Brickshire Golf Club

Year Built 2001

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed
Dress code Proper golf attire required.

Clubhouse, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Fitness

Really good track

The fairways are a little thin, I'm sure they'll come in as it warms up. Slower groups were very good about letting faster groups play thru. Greens a super, best I've played this year!

Course to ourselves!

Course in good shape. Greens true & firm. Course to ourselves on Mother’s Day!!

Greens in excellent shape, rolling pretty fast. Make sure you play the proper tees for your skill level or the par 4’s can seem really LONG

Unknown

Course was in good shape and I did enjoy my time out there. My only complaint was pace of play. There wasn’t a group in front or behind us at the tee box. We (4 some) caught a 4 some on the 3rd hole and from there on out for the rest of the front nine had to wait a little (nothing too bad-they we’re playing the tips and maybe shouldn’t have been). My real issue occurred at the start of the back nine when a 2 some appeared in between us and the foursome. They should have gone to the range and hit balls. They were giving each other lessons out on the course and hitting multiple balls. We played the first 3 holes in an hour and called the pro shop. ( not trying to play 9 holes in 3 hrs) A gentleman came out and talked to us and said that someone else had left bc of pace of play. After someone came out and told them to pick it up we were able to complete our round in 4.5 hrs. I just feel that if someone comes into the pro shop and leaves bc of pace of play maybe go check on the course and see what the hold up is without me having to call.

Slow back

We played front at good speed then hit wall on back.
4 groups on each par 5......someone needs to occasionally check on slow play.

Jones’s Anniversary Round

It was a beautiful evening of golf for me and my wife, a little windy but the course was in great shape. Got a great deal on golf now and can’t wait to play Brickshire again!!

nice layout

overall, the course is in pretty good shape for April. It rained the day before but the course was drier than I expected. The greens looked like they were punched about 2 weeks ago and still had a lot of sand on them but were kind of quick.

Good condition

For this time of year, I'd say its in well above average conditions. The greens are still a little bit sandy, but roll pretty well and are fairly quick. I'd guess the greens will be perfect in a another week.

Compared to other courses I;ve played in the past few weeks - they are in better condition than most.

Bring your "A" Game!

The course was in good shape considering the wet Spring. It is not a course to walk mainly because the distance from one green to the next tee. The Bermuda fairways were thin but growing in nicely and within a few weeks should be thick. The bunkers were playable with lots of sand but due to covid, no rakes were available. So we just would place the ball on a smooth patch. The course is fun and visually appealing. There's 6 sets of tees to choose from but choosing the right tees is kind of tricky. My son, the big hitter chose the Burgundy tees and that seemed to suit him well. He generally hits a tee ball 275+/- yards. I started off on the blue tees but after 2 holes moved up to the whites. But here's where I see the dilemma: The big hitters have enough power to carry most of the junk. But the average Joe, myself included, are forced to lay up, again, and again. Being unfamiliar with the layout, and never quite knowing where and how far to hit the ball added to the challenges. And, you will rarely ever have a level lie. And if that's not enough, the greens tilt from the left to the right, or the back to front, or vice versa, to add another dimension to the hole. The course is fundamentally sound and a good test of all your skills. It is picturesque, and the homes around it detract little from the natural setting. It plays longer than the score card. I was constantly coming up short on approach. My son had played the course in a tourney about 10 years prior, and before we started he said, "be prepared to shoot about 7-10 shots higher than usual". Unfortunately, he could not recall much else about the course! He usually shoots mid 70's, but on this course yesterday, he carded 82. I'm usually low 80's-I shot 95. I would guess it would take at least a few rounds here just to figure out where to hit your tee shot. The course is relentless. It challenges you on just about very shot. Whether it's an uneven lie, a forced carry, a deep bunker, or an elevated tilting green. Look at the yardage on the scorecard, and add 400-500 yards and play the correct tees for your skill level. Nothing is better than local knowledge, but a brief narrative for each hole would help the average joe at least have a chance on the abundance of blind shots.

The weather couldn’t have been any better, the course was in great shape! The starter George was fantastic and explained the course layout and described some of the holes. All and it was an outstanding day of golf with my brother!!

Little to no grass on fairways

It is still late Winter/ early Spring so the fairways, this is just a seasonal change but it was tough hitting iron shots off the fairway. The greens were fast and true. It was a cart path only day due to recent rains so there was plenty of walking on the hilly terrain. That was a distraction for this disabled senior but I understand why these restrictions were in place.
Overall this is a great course that provides a challenge for even the good players. Deep sand bunkers are abundant on this course. I’ll be back!

Happy camper

To score well you would need to golf here several times. The undulations are extremely tricky and knowing where to place your t shot is key. Some blind shots I would recommend a yell or optic colored ball which will help you uickly locate you ball in the woods. LOL The greens were in excellent condition and quite quick. The course is enjoyable but the warm up/practice are is almost all dirt.

Windy and cool round

One of the few courses around where it was not cart path only with the exception of two holes. Fairways and greens in good condition. Looking forward to playing here again when the weather will be more cooperative.

Gem of a course

After a one-hour frost delay, we teed off and had a great round. Grass was dormant, but I bet it would look even better when in full bloom. Greens were pristine. Lots of tee boxes. Only minor complaint was the shape of the bunkers, but during COVID, you can understand that (no takes). I was very pleasantly surprised and will DEFINITELY be back.

Providence Forge, Virginia