The Country Club of Mount Dora

Year Built 1991
Architect Clifton, Ezell & Clifton (1991)

Caddies Yes

Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Tennis

Ranger saved the day!

Weather perfect for first 17 1/2 holes! Staff was outstanding and very courteous from the young man who brought me the cart to the starter and the pro shop! We got paired unfortunately with very slow players, and that made the first 3 holes painful. Never have had a warning for pace of play, so was embarrassed to see the cart stop! Luckily ranger gave us the go ahead to become a twosome! Instantly everything improved and had a blast until approach to 18 when the sky fell! Definitely will recommend and play again! Well worth the money!!

Commented on 06/14/2021

Thanks so much for the great review. We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon. Thanks for choosing The Country Club of Mount Dora.

Always good

Course is always in great shape. Fair test of golf for all levels of play. Highly recommended!

Commented on 06/14/2021

Hi, we would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at The Country Club of Mount Dora!

Commented on 06/11/2021

Hi, We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at The Country Club of Mount Dora!

Very nice as always

They always look good tea boxes look good get out of the Fairway it's either rough or other stuff which if you don't hit the Fairway you got to deserve whatever you get. Green's rolled way better than they look. They had punched them obviously a couple weeks ago and at first glance you'd think they'd roll terrible but they roll very smooth and quick.

Commented on 06/11/2021

Good Morning! We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at The Country Club of Mount Dora!

Nice layout, played on Sunday with a 10am start, very slow play on the front nine,

Commented on 06/09/2021

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

What a Pleasure!

We thoroughly enjoyed our game, although we packed it in after 10 holes as threatening thunder clouds were moving in and the heat was extreme. The fairways and greens are in excellent shape. We appreciated that COVID protocols were followed, allowing us to play as a twosome. Thank you! A question we did have however, was the missing Crown Royal tree. We always enjoyed seeing it and have taken pics over the last few years when we passed it!

Commented on 06/09/2021

Good Morning JD, We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back The Country Club of Mount Dora! As far as the Missing Crown Tree call in to the Pro Shop and inquire about it and I'm sure someone can inform you about it for your next photo potential photo Op!

Commented on 06/11/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Country Club of Mount Dora!

Not the best day

Very slow pace. Aeration made the greens less than idea. Have had better days at this course

Commented on 06/01/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Country Club of Mount Dora.

When we got to the course, we were told that the front nine was closed due to green aeration. Nothing in Golf Now about this. Disappointed.

CC MD

Course was full of players. Lots of residents. Greens are small and rolled true.

Commented on 05/26/2021

Hi, u646368982! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at The Country Club of Mount Dora!

Not bad!

Played based on the reviews on GN. Staff super friendly, didn’t stick around after for a drink so can comment on that. The POP was good until the last 4 holes but we hooked up with a single and had a nice final 4 holes. Rangers was around but we didn’t really need him as we combined our group’s (guy behind us didn’t want to join us for 18 but he seemed nice) The course has some decent holes. It’s shortish but green were rolling pretty good. Lots of ball marks and golfers continually fix them wrong. Glad I played it and might go back when I am back in the area but I would recommend the course. Oh they have a water range with grass but didn’t use it.

Commented on 05/26/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, Fivegrains. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting The Country Club of Mount Dora, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Fun and challenging

We enjoyed our round at County Club of Mount Dora. The conditions are were better than average and it provides ample challenge for all levels of players. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, even letting us go out ahead of our scheduled tee time. Will definitely go back to play again!

Commented on 05/20/2021

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Country Club of Mount Dora.

Great course!

We played with another couple and had a great time. We did not wait on any hole so pace of play was great. Greens were in good condition. There was grass in the fairways to hit off of. All in all a very good day.

Commented on 05/18/2021

Thank you for visiting us at The Country Club of Mount Dora. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Tougher and better than I remembered!

We usually play around 6,000 yds, but the starter was adamant we should play the whites at 5,700. He was right! Virtually every hole has a bunker with a high face in front of the green. There is water everywhere. There's a 385 yd par 5 that my partner and I both double bogeyed! Although it was 5,700 yds, there were 3 par 4s over 375! Fairways and greens were both in good condition, t-boxes ok. If you like to run the ball up onto the greens, you won't like this course, but I recommend an extra club on your approaches to avoid burying balls in the face of the bunker. We liked it other than the spritzing rain all day, but we'll be back soon.

Commented on 05/26/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Country Club of Mount Dora.

Hit’em straight

Great value course, very friendly staff and members, played the Green tees and straight tee shots a must to score as the fairways are tight and the greens are small. We were a twosome and played in 3 1/2 hrs (Tuesday), fairways and greens aren’t quite full yet but fun course and well worth the price ($30 hot deal)!

Commented on 05/12/2021

Beautiful Day

A few dry spots and could let grass be a little taller in fairways. Enjoyed the round.

Commented on 05/13/2021

Commented on 05/12/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at The Country Club of Mount Dora!

Bad golf great day!

I went to this course as a single which I often do, and as usual I do the reviews when I’m done. Today I met up with Christain, his son Mason, and another friend of theirs Al who graciously allowed me to play with them, and we had a great time. I’ve only played this course one or two other times, I didn’t remember it which affected my play a little bit. The greens were nice the fairways were nice bunkers were a little bare but overall it’s a very nice course with a nice layout and a great deal On GolfNow. The staff are very friendly and the starter seems like a great guy very accommodating and willing to help.

Commented on 05/11/2021

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at The Country Club of Mount Dora. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Mount Dora, Florida
Grand Island, Florida
Leesburg, Florida
Howey in the Hills, Florida
Howey in the Hills, Florida

ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Mission Inn Resort & Club and 2 rounds of golf at Mission Inn Resort & Club - El Campeon & Las Colinas Courses.