A view from Wolf Run Golf Club

Wolf Run Golf Club is one of south Reno's most popular courses. The course is situated amid the Sierra Foothills, tumbling across a picturesque desert landscape sprinkled with native flora. The layout has many risk-reward opportunities and the par-3 holes are especially fun. The hilly terrain is as scenic as it is challenging, providing some tricky uneven lies and there is a meandering creek that slithers along the fairways. Though it's wide open, the golf course requires a bit of accuracy and some good course management. The elevated tees offer some spectacular views as well as some intimidating approaches to the fast, undulating greens. In addition to the golf course, Wolf Run also has a practice facility with a driving range and putting and chipping greens. You can also get your clubs repaired on site.

Wolf Run Golf Club - NV

Year Built 1998
Architect John Fleming (1998)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Wolf Run Golf Academy"

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Nevada (2018 #19)

19th Hole Specials 6
Near the Airport 20

Beautiful views

The course has beautiful views, and a really nice layout. We did take four hours and 40 minutes to play a round of golf, which to me is ridiculous and I wish people would play faster but there was no Marshall..

Nice course, Challenging holes

The course was in good condition for playing in winter conditions. Had some snow and ice but was in very good condition. The tee boxes were not in food shape and they were crowned, so trying to find a flat spot to tee the ball up was challenging. And due to the cold trying to insert the tee into the ground was tough, so getting the right tee height was difficult at time. I would definitely play the course again in warmer weather.

I played this course a week ago and rated it good value for the money. When I played it this week I paid more and they had a temporary green on hole 9. This was not disclosed when I booked the tee time or when I checked in on the day of play. For the price I paid and the condition of the course I would not recommend to play this course.

Operational incompetence

They claim that they notified everybody playing golf that day that they sent an email out about the frost delay. I talked to several golfers and none of them received an email about the frost delay. Furthermore, when we arrived and checked in at the pro shop, no one mentioned a frost delay. It wasn’t until we got out on the driving range that we discovered that there was a huge back up. The wait was over an hour and a half so they said we could go off on the back nine. When we came off of 18 and tried to turn onto one they wouldn’t let us off, because there was still a significant back up. It was apparent they were trying to hide the frost delay in order to trap people into paying for a long wait and a slow paced round. Supposedly if I left my name, phone number and email address, the general manager would contact me, but that was just another lie to get me to stop complaining and go away

Wolf Run course

I have played this course many times, has been good overall most of those times. I booked a Friday tee time at 11:36, we hit of the first tee at 12:15. I did not notice that this particular Friday was a holiday, Nevada Day. Will never make this mistake again. There was every kind of "holiday" player out there, most I would not refer to as "golfers". It was painful ! We got through 12 holes in just under 4 hours. We drove back to the car at that point and headed home. I find it rare to have a bad golf day, but this was one of them, Waiting 10 to 15 minutes on each tee box is not worth the outing.

Interesting Course with nice views

Good value for under $40 with cart but not recommended in late fall since course was extremely wet and soggy. Tight fairways and easy to lose ball just off of fairway. Very fast greens and lots slopes and undulations - helps to play with someone with course knowledge if first time.

Beautiful Corse

Great setting and well maintained. A little soggy in spots and the tee boxes on some holes needed a little TLC. The starter was very informative of the greens and how balls will run from the mountain and towards the valley. It took me a few putts to get the read. I will play again.

TOO much water on fairways

Carts had trouble navigating the muddy fairways. Some spots we had to stay on the cart paths to avoid being stuck in the mud. Greens were in good shape.

Bring Lots of Balls

Greens were in excellent shape. Fairways were mostly good except for some drainage problems. There are a lot of different types of holes and the property is pretty with some elevation changes. There are a lot of places to lose balls with several creeks, forced carries, and sagebrush. I set a new personal record by losing 8 balls during the round. About half of those were my fault, but half were from the course setup, with forced carries and hidden hazards and thick brush that penalized a miss with a lost ball. I think I might do better next time, with a better idea of where to miss. I might also play the hybrid tees to give me some more manageable approach shot yardages.

Bring Plenty of Balls!

The greens were in excellent shape as were most of the fairways except for some drainage problems in places. A few holes were cart path only, which is always a pain. There was a lot of variety to the holes and a lot of elevation changes, some great views. However, there are LOTS of places to lose balls and lots of forced carries. I was having an off day with my swing, but I lost 8 balls, which may be a new personal record. Several holes have a creek or ravine right in front of the green, so if you hit short, there’s another ball lost. Because of the sagebrush, if you hit it way off-line, don’t even bother looking: it might as well be at the bottom of a pond. Maybe if I played it a few more times I would learn where to miss it and where not to, but as a first-time player I got blindsided a few times. Nice driving range (although mats only) and nice practice green.

Fire the super

Soggy everywhere. WAY WAY to much water! One drive plugged three inches below the fairway surface. Miracle we found it. SMH

5 1/2 hour round way to long

Perfect weather and course was in good condition but taking 5 1/2 hours to play is way too long. Even starting at 11:30 am that shouldn't happen.

Pleasant surprise

I found the course to be interesting and fun to play. The greens were undulating large and fast not a good combination for me. However I will play the course again and We The staff was really nice, especially the starters. only negative , gas powered Carts, noisy, smoky. Please get electric. Thanks

Washoe Valley, Nevada
4.4920882353
Sparks, Nevada
RENO, NV | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at Whitney Peak Hotel and 3 rounds of golf at Old Greenwood, Somerset Country Club & Grizzly Ranch.
SPARKS, NV | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Villas at Red Hawk Resort and 2 rounds of golf at Red Hawk Golf Club – Hills & Lakes Courses.
TRUCKEE, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Ritz-Carlton Lake Tahoe and 2 rounds of golf at Old Greenwood & Gray’s Crossing.
TRUCKEE, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Cedar House Lodge and 3 rounds of golf at Old Greenwood, Gray’s Crossing & Coyote Moon.
NAPA, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Silverado Resort and Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Silverado Resort and Spa North & South Courses.