A view of the 9th green from the Oak Marsh course at Omni Amelia Island Plantation

Oak Marsh is a Pete Dye-designed golf course that is one of three 18-hole courses at Omni Amelia Island Resort. The Oak Marsh course meanders alongside the Atlantic Ocean, providing sweeping views and an ever-changing sea breeze.

Appropriately named after its terrain of scenic salt marshes and moss-draped heritage oaks, the golf course has a stunning landscape that is ideal for a challenging round. Dye protected the natural beauty of the island by carefully maintaining the tidal marshes, oceanfront dunes, grassland, and savannahs. The layout features tight fairways and small, bulk-headed greens, a classic Dye element. There are a variety of bunkers strategically placed throughout and water comes into play on fourteen holes.

Omni Amelia Island Resort – Oak Marsh

Year Built 1972
Architect Pete Dye (1972) MacCurrach Golf

Dress code Proper dress is required for all golf activities. Bathing suits, cut-offs, blue jeans, tank tops,

Tennis

Playing Multiple Courses 24

Love the Oak Marsh!

Kudos to the course crew, pro shop staff and hospitality! What a great course!!!

Commented on 07/01/2022

Hi, u794630143. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh.

Beautiful course, had a good time. Will Plat it again!

Commented on 07/01/2022

Hi, shamm27. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh.

Oak Marsh - great layout and conditions

My son and I have played Oak Marsh multiple times and always enjoy the layout and the views. The greens are in great shape, but are normally 'hairy' as it is a resort course and aren't as speedy as the club where we usually play but they are still fun and the overall condition, layout and views are worth a trip.

We played last Sunday in 3 1/2 hours which seems quick, but it felt like 5 hours as we waited on every shot and the rangers didn't really help things along.

Overall, we will definitely be back and always enjoy playing there.

Commented on 07/01/2022

Your feedback is important to us, thralp66. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh.

Commented on 06/28/2022

Hi, u171560483. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh.

Commented on 06/13/2022

Hi, u8694698. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single-star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thanks for choosing Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh.

Commented on 06/02/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u000005033718! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh!

Beautiful but pricey

Played Oak Marsh for a wedding party and really enjoyed ourselves. The layout/design is challenging but fair. The price was higher than normal but factoring a resort course during a holiday weekend it was fine. I would definitely play here again.

Commented on 06/02/2022

Hello, Will122102. Thank you for visiting us at Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 06/01/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314161680646! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh!

Commented on 05/18/2022

Hi, henrycanes. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh.

Good course, punched greens

They really shouldn’t be charging full price the week after aerating and sanding the greens. Never seen greens this sandy, was like putting out of a bunker. We ended up cancelling all our wagers because the scores didn’t feel legitimate with the greens being unplayable. Nice course and totally understand having to service the greens to keep them pristine, but to charge full without telling us before of the conditions feels Unfair to the player.

Commented on 05/18/2022

Hello pseyf, thank you for taking the time to review us, and for the 3 stars. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round. We appreciate your feedback as we work to make any necessary improvements. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we hope to see you again soon at Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh.

Excellence in Amelia Island

Excellent and friendly staff. Wonderful course. Challenging, serene, relaxing.

Commented on 05/02/2022

Hi, u314161564815. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh.

Very Enjoyable Round

I greatly enjoyed my round at Oak Marsh. Played as a single and had no issues with the pace of play as the starter (Jerry) moved me up in advance of a couple of foursomes and a few other groups on the course easily allowed me to play through. Course is well maintained. Green speed was fine. Select the right tees for your game and you will have a great time.

Commented on 05/03/2022

Hi, estremlow. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh.

Oak Marsh Golf Club.

I just played one round today, but I will definitely play golf here again.

Commented on 04/22/2022

Hi, robertomata. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh.

