Desert Pines Golf Club is often referred to as "The Pinehurst" of Las Vegas. It offers a Carolina sandhills experience, yet is conveniently located just minutes from downtown or the Strip. This Dye design features thousands of mature pine trees lining the well-groomed fairways where white sand bunkers protect large, undulating, bent grass greens. Because of the large number of pine trees, often times this course is cooler than other courses in the heat of the summer. Although there are no forced carries, water comes into play on 9 of the 18 holes.

Desert Pines Golf Club

Year Built 1996
Fairways Bermuda (419 & Tiff II)/Rye Grass
Architect Perry Dye (1996) Cynthia Dye McGarey (1996)

Dress code Proper golf attire.

Bar, Snacks, Restaurant, Beverage Carts

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

Way Too Many People

It’s beyond rare when I give a poor rating of a course. A lot has to happen for me to do so, but I had to in this case. I took my dad here for his 60th birthday this past weekend, and nothing went well. The course was beyond packed because they’re trying to squeeze so many people on in one day due to less sunlight and they need the money. Not being petty, but i have no idea where the money is going because the course conditions were also pretty poor.

The worse part was the course marshall breathing down your neck after every shot. He follows behind you and if you’re not on the green in less than two seconds he’ll come up and ask you to skip the hole or have people behind you play through. I completely understand keeping pace of play, but the way he went about it was terrible and being very harsh and mean the entire time giving us orders.

We only got through 14 holes because of the course marshall making us stop and letting groups of 2s play through. We had to stop for roughly 45 minutes waiting for groups to keep playing through because they were all so back-to-back and crammed. If you have any people who may take a bit longer to get to the hole, definitely don’t choose here because of how groups they cram on in one day to make as much money as possible.

Decent for the amount of play

Good track but a little “rough” around the edges. The guy working the range was a little strange. A little like a bathroom attendant. A little off-putting.

Quirky, slow, and expensive for conditions.

Disappointed of condition and pace of play. Luckily paid a decent rate on discount golf site. Spend a little more and play a nicer course. Staff was great food cart was always around which was great.

Accuracy matters

This is my second time to play this course. I try to play different courses; however, I forgot I played this course last year, and I accidentally booked it again.
The curse was in pretty good shape. The greens were fast; but, there were lots of un-repaired ball marks. I did my part and repaired at least two on every green.
The fairways were in really good shape...whenever I played in them! I gave this course a "somewhat challenging" rating because you must be accurate off the tee. The narrow fairways place a premium on well-positioned tee shots. The rough, which is desert bushes and white sandy gravel come in to play on almost every hole. The water holes are challenging too. My only other issue was with the bunkers, The amount of sand in the bunkers varies. I had two great bunker shots early in my round, On my third bunker, it felt like there was a good base layer of sand as I walked to my ball.; however, when I took my shot, I hit a hard bottom, and bounced my SW into the ball, flying the green...very frustrating! Another annoyance was the fowl feces..i.e. duck poop! It's on every fairway, and on some greens. Watch your step!
I marked the course down in the price category. I played some very nice courses for the price I paid here. I know that most of the courses in Las Vegas charge one fee for Nevada/Clark County residents, and a different fee for non-residents. This is a $40-$60 course...at best.
I'll go back if the price is adjusted for non-residents (unless I move to Las Vegas), and the bunkers are more consistent in sand composition..

Too Much

Course is way overpriced.
Waiting on almost every tee box to tee off
My value placed on the douse would be $60. 00 to $80.00 max.

Course Layout

The course layout is great. Not too long from the middle tees.

Nice course but you better be an accurate driver of the ball…it is narrow with some tough lies if you are offline

Interesting

Tee boxes and fairways were nice. Rough was too thick. Wasted time searching for good hit balls. Greens were not good. Sandy and bumpy. Slow roll and for price pretty disappointing. Course layout and pace interesting

$69 local price is to much.

The staff is always very friendly and helpful. But it was a huge turn off when I wanted to purchase the player's card but I couldn't get the $10 discount for that day. Does $10 mean that much to them? We won't be playing there as much as we used to.

Not for the money

I don’t generally write many reviews but in this case I feel it’s necessary. The layout is good despite being fairly short, however the potential to stretch it out a bit is there. The main issues were conditions and pace of play. I understand that the course recently over seeded and it takes a bit to get it into solid shape. The greens had pit marks all over plus were extremely bumpy and slow. They are in desperate need of a good sand top-dressing after tining or plugging. There were multiple plugged balls on the greens.

The fairways were so over-watered every single shot had chunks of mud to be cleaned off. The gripe I have is that they charged $150 for those playing conditions.

Then pace of play was atrocious because of a couple slow groups and the twosome in front of us don’t belong on a normal course with their ability level. They hit multiple times from every spot because their shots either dribbled a few yards or blasted out to the right terribly. Then they would be sitting waiting for greens to clear while nearly 200 yards out which they never hit a single shot that far the whole day. One of them was a kid who works at the course. They need to practice more on par 3 courses or pick up sooner on the holes. The kid even picked up one of my balls that went over a mound between holes and I would have never gotten it back if I hadn’t been right there looking before they left the tee box.

Desert pines

Love it. It was a little more challenging because of over seeding which is par for the course.
Definitely will be back.
I believe Carlos? was the starter that morning and went above and beyond to make sure that we had everything we needed.
See you again someday

They had just opened it a few days before we were there so things were still a little rough. But all in all I will definitely go back.

Greens

Greens thrashed, not from regular annual maintenance but from play. Grass clippings everywhere! Your not hitting off grass, your hitting off grass clippings. But the staff is great!

If the staff is top notch. They just overseed it a couple of weeks ago. They warn you in advance of the conditions. The fairways were in very good shape .the greens were a little slow Just as they told us it would be. See you all soon.

Okay Golf Course

The course was over seeded and conditions were not the best. Was not that appealing to the eye.

Good Course, but ....

It's a very nice and easy course nor very far from the Vegas strip. The course conditions were not ideal as they had recently done some maintenance work....and the greens were very slow.

North Las Vegas, Nevada
Nellis AFB, Nevada
North Las Vegas, Nevada
4.5220352941
Henderson, Nevada
Las Vegas, Nevada
LAS VEGAS, NV | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The Venetian Resort Las Vegas and 2 rounds of golf at Angel Park Golf Club (Mountain Course) & Coyote Springs Golf Club.
LAS VEGAS, NV | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Caesar's Palace Resort & Casino and 2 rounds of golf at Cascata Golf Club & Rio Secco Golf Club.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Rancho Mirage and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Rancho Mirage - Pete Dye Course, Mission Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at either Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa or Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, Indian Wells, and 2 rounds of golf at Indian Wells Golf Resort - Celebrity & Players Courses.