole. The back pin location was super tough on the up hill 12th hole since I had to drive up to see where the pin was. Same with the 18th dog leg left after your second shot. Pin locations in the back were hard to reach and some greens were tiered so that would have help if known for my club selection.

Overall I had a good time and will definitely recommend!

Commented on 08/30/2021

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 5 stars and we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Sterling Hills Golf Club.

Commented on 08/25/2021

Somis, California
Oxnard, California
3.2087117647
Santa Paula, California
Port Hueneme, California
Ventura, California
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Resort at Pelican Hill Newport Beach and 2 rounds of golf at Pelican Hill Golf Club - Ocean North & Ocean South Courses.
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Monarch Beach Resort and play 2 rounds of golf at Monarch Beach Golf Links.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Courtyard San Diego Oceanside and 2 rounds of golf at The Grand Golf Club & Omni LaCosta Resort & Spa.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Golf Club & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Aviara Golf Club.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Mission Hills and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, MIssion Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.