Style Traditional/Desert
The Legacy Golf Club

Year Built 1989
Architect Arthur Hills (1989) John Fought Todd Schoeder (1996)

Dress code Dress code requires a collared or mock shirt, shorts or slacks. Attire that is discouraged includes but is not limited to t-shirts, tank tops, and blue jeans.

Entertaining Clients 18
Near the Airport 19

it was one of my best course

I don't care what people say about this course, and I really enjoyed playing.

Commented on 03/03/2021

u1360392676, Thank you for your review, we look forward to your next visit!

Not worth it.

They should be ashamed to be charging $60 (local rate) to be playing this course. It was in such horrible shape. There are better maintained courses for better local rates. They need to either commit to the course maintenance or drastically lower those rates.

Commented on 02/26/2021

u260482717, Thank you for your feedback. The Legacy charging $60 is well under market value for the area. Just like many operators such as Spanish Trail, South Shore Country Club, Bali Hai, Wildhorse, The Wynn, Wolf Creek and Palm Valley we all had to make the difficult decisions not to overseed in 2020 due to the financial impacts of Covid-19. You may think that $60 is too much, however when you add in all of our other rates throught the day our average rate is $35 per person and most days does not cover our operating costs. Yes, the golf course is busy, however less than 1% of non-resident golfers, limited weddings and catering and single carts have reduced our revenues by more than 40%. Each operation in Southern Nevada is just trying to survive. By not overseeding in 2020 we could ensure that our employees remained employed. That's the harsh reality many operators face. This is why we countinue to remove non-playable turf areas in an effort to reduce our water impact and expenses. If you need anything in the future feel free to reach me anytime at mike@thelegacygc.com

Poor Conditions

The Legacy was known as one of the finest courses in Clark County. I have played this course many times but today let me know why I haven’t played there in a long time. It is in horrible condition. The bunkers are hard, the fairways are dry and dusty, and the greens are in poor condition. This for the local price of $60! No thanks.

I’ll take my business to Chimera or Rhodes Ranch, where I know the conditions will be excellent.

Commented on 02/25/2021

u706024208, Thank you for your feedback. We were only of several operators who had to make the tough decsion not ot overseed in 2020 due to the financial impact of Covid-19. By electing not to overseed we could ensure that our employees remained employeed for 2021 and beyond. Our price of $60 is below market value for locals in the Henderson market, had we overseeded our rates would have been in line with Chimera and Revere at $75+, the reason for the fairways being dry and dusty is because they are currently dormant and will wake up in the next couple of weeks with warmer weather. If you have any additional feedback you can reach me at mike@thelegacygc.com

Dead Course - No Grass!!

Course layout was fine, fairways were generous, the greens well bunkered and elevated. That's the best part. We played in late Feb and there was no green. Just slightly green painted fairways and greens. The course was completely dormant. Most normal courses in this area will oversee greens, at least and most do fairways as well. A lot of the fairways had no grass in some areas, not even the dormant grass. The greens were surfaces were were so rough the ball would not roll. All in all the course is not worth the money. The only green grass is around the club house. GO figure!

Commented on 02/23/2021

Golfnbobroy, thank you for the feedback, we were one of several operators who made the decision not to overseed in 2020. Our governor's tight restrictions and closure of golf courses for three weeks in April 2020 played a significant role in that decision. The course is not dead, just dormant and will awake in the spring when the bermuda wakes up.

Surprisingly Bad Shape

I have played this course since 1999. I can’t believe every fairway is dead, greens are rock hard and tee boxes have been ripped up? At this time of year, the course was always pristine and overseeded. I will research why the management decided to for-go the cost (COVID?)

Commented on 02/23/2021

u000003257955, thank you for the feedback. We were one of several operators who had to make the tough decision not to overseed in 2020 due to the financial impact of covid-19. Our governor closed all the courses in Nevada for 3 weeks in April 2020. The fairways are not dead, they are currently dormant and will wake up in the spring. As for the tee boxes, due to the rising cost of water we have elected to remove turf in no playable areas and reduce our water footprint. Last year we used 258 millions gallons of water.

Sad story

We’ve played this course before when it was owned by a previous management company. It used to be one of the top courses in the city. They’ve neglected it to the point that it’s a shell of its former self. Dead fairways, bad greens, trash all around the course. Landscaping has fallen by the wayside. Just very poor shape. Management company must be doing this on purpose. Very, very poor condition. Don’t waste your money and time. It’s a shame .

Commented on 02/17/2021

Cosmolv2010, Thank you for the review. The previous managment group (OB Sports) did not own the course. It was owned by an insurance company who had several other holdings. Due to the financial impact of Covid-19 and forced closure of the golf course by our governor for 3 weeks in April and continued restrictions such as single carts, blocked tee times, 10 minutes intervals we've seen a reduction in revenues by 40-60% and as a result elected decided not to overseed in 2020. We were one of several operators who had to make unprecendented decisions not to overseed such as The Wynn, Spanish Trail, Wildhorse, Bali Hai, Palm Valley, Reflection Bay, South Shore & Wolf Creek in 2020. The most important factor was ensuring the club could remain open in 2021 and beyond and for our employees to remain employeed. The Legacy also didn't overseed in 2008 during the econmic crash. As for the fairways being dead, they are not, the bermuda is currently dormant and will wake up once the termpertures rise about 80 on a regular basis. As for the trash, we have sustained 20+ MPH winds everyday since Saturday. On Saturday 2/13 we had gusts of 40 mph which resulted in several down trees and alot of trash. It takes us several days to pick up all of those debris with a course maintenance crew of 14 staff members. If you have any future concerns you can reach me anytime at mike@thelegacygc.com

