A view of the 7th hole at Deer Island Country Club.

Formerly known as Deer Island Golf and Lake Club.

Deer Island Country Club

Year Built 1994
Architect Joe Lee (1994)

Snacks, Restaurant

Locker Rooms

Swimming

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2022 #24)

Wow

This course is so challenging. I think it’s one of the most beautiful courses in the area.

Good greens, good tee boxes, good pace of play, and great price.

Commented on 01/31/2023

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Deer Island Country Club.

Great Couse-Good Shape-Management is AWESOME!

Booked a Hote Deal round at this course-but my mistake-selected the wrong date. We showed up at the course, found out about my error, and figured I'd just lost the GN payment. Susan-one of the senior managers, came to our aid immediately-she went well above and beyond to fix my error-made is all feel valued. They figured a way to get me and my buddy out quickly-even on a packed Saturday. The course was in very good condition (much nicer than surrounding courses), and we played in under 4 hours. Altogether, a great day, with a very favorable impression of how much management cares about their customers. I'll be back, and highly reccomends this couse to anyone withing 1 hour's drive right now.

Commented on 01/31/2023

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Deer Island Country Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Deer Island

Deer Island provides a challenge for all levels of golfers. I think there’s water on all 18 holes and plenty of sand and small greens. The course is in good shape the views are beautiful I would highly recommend playing deer Island.

Commented on 01/31/2023

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your business. Deer Island Country Club thanks you!

Commented on 01/31/2023

Hi, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Deer Island Country Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another great experience!

Excellent

Beautiful course. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

A Peach !!!!

Course was in great condition, somewhat challenging, needed to know where to place your shots, along of water, played in 4 hours. Highly recommend, a little out of the way, but we'll worth it.

Commented on 01/31/2023

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Deer Island Country Club.

Love this place

Great course. Tough if you have not played. Lots of hidden trouble. Even if you know it you can get in trouble. Reasonable prices and it is a pleasant day trip.

Great course.

I played here just last week and already have another tee time for this week. What a great course. Beautiful holes and views. It's set on an island and they have plenty of water. Played it 3 1/2 hours and loved it.

Commented on 01/31/2023

Hello and thank you for your rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Deer Island Country Club!

Good Course

Bring extra balls, there is water everywhere. Course is in very good shape and very challenging. I live in The Villages and rate this course higher than most of their courses with a cost of $25 per round cheaper. More than that if you’re a vet. Definitely going back.

Commented on 01/31/2023

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Deer Island Country Club.

Was a 5 hour round, called in and let them know we were stacked up with 4 foursomes on a hole, said would try and get someone out??? Unacceptable.

Commented on 01/31/2023

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Enjoyable round

Our first round back in Florida after the pandemic. The course was in good condition and the greens were quick. Pace of play was good and round in 4 hours.
Friendly staff but no food available as the kitchen was closed.
Have re booked a 2nd round.

Dear island

Excellent golf course and fun to play. However when we checkdimmed I was told I could not purchase a bucket of balls because I only had 30 minutes before my tea time. I explained I thought we could hit a small bucket between 2 of us and still make our tea time. She made it clear if we were a minute late we would not get out as they were full all that.
She actually seemed very rude to her fellow employee as well. As much as we really enjoyed the golf course it would be tough to recommend to others with an experience like that period Had planned to come back this week but decided to go elsewhere.

Great to be back

We last played Deer Island 6 years ago but have not returned to Florida from the UK because of the pandemic. A great welcome and we were lucky enough to be paired up with a couple from Wisconsin. We played ready golf and got round in 4 hours. Plenty of grass on the fairways and the greens were very good. A good test of golf. Only downside was the kitchen closed early.. Hope to get back before we return home.

Raised greens

Some good scenery around lake, but disappointed it seemed that about every hole had raised greens, thus every time you just barely missed green you were faced with a very difficult and almost unfair shot. Not the most enjoyable in that respect, but on a positive, very nice environment and views throughout.

Played 6 rounds this past week and Deer Island was by far the best! Fun, challenging (especially with the wind - take two extra clubs), great shape compared to others this time of year and you really know your in Florida!!

Commented on 01/31/2023

Excellent course with a unique layout. Very challenging. Water on 16/18 holes. Worth the drive. Will be back.

Commented on 01/31/2023

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Deer Island Country Club.

Mount Dora, Florida
Leesburg, Florida
Sorrento, Florida
Grand Island, Florida
Howey in the Hills, Florida
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Mission Inn Resort & Club and 2 rounds of golf at Mission Inn Resort & Club - El Campeon & Las Colinas Courses.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Bay Hill Lodge and 1 round of golf at Bay Hill Club.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at The Lodge at Orange County National and 3 rounds of golf at Celebration Golf Club, Orange County- Crooked Cat and Orange County- Panther Lake.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at SpringHill Suites or TownePlace Suites and 3 rounds of golf at Celebration Golf Club, Orange County National, and Walt Disney World Golf.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodation at The Fountains Resort Orlando and 4 rounds of golf at Celebration Golf Club, Orange County National, Shingle Creek Golf Club and Falcons Fire Golf Club.