2.4
2.3

Style Traditional

The sun shines 350 days a year in Phoenix and you can enjoy this factor at Ahwatukee Country Club. "Ahwatukee" is Crow Indian for "house of dreams", but this could easily be the "golf course of dreams".

The semi-private Ahwatukee Country Club offers an 18-hole golf course designed by John Bulla in 1974 that is open year-round and includes a driving range, as well as a cart included in the greens fee. The golf course is par-72 and measures 6,713 yards from the championship tees.

The Ahwatukee Country Club golf course features a fairly wide-open layout, but has out-of-bounds areas on either side of the fairways - including some with houses, so watch out for those windows - as well as water hazards on some holes. The putting greens play fast.

After a tight front nine on the Ahwatukee Country Club golf course, things open up on a razor-sharp par-4 dogleg 10th hole, with no chance to cut corners: there's a towering forest to the left.

Ahwatukee Country Club

Year Built 1974
Greens Bermuda 328
Architect John Bulla

Golf School Academy Yes - "Ahwatukee Golf Academy"

Dress code Shirts with collar, tailored mid-length shorts, denim or jean material of any type is not permitted.

Near the Airport 26

TERRIBLE

I would not play this again. It was the worst course I have every played in Phoenix. Terrible shape--greens, fairways, tee boxes all bad,
Not worth $80
Actually I would like to get some of our (2 players) a refund. This course was awful for a Phoenix location.

Sparse grass

Fairways and greens were not in very good shape for a $90 a round course. Sand in bunkers was not consistent. Starter told us he'd call us from the range when we were next. Never heard any groups in front of being called. Thank goodness we meir an eye on the time. He was also kinda rude when we first got there.

Needs a lot of work but at least was inexpensive

We played on twilight rate and was maybe worth that, course needs a lot of work greens were terrible! Get off fairway and all dirt, cart paths we’re as bad as I’ve ever seen.
Definitely won’t be hurrying back!

Country Club turned Public

This course needs work. Cheap round compared to other Mesa courses. You get what you pay for.

About as expected

This could be a real nice course if maintained a little better. Greens were slow to inconsistent. Fairways and tees were OK but rough was almost nonexistent almost all bare dirt. People were friendly. Play was very slow and started late for no particular reason.

Better than last year

I'd you hit the ball straight you can find a good lie.if not good Luck off dirt.

Not the best condition

It was not a bad course. The layout was good and I enjoyed the company. I played because it was a "hot deal" and I had never played this course. The staff was friendly. It is winter so I can say the course was okay for the year. Unfortunately, the fairways were hard. We had little grass between the ball and ground. The greens were a little bumpy and the bunkers were inconsistent.

Commented on 01/27/2023

Hello mnavalta50, thank you for taking the time to review us. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round. We appreciate your feedback as we work to make any necessary improvements. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon at Ahwatukee Country Club.

Commented on 01/26/2023

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u6670296. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Ahwatukee Country Club!

Vacation golg

This was the first time I golfed at Ahwatukee. The course paired me with some very nice people. We had a great time visiting due to the slower pace of play. I would play at this course again.

Commented on 01/26/2023

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Ahwatukee Country Club!

I'm not sure

We had a frost delay, which happens this time of year. It caused some slow play, but opened up some on back 9. It’s a deal for this time of year when a lot of raggedy courses are charging over $100 per round. The fairways were ok but anything off the fairway can be a bad deal. The greens were chewed up and patched with sand and spray paint.

Commented on 01/27/2023

Hi, RDJohnsonSr1! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Good layout, way too crowded!

This course was a good location for me and my brother on our golf trip. We arrived 45 minutes early, had to scramble for the last parking spot in the lot, and then waited about a hour and a half to get a cart and tee off. I think this course has great potential but it seems like they schedule tee times only 8 minutes apart and that is just not realistic.

Commented on 01/27/2023

Hello, SMT0630. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing Ahwatukee Country Club.

Arizona in January

A course with fairways in good condition. Greens are interesting. The balls keep their line and the speed is good.
The price is high for the course condition but it seems the standard to have higher price at Phoenix in all average condition courses with normal 70 - 71 - 72 are over 60 dollars.

Commented on 01/27/2023

Thank you for reviewing us, u000006778982. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Ahwatukee Country Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 01/27/2023

Hello, u000004008262. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Ahwatukee Country Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

1915
Chandler, Arizona
Mesa, Arizona
Tempe, Arizona
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at a Private Home or Condo rental and 3 rounds of golf at Eagle Mountain, Sunridge Canyon, and We-Ko-Pa (Cholla or Saguaro Course).
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Gila River Hotels & Casinos - Wild Horse Pass and 3 rounds of golf at Whirlwind Golf Club - Cattail and Devil's Claw courses, and Ak-Chin Southern Dunes Golf Club.
MESA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Home2 Suites by Hilton - Mesa Longbow and 3 rounds of golf at Las Sendas Golf Club, Longbow Golf Club & Ocotillo Golf Club.
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Scottsdale Marriott Old Town and 3 rounds of golf at The Phoenician Golf Club, Westin Kierland Golf Club & Papago Golf Course.
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Camelback Golf Club – Ambiente & Padre courses.