Looking back from a green at Sterling Hills Golf Club.

Sterling Hills Golf Club

Year Built 1999
Architect Damian Pascuzzo (1999) Robert Muir Graves (1999)

Dress code Appropriate golf attire is required. Blue jeans, cutoff pants, athletic shorts, swim suits and jogging clothes are not considered proper attire. Shirts with collars preferred. Golfers cannot play barefoot. Spikeless or rubber-soled shoes only.

Commented on 01/29/2024

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u2649617. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Sterling Hills Golf Club!

The place needs some work.

I like this course but I really think it needs to improve the playing conditions. Way too many craggy spots. The conditions of the bunkers are terrible. Hardly any sand at the bottom of the traps. Felt like I was hitting off of a dirt road. It won't take much to get the course back to where it should be, it's just not nearly there right now. This course has so much potential if the ownership and management are committed to a higher standard.

Always a great course!

Varied and interesting hole layout. Feels like a private course. Friendly, helpful staff. Pace of play sometimes too slow.

Commented on 01/22/2024

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, ted4golf. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Sterling Hills Golf Club!

Commented on 01/19/2024

Hello, tomradke24. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Sterling Hills Golf Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Always a fun venue!

Cool, crisp, clear, light breeze, morning frost had melted, crystal clear sunshine with views of Channel Islands, varied and interesting course layout, friendly and helpful staff. Always a fun venue!

Commented on 01/11/2024

Commented on 01/11/2024

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, golfindainn. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Sterling Hills Golf Club!

Commented on 01/19/2024

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, Bigdrop. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Sterling Hills Golf Club!

Commented on 01/05/2024

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u314161485592. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Sterling Hills Golf Club!

Course is very good, POP was not.

Greens are superb. Smooth and fairly quick but not silly quick, just lovely to putt on, nice enough to be able to roll them true and make putts.
The course itself was a bit on the thick side today, fairways were a bit long, but that’s understandable after the downpours, it needed to dry out some more before cutting, but they were mostly all dried out quite nicely already, very well surprised at the way in which is had drained so well!
Given that it’s a Friday afternoon, and there was a decent steady 2 club wind most of the day, the Pace of Play was just over 5 and a quarter hours teeing off just after noon, but we’ll call that a fair time for the difficulty of the course and the overall windy conditions. But we did have 3 groups on every hole and we did a lot of standing around all day, which was very frustrating. I’m used to playing quickly.
Sterling Hills is back. Grass everywhere. Tee boxes perfect. I love the greens. Next month the place will be top notch. I hope they can keep the maintenance going.
Not too sure about the Pro Shop guy checking us in, he was gruff and none too pleased to talk to anybody, didn’t even look up from the computer and was not happy! We were a bit creeped out.
Hey for the price they give you a small bucket of range balls and a free non-alcoholic drinks ticket. Can’t say no to this place.

If you consider rolling your push cart in dog poop fun..?

Yes, was following a terrible group where the guy brings his dog on a course . On the third hole, I start smelling something that I know wasn’t me and see this giant amount of red dog poop all over my cartwheels and some in the shoes. I don’t mind if dogs come on the course, but this guy had no clue either about his dog or how to play golf. The pace play so slow because of boys good old boys. And their F1 50s in the parking lot drinking way too much and dudes trying to teach their girlfriend on the course for the first time on a busy Sunday when the rest of us are just trying to finish .Before sunset! What a poop show! Both figuratively and literally ! Will never go back on a weekend and the staff doesn’t care in the least once they have your money!! Oh well I guess that’s in Southern Cal now!! Left after 12 holes and saw At least some group was two holes behind on a busy Sunday

Commented on 01/04/2024

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We apologize for the negative experience you had with the slow pace of play, dogs on the course, and inexperienced golfers. We appreciate your feedback and will take it into consideration to improve our service.

Commented on 01/05/2024

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, jfamer. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Sterling Hills Golf Club!

Birthday Golf

Staff was friendly and courteous, course was in very shape and good pace of play. Will be back.

Commented on 12/21/2023

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, jrpallotto. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Sterling Hills Golf Club!

Slow AF

I thought I would return there to see if it is still the slowest pace around, and it was. Horrible waiting,I left after 12 hole. Waste of time

Commented on 12/11/2023

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, brandons. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Sterling Hills Golf Club!

Great course. Will be back soon

I use to belong to Spanish Hills Country Club, but
had knee replacement and decided it would be best to withdraw my membership.

Now having golf the local golf courses, and recently playing at Sterling Hills,I don’t miss Spanish Hills!!

Commented on 12/07/2023

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, u416553024. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Sterling Hills Golf Club!

Commented on 11/27/2023

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, 23GolfAge90. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Sterling Hills Golf Club!

Super Windy, Super Fun

We were able to get out on an early Tee time on a very windy day. The course was super fun despite the wind, and since it was early, the pace was outstanding.
Everyone we interacted with was very friendly and helpful. Looking forward to getting back out there this winter.

Commented on 11/30/2023

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, u314163157745. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Sterling Hills Golf Club!

Commented on 11/22/2023

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u314164362098. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Sterling Hills Golf Club!

Somis, California
Oxnard, California
Santa Paula, California
Port Hueneme, California

The Resort at Pelican Hill Stay & Play Golf Package

ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Resort at Pelican Hill and 2 rounds of golf at Pelican Hill Golf Club - Ocean North & Ocean South Courses.

Monarch Beach Resort Stay & Play Package

ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at the Waldorf-Astoria Monarch Beach and 2 rounds of golf at Monarch Beach Golf Links.

San Diego Golf Around Package

SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the OMNI La Costa Resort & Spa and 3 rounds of golf at the OMNI La Costa Golf Club - Legends Course, Aviara Golf Club & The Grand Golf Club.

Aviara Stay & Play Package

SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Golf Club & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Aviara Golf Club.

Best of San Diego Package

SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 4 nights’ accommodations at the Fairmont Grand Del Mar and 3 rounds of golf at The Grand Golf Club, Maderas Golf Club, and Aviara Golf Club.