Attention To Detail Needed From Top To Bottom

Booked a round as a single player at 11:05a for 2/11/21. No issues with the booking process, everything as normal. Arrived at the course around 10:00a, and that's when the fumbling started to happen. Pro shop couldn't find my tee time. "Fuller?". "No, ANDERSON at 11:05a". Staff member couldn't find my time. "OH! You're at 10:50a". I then said "Okay, but does that have me golfing within a group?" because I like to play with others and don't want to chooch up the course as a single smashed between 3 and 4 balls. I was told that because of company policy during Covid 19 times, I wasn't allowed to book as a single within another group. Bogus. Absolutely bogus. You are THE only course in the Valley that is doing this. I was told it's managements interpretation to the governors directives. Now, I'm VERY Covid 19 conscious but that's not what the directives state. It wouldn't be a big deal, but it now is because your pro shop didn't inform me during the booking about this bogus policy. Be open, be transparent. Don't tell a customer "You're all set for 11:05a" and then plug said customer in to the closest tee time. What's even MORE bogus, is that as I was warming up I was approached at 10:30a by a different staff member and was told "you can tee off right now with another single". So, it IS okay? Confusion. Ever MORE confusing, the guy in the hitting bay next to me asks the staff member "they're two singles going out right now? The pro shop literally just told me there were no tee times for the rest of the day then sold me this $15 bucket of balls. Is there room in the group?". Staff member played dumb, "You'd need to check in with the golf shop". Absolutely unprofessional and amateur.

As far as course conditions go: either save your money or take it elsewhere. There are plenty of other courses in the Valley that have decent fairways and good greens for $40-60. If you're a nonresident, do not go here. You'll be thoroughly disappointed to play hard pan fairways and splotchy green complexes.

Good riddance Legacy G.C. and Elite Management

Sincerely,
A very unsatisfied customer

Commented on 02/13/2021

NilesakaSmiles - Please reach out to me direct about your concerns, I can be reached at mike@thelegacygc.com I'd be happy to provide you with all Governor Directivies effective 5/1/20 that Mr. Sisolak approved for us to reopen. We understand that some other facilities in the area are not following all the rules, however its more important to keep our employees employeed then break the rules. Due to all of the rules and regulations, this is the same reason why we couldn't afford to oveseed. Single carts, 10 minute tee times and not pairing groups up reduces our availability by 40% daily.

Worst course in Las Vegas

I played here on Super Bowl Sunday, and it was in terrible condition. I understand dormant grass, but when you combine dormant grass in the fairways with grainy, almost sandlike, soil... it equals a barren wasteland. The bunkers were the best thing to hit from. Even the greens had patchy and dried out grass marks. Would not recommend this course to anyone. I wouldn’t pay $20 to play here.

Commented on 02/09/2021

FitRedone, we elected not to overseed the golf course in 2020 like several other clubs in the area that faced uncertain futures due to the covid-19 shutdowns by our governor. We were one of several Operators that had to make difficult decsions that would allow for us to be successful and remain open for 2021 and beyond. Please give us another chance once our bermuda grass comes back into season. You can reach me anytime at mike@thelegacygc.com

Course is dry

I’ve played Legacy before and it has always been in pretty good shape. This time the course was bone dry. Lots of bare lies and dead Bermuda. The greens were a little sketchy. There was also a fivesome on the course with three twosomes behind them. Never once saw a Marshall. As the course stands now, I would not play it again. There are many golf courses in Vegas that are in great condition during the winter.

Commented on 02/09/2021

u944725070, we elected not to overseed in 2020 sue to the financial impact of covid19. Several course operators including ourselves had to make tough decisions in order to remain open. We hope that you give The Legacy another opportunity in the spring. You can reach me anytime at mike@thelegacygc.com

Greens and Fairways Hard and Fast

Greens were extremely fast. Grass has not grown properly. Maybe in a month or so the greens will be better than it is today.

Course conditions (beware)

First off the staff was amazing and very kind.
Now about the course. Conditions were the worst I’ve played in a long...... time.
Tee boxes were tore up soo bad, fairways dead and hard as a rock, the greens were ok but far from acceptable. We saw the cart girl on hole 2 at 12:30pm, MIA for the next 4 hours.
Very bad experience although our group made the best of it. It looks as though their is no watering or maintenance going on besides the water logged dead looking greens. Almost looks as though there getting ready to throw in the towel.
Pace of play was great so that was a positive.
This review is mainly related to the course conditions and the MIA cart girl.
Really disappointed I wasted a Friday afternoon with 60+ temps in January on this course. Hopefully I can help at least one person from wasting $45.00 on green fees here.
This place used to be really nice.

Commented on 01/15/2021

Whoever the person was that replied to my comment.
This is why I won’t be back.
I have played here for well over 10 years a couple times per year.
The conditions were unacceptable and instead of apologizing you came up with an excuse. I’m not the only commenting, just saying!
Your response should be a flag for all golfers thinking about playing at Legacy.

Commented on 01/12/2021

u438909245, We elected not to overseed this year based on the financial impact of Covid-19 and being closed for 3 weeks in April. We are not throwing in the towel, in fact by not overseeding we were securing the future of the club for 2021 and beyond.

The greens were not in good shape

Very dry and not staff help outside. I like the layout very much, I might give it another try during the summer.

4.2037235294