Del Monte Golf Course
Opened in 1897, Del Monte Golf Course is the oldest course in continuous operation west of the Mississippi. Designed by golf and polo enthusiast Charles Maud, this inland course boasts a meandering, hilly layout that has challenged golfers for more than a century.
It was the original host of the California State Amateur-still played on Del Monte's narrow, tree-lined fairways and small,well-protected greens-and continues to serve as one of the three courses on which the Callaway Golf Pebble Beach Invitational is played.
Adjacent to Del Monte Golf Course, the Del Monte Pavilion offers an inviting outdoor setting for any special event. Whether you are hosting a corporate outing or a tournament awards ceremony, all events are impeccably catered by the Lodge at Pebble Beach.
|White (W)||74||6085 yards||74.2||122|
|Red (W)||74||5435 yards||70.8||115|
|Blue M: 71.6/131||505||328||376||178||327||196||379||384||524||3197||293||331||171||512||218||330||421||500||392||3168||6365|
|White M: 70.4/128 W: 76.0/132||489||314||361||162||306||189||365||364||512||3062||278||325||147||496||209||313||415||475||365||3023||6085|
|Red M: 66.8/123 W: 72.5/123||421||296||351||141||287||181||298||313||423||2711||265||313||126||407||200||294||352||443||324||2724||5435|
Food & BeverageBar, Grill, Restaurant
Golf Advisor: Top 25 Off-course amenities in the U.S.
Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses
Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S.
Nice... Nothing Special
Enjoyed playing on a beautiful, 75 degree winter day., But, as others have said, this course looks and feels old. No services because of Covid, but to not allow coolers/outside food or drink is ridiculous (even worse to announce this to every foursome seemed like overkill). Back to the course...felt like an overpriced Muni, but in Carmel and named Del Monte. Fairways in decent condition, greens slow and bumpy, off fairway conditions terrible. No, I wouldn't drive from San Jose to play here again, I'll stick to Pacific Grove.
COurse condition & weather were good. There was heavy traffic due to the Thanksgiving holiday starts.
It should be no traffic these days due to COVID-19 but
that day happened. I arrived just before tee times and I wanted to ride the cart but no cart available after 12:20. A little bit challenging to walk. That's a hard exercise for me. But That's a good experience for me. I like this course and would like to come back again.
This course had beautiful views along the way and we were able to have family wave to us at the 17th hole from the patio of the Hyatt Regency Hotel. This is a great course to have in my backyard.
Overrated and Busy and Pricey
1. Weather was perfect and super convenient if you stay at the Hyatt next door
2. Greens in fantastic shape and fast
3. You can buy Pebble Beach gear in the clubhouse and friendly staff in there
1. Course overrun by local "Duke's Members" on Columbus Day (Mon, 12 Oct) who only pay $48.
2. Large swaths of dead brown grass.
3. Backed up on hole #2 - took about 4.5 hours to walk. Slower than it should have been. We were a threesome.
4. Retail is $110 and I paid $89 on Golf Now, but feels like a $49 course.
5. For $110 or less you could play better courses in the area.
6. Had big expectations because it is a Pebble Beach property, but felt like my local muni where I pay $29 twilight.
7. Thought the course would be in fantastic shape because it had been closed for 7 months, but lots of divots and tee boxes just ok. Strange it was not pristine. Had only been open 12 days.
8. No amenities due to COVID. One food cart, but no take-away food from the restaurant.
9. No driving range.
10. Feels like the place needs an update. From the signage to the clubhouse it feels like it would in 1972.
Played with my son and a friend. Great variety of holes. Greens were excellent.
Pace of play was a little slow we walked and it took 4.5 hours . Wish ranger moved people along better.
Overall had a great day. I will play it again soon