A view of the 9th green from the Oak Marsh course at Omni Amelia Island Plantation

Oak Marsh is a Pete Dye-designed golf course that is one of three 18-hole courses at Omni Amelia Island Resort. The Oak Marsh course meanders alongside the Atlantic Ocean, providing sweeping views and an ever-changing sea breeze.

Appropriately named after its terrain of scenic salt marshes and moss-draped heritage oaks, the golf course has a stunning landscape that is ideal for a challenging round. Dye protected the natural beauty of the island by carefully maintaining the tidal marshes, oceanfront dunes, grassland, and savannahs. The layout features tight fairways and small, bulk-headed greens, a classic Dye element. There are a variety of bunkers strategically placed throughout and water comes into play on fourteen holes.

Omni Amelia Island Resort – Oak Marsh

Year Built 1972
Architect Pete Dye (1972) MacCurrach Golf

Dress code Proper dress is required for all golf activities. Bathing suits, cut-offs, blue jeans, tank tops,

Tennis

Playing Multiple Courses 24

Omni Oak Marsh

Nice layout and friendly staff. The course could use a little TLC as most of the holes had patches in the fairways. The greens rolled nice and were very quick. I’ll definitely play here again.

Commented on 01/26/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, Rags123. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Excellent…!

Beautiful golf course surrounded by huge oak trees with Spanish moss and luxury neighborhood. Requires precision iron shots as most greens are elevated, Small and undulating.

Commented on 01/26/2022

Hi, elmkjm. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh.

Extremely overpriced even in today’s economy.

The layout is decent, but it is probably one of Dye’s least remarkable layouts. Most people outside of Amelia Island haven’t even heard of this course. Shoot, I’m from Jax, have played all over for 30 years, and I hadn’t even heard of it until a few years ago. This leads me to my biggest issue with the course: the rates are out of whack for 1) the notoriety (lack thereof in this case) and 2) the conditions. I paid $153 for a Saturday AM. Yes, it’s the busiest time of the week, and I get that. This course during peak season on a Saturday AM isn’t worth any more than $75. In fact, I played it 2 years and 1 week ago and it was $64. It was in better shape then. There were several fairways with bare spots, and the rough just off the fairways was straight up beat on most holes. The course and the grass didn’t look healthy at all. The greens were respectable, but it’s evident that divots are not being properly repaired and it’s taking its toll. Here’s the reality: people from North and others visiting the resort don’t know any different. The resort is essentially getting what it can get. There’s demand and they’re happy to max out the rates, even if they’re grossly inadequate for the quality. If you’re used to premium public courses or private golf, there’s a solid chance that you’ll be underwhelmed - unless you’re from up North and any course that isn’t covered in snow in January is passable to you.

Commented on 01/18/2022

Hi, robertwest. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh. We hope to see you again soon.

Oak Marsh great shape in 2022

We have played several courses on or near Amelia Island, and it is in the best shape of all. Greens were smooth and quick, fairways very good. Bunkers needed to be raked and conditioned, but they have same staffing issues as elsewhere. We will be back.

Commented on 01/18/2022

Hello, u000001183465. Thank you for visiting us at Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 01/12/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u917561864! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh!

Commented on 01/10/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, nmauras! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh!

Beautiful course

This course has many picturesque spots! The ninth and the sixteenth holes are the most memorable picturesque spots for me. This is a challenging and well thought out course. The greens and fairways are immaculately kept. Great experience.

Commented on 01/07/2022

Really Nice Day

I love this course. It’s not as pristinely groomed as some of its neighbors, but it’s perfectly fine. Importantly, the greens are in good shape. Most of all it’s a challenging, but not tricked-up course. Very fun to play with a few spectacular views across the marsh.

The final three holes are some of the best closing holes I have ever played. Really interesting challenges in an amazing setting.

The staff is exceptionally nice and helpful. But a particular shout-out to the young man who was working in the pro shop the day we were there (December 31). He went above and beyond the call of duty. Terrific asset for the club.

Commented on 01/05/2022

Really nice golf course

We got little late due to map taking us to an entry point that needed a card so we had to take another route but staff was amazing to accommodate us and let us tee up ASAP. It’s a beautiful course with really nice views. I will definitely go to the course again when I am in the area.

Commented on 01/05/2022

Visually stunning

Gorgeous course. Lots of nature, birds, marshes. Course was boggy and had some wear in tear in spots on the front nine the day we played, but it’s not to be missed. Not a bear, but not a resort cream puff. 4-5 holes on the open marsh and super cool. Not cheap, but always worth a round when I’m in town. The range is meh, but whatever…. Not going there to practice.

Commented on 01/10/2022

Marty91, thanks for the great review and for choosing Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh. We hope to see you again soon!

I love this course

This is a gorgeous golf course. The properties.. The marshes. The birds, etc … The back nine, especially closing holes are visually stunning. The day we played the front nine had some wet spots and some chewed up spots due to play I assume. I’d like it to be a little less expensive, but it’s worth it to me to play every time we visit the area (a couple times a year). It’s challenging but not a bear. It’s also not a cream puff resort course from the tips. I’ll keep coming.

Commented on 01/10/2022

Thank you for your review, Marty91. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Always a great experience at Oak Marsh

The course is always in fantastic shape. Beautiful and challenging holes. Friendly staff.

Commented on 01/10/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh!

Impressed

Enjoyed playing the narrow fairways with elevated greens. A real challenge with beautiful scenery! To sweeten my day the staff was extremely helpful and made my play more enjoyable by telling me about the 16th tee box ( you’ll understand once you’ve played :) )

Commented on 01/10/2022

Hi, kxgpMP1tOoxQTPLl8CUR. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh!

Oak Marsh

Outstanding place! Great, friendly staff, excellent course! Beautiful location and in impeccable shape.

Commented on 01/28/2022

Hi, u886007441. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh.

Commented on 01/03/2022

Commented on 12/27/2021

Commented on 12/20/2021

Commented on 12/13/2021

Disappointing

Love the course but we got stuck behind a foursome getting lessons from an instructor the other day. That’s inexcusable. It took us 3 hours to play 9 holes. It’s not right to pay over 100 bucks for 18 holes and only get 15 in because of darkness due to the fact that there is slow play ahead because of instruction. That’s for the putting green and driving range. Really disappointed.

Commented on 12/02/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Omni Amelia Island Resort - Oak Marsh, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 12/02/2021

Amelia Island, Florida
Amelia Island, Florida
Ferandina Beach, Florida
Mayport, Florida
Jacksonville, Florida
AMELIA ISLAND, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at your choice of select hotels and 2 rounds of golf at Fernandina Beach Golf Club, Golf Club at North Hampton, or Oak Marsh Course at OMNI Amelia Island.
JACKSONVILLE, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at your choice of select hotels and 2 rounds of golf at Bent Creek Golf Club and Hidden Hills Golf Club.
JACKSONVILLE, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at TPC Sawgrass Stadium & Valley Courses.
CLAY COUNTY, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Courtyard Orange Park and 2 rounds of golf at Eagle Landing Golf Club.
ST. AUGUSTINE, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort and 2 rounds of golf at Slammer & Squire, and King & Bear at World Golf Village.