An aerial view of Amelia River Golf Club's replica of the 17th hole of the Stadium course at TPC Sawgrass.

The Amelia River Club is located on Amelia Island, just north of Jacksonville and within minutes of the historic town of Fernandina Beach. Renowned as one of the best-conditioned courses in the area with incredibly smooth greens, sculpted around a forest of majestic Live Oaks, Sable Palms, Pines and Wax Myrtles.

This par 72 track, designed by Tom Jackson, plays to a yardage of 6,823 from the back tees. It's pristine condition features well manicured rolling fairways, smooth bunkers and greens that challenge all skill levels. This course is unique in character and is a treat to play.

Amelia River consists of 18 holes of challenging golf where ball control and accuracy are keys to a great game. The fairways are wide and open, giving the golfer a sense of a traditional Scottish links course on some holes and a narrow tree lined experience on others. The 13th hole is a good example of the course’s challenges. This long par five runs along the border of the Fernandina Beach Airport and is a strategic three shot hole. Too long and left at lay up and you will have to deal with a water hazard. The wind can play havoc with this hole as it reminds one of an open links style design. In contrast #9 is a tree lined par four with very little room for error and includes a forced carry over Alligator Creek.

The signature 17th hole is a par three surrounded by water demanding an accurate shot to the island green which closely resembles another very famous golf hole in our area! The final hole ends at the edge of the Amelia River and its expansive tidal marsh.

The Amelia River Club

Greens TifEagle Grass
Architect Tom Jackson (2000)

Pull-carts No

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover welcomed
Dress code Proper dress is required for all golf activities. Bathing suits, cut-offs, blue jeans, tank tops, halter tops and t-shirts are not permitted.

Restaurant, Beverage Carts

Near the Airport 15

Fantastic course

One of the best courses I’ve played. Great day of golf. More affordable than other courses near by.

Course was in wonderful condition. Was able to book same day and play solo.

Pace of play was good, staff was friendly.

Will definitely play here again next time I’m in town.

Commented on 07/05/2022

Hello, JDubz123. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back The Amelia River Club!

The play

Greens were true course is fair from the blues.

Commented on 07/05/2022

Hi, wbricker. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at The Amelia River Club!

Very nice track

Great value. Good shape. Greens need another couple of weeks to bounce back from aeration. Some really fun holes( risk/reward). I will definitely be back. I wish I knew the course a little better. A lot of hazards you can’t see off tee. Friendly staff.

Commented on 06/28/2022

Hello, u314161571065. Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the price of our course is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing The Amelia River Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Wonderful course

I’m new to jax and Amelia river club is by far my favorite course in the area. The greens are lighting quick and true. A few short par 4’s and some awesome par 3’s.

Commented on 06/27/2022

Hello, ColeD423. Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at The Amelia River Club. Please visit us again soon!

Great course!

Was a great layout and greens were awesome even though they were just punched a few weeks earlier, still still ran very true. Lots of birdies out there! Can't go wrong with this course.

Commented on 06/24/2022

Hello, David8462438. Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at The Amelia River Club. Please visit us again soon!

Greens are tricking but good

Very nice place to play, plan on playing again next time I’m in town

Commented on 06/23/2022

Hello, u314162940164. Thank you for visiting us at The Amelia River Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 06/23/2022

Hello, u314162884902. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at The Amelia River Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Whaat a day on this great course!

Shot my lowest round ever (74) with 5 birdies to beat all of my playing partners (all had lower handicaps too!). THey punched greens a couple of weeks prior, but the course and the greens were excellent considering. Our starter actually is a distant cousin and we met for the first time (we share the same family name, Stockton). All in all, one of the most fun days I've ever had playing golf.

Commented on 06/29/2022

stockeller, thanks for the amazing review and for choosing The Amelia River Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Nice course but way too slow

It was a nice course. Tight fairways presented a challenge and it was well kept but the 5 hour + round was horrendous. We didn’t see a Marshall the entire time to speed the pace up. Probably a one and one for me.

Commented on 06/22/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, LOUISTOMASSONE. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting The Amelia River Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 06/22/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, killerkwang! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Amelia River Club!

Always Great

Course is always well maintained. When I made reservation I was made aware that course had been aerated. You could hardly tell. Great course.

Commented on 06/16/2022

JDPeele, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing The Amelia River Club.

Commented on 06/15/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at The Amelia River Club!

Commented on 06/15/2022

gscotthillery, thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing The Amelia River Club.

Perfect greens

This was a perfect scenario for playing a round. The weather, greens and pace of play were awesome. I would highly recommend The Amelia Island River Club.

Commented on 06/10/2022

Hi, gscotthillery. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Amelia River Club.

Commented on 06/10/2022

Hi, u314160480797. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at The Amelia River Club!

Commented on 06/10/2022

Hi, u909799790. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Amelia River Club.

Commented on 06/02/2022

Hello, u314162821392. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing The Amelia River Club.

GREAT Greens! Minimal Amenities

I thought the course was a pretty great value for the price, especially the condition and speed of the greens. They were GREAT.

The course isn't super interesting from a layout standpoint, but it is challenging in places.

The amenities were not great, especially because there was NO on-course drinking water or a beverage cart.

I would play it again, but make sure to bring all my own snacks/drinks/water etc.

Commented on 06/01/2022

Hello, joshprints. Thank you for visiting us at The Amelia River Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Amelia Island Golf

Nice course in decent condition with good layout and friendly staff and bar tenders.

Commented on 06/02/2022

Hello, u000001407459. Thank you for visiting us at The Amelia River Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great place to spend a day

I shot my best round of golf to date on the fantastically groomed course. If I could afford the fee I would play all the time.

Commented on 05/27/2022

Hello, MichaelP63. Thank you for visiting us at The Amelia River Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

3.2205882353
Ferandina Beach, Florida
Saint Marys, Georgia
Mayport, Florida
Jacksonville, Florida
AMELIA ISLAND, FL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the OMNI Amelia Island Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Amelia River Golf Club, Fernandina Beach Golf Club, and Oak Marsh Course at OMNI Amelia Island.
JACKSONVILLE, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at your choice of select hotels and 2 rounds of golf at Bent Creek Golf Club and Hidden Hills Golf Club.
JACKSONVILLE, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at TPC Sawgrass - PLAYERS Stadium & Dye's Valley Courses.
CLAY COUNTY, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Courtyard Orange Park and 2 rounds of golf at Eagle Landing Golf Club.
ST. AUGUSTINE, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort and 2 rounds of golf at Slammer & Squire, and King & Bear at World Golf Village.