Horrible Experience

I’m a pass holder at Oak Marsh and have been playing the course for 4 years. I played there recently and had a serious issue with one of your guys mowing. Our tee time was 1:40 and we were on the second hole. I‘ve never experienced anything like it in my 20+ years of playing golf and neither had My buddy who is a member there and was playing with me along with two hotel guests when it happened. Your mower decided it was important for him to mow right where we were hitting while we were hitting which in and of itself is ridiculous but nothing more than rude and obnoxious in general. When I asked for him to give me a minute to grab a club so we could move the cart for him, he drove around us and began screaming, cursing and threatening me. I hit my ball and then saw he was driving back toward us so I asked him what his problem was, which is when he proceeded to keep screaming and cursing at me. It was threatening and intimidating and completely unacceptable in every single way. The only thing I said back to him was “ok tough guy” and went on playing the hole. He then decided to make one more pass and scream some more. I’m not sure what was going on with him but he has no business being on your golf course around respectful paying golf guests. I’m told you run the golf course and are the person to speak with. Your ranger Gary came and spoke with me on hole four after I called the pro shop to explain what happened to which he was apologetic and said he was going to speak with management. He came back on hole 8 and gave me a few drink coupons and said those were just to calm my nerves for now. No one has ever contacted me to speak about it as I was promised and no one followed up to the email I sent. It’s a shame but they obviously just don’t care. I’ll choose to spend my money elsewhere.

Never Again

The course was in very poor shape. The fairways were splotchy and in consistent, the greens were extremely slow and not well groomed, and the sand traps didn’t have sand.

Commented on 04/21/2022

Hi, u314162533952! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Lovely, fair and challenging!

So much fun

Commented on 04/18/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, mattpeyton! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh!

Commented on 04/18/2022

Hi, u314161468130. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh!

Pete Dye Disappointment

Played Oak Marsh 3 Days after they had 6 inches of rain. For the $100+ price tag, the fairways were still full of debris, the sand traps appear to have never to be raked and the cart paths and waste areas appear to have no had no maintenance for years. The Pete Dye influence is no longer recognizable as they have left the trees and the bushes to become overgrown. The only saving grace was the pro shop reception was quite friendly. Recommend spending your money elsewhere

Commented on 04/14/2022

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve and are working diligently to improve the course. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

Oak Marsh

Had a great time, staff was friendly and although it was my first time on the property, I definitely felt welcome. Joined a group and had a lot of fun. Course had taken on a good amount of rain the day before and it showed. Lots of casual water and the greens were on the slow side. Bunkers were in excellent condition considering the prior day. Rented clubs all could stand to be regripped except the 56-degree wedge and putter. Found it odd that the driver on a regular flex shaft was set at 9 degrees. This is a nice facility, with a decent driving range, putting green and carts with GPS. The overall maintenance is a little lacking. I would go back and play it again.

Commented on 03/28/2022

Hello, RG835DBF268923B2A531. Thank you for visiting us at Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great course!

Course is a challenging but fair course. Was in great condition and the staff was friendly and helpful. The pace of play was perfect and players were spaced out so you never felt rushed. Will definitely play there again when I’m back in Florida.

Commented on 03/24/2022

Thank you for your review, u242641076. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Amelia Island, Florida
Amelia Island, Florida
3.2205882353
Ferandina Beach, Florida
Mayport, Florida
Jacksonville, Florida
Jacksonville, Florida
AMELIA ISLAND, FL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the OMNI Amelia Island Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Amelia River Golf Club, Fernandina Beach Golf Club, and Oak Marsh Course at OMNI Amelia Island.
JACKSONVILLE, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at your choice of select hotels and 2 rounds of golf at Bent Creek Golf Club and Hidden Hills Golf Club.
JACKSONVILLE, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at TPC Sawgrass - PLAYERS Stadium & Dye's Valley Courses.
CLAY COUNTY, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Courtyard Orange Park and 2 rounds of golf at Eagle Landing Golf Club.
ST. AUGUSTINE, FL | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The World Golf Village Renaissance Resort, 2 rounds of golf at World Golf Village’s King & Bear and Slammer & Squire courses, and a 90-minute tune-up at the PGA TOUR Golf Academy.