Type Public/Military
Monterey Pines Golf Club

Year Built 1963
Fairways Rye Grass
Greens T-1 Bent Grass
Architect Robert Muir Graves (1963) Marc Messier (2009) Kevin Tucker (2009)

Carts Yes - $15

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities

Near the Airport 91

Monterey Pines Review

Great course providing good value. Staff friendly. For walkers who would care to repair divots, stand bottles would be helpful. Nice upgrades have been made to the course over the past two years. Added new cart paths, repainted exterior of shop and restaurant, presently extending length and new tee boxes for several holes. I have missed somethings but have observed the commitment to quality and capital improvements. Course is in great shape.

Beautiful Golf Course

The golf course definitely worth playing. Well maintained and great staff/starter. Thank you!

Commented on 01/14/2022

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Monterey Pines Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Busy/ cart availability issue

Overall good experience. Was a beautiful day and as such, was very busy. They were having difficulty with keeping their carts charged, so I had to share one with a stranger.

Commented on 01/14/2022

Rudest guy ever

I brought my cart in 5 minutes late apparently. I didn’t know what time it was or what time carts were in by. The guy collecting carts, his name was Craig, was so rude to me for being 5 minutes late. Despite my efforts of apologizing and trying to deescalate the situation, he got even more rude and disrespectful towards me. I explained to him that it was my first time here and I wasn’t aware that I was late and if I’m held him up I’m sorry. It was an accident. His response, “what you don’t know how to tell time?!” That was just one of the many mean things he said to me. I’ve never been treated so badly at a golf course in my life. This man should be fired. Never coming here again.

Commented on 01/05/2022

Hi Kyle, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are sorry to hear your customer service experience was not up to par. Please reach out to our management team at (831) 656-2167, and thanks for visiting Monterey Pines Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Commented on 01/10/2022

Thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Monterey Pines Golf Club.

Driving range was closed the last two times playing at this course.

Commented on 01/10/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Monterey Pines Golf Club.

Locals course

As far as the course goes it's well kept and the greens run true and are pretty good considering the amount of play they get. Fairways and tee boxes are in good shape. The only complaint I would have is that it's a locals course, meaning that they cater to the regulars and go out of their way to accommodate what ever they want at the expense of other golfers. Don't be surprised if your tee time is moved, after check in, because some regulars want to get off early. This has happened to me a 4 or 5 times. I've had to wait up to 30+ minutes from my booked/ paid time, I can read a starters sheet on the 1st tee and know what's going on and excuses given by starter are always nothing less than insulting.

Commented on 01/05/2022

Short but a real gem

Course is relatively short, but the conditions are immaculate. One of the best bargain courses in Monterey!

Great Course for the Money

Relatively easy course and pretty short. What the course lacks in drama is more than made up for with the immaculate condition of the fairways and greens. I've played private country clubs with conditions nowhere near as nice as this course. The grass is lush and so green it looks almost fake. I would play here just to hit off such pristine conditions. Price also makes this a true value course!

Difficulty Extremely Easy
Commented on 01/10/2022

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Monterey Pines Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Amazing value

Buy a yearly card. Play any weekday for $38 including cart! 6,000 yards of well laid out challenge. It’s a bargain on the Monterey coast. Sadly, like all courses still no air to clean spikes but really a great deal. I play 2-3 times a week.

Commented on 09/29/2020

The picture is not of Monterey Pines, but it's a nice hole wherever it is

Commented on 07/27/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

When are you going to reopen too the public? Really miss playing your course.

Commented on 05/12/2021

Thanks so much for the review. We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon. Thanks for choosing Monterey Pines Golf Club.

Commented on 04/06/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Commented on 03/10/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Monterey Pines Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 03/03/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Jimmy! We're delighted you enjoyed your round with us. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Monterey Pines Golf Club!

I had a hole in 1!

So excited to report my first HIO on #8. Called the clubhouse and they were great! My certificate was ready when I finished up and couldn’t have been more pleased with the staff enthusiasm. Thank you Lee and rest of mp staff!

This is my home course. It’s in really Great shape. It was recently improved with carts paths throughout and a new bathroom at 14 replacing outhouse on 15. Carts have a great gps system giving fairway layout and mileage to front, middle and back of green.

Commented on 03/03/2020

Hello, marge. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. Congratulations on your first hole in one on hole #8!! We look forward to having you back at Monterey Pines Golf Club!

Good muni course

Course in good shape except the greens..we played with a pair of regulars who agreed that folks that play this course do not repair their own divots...course layout seemed to be a pretty standard fairgrounds links course that’s a little better kept up due to the areas other nice courses...

Commented on 03/03/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course conditions are extremely important to us. We are working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Monterey Pines Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 02/20/2020

Hi neilhedwards, thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Monterey Pines Golf Club and hope you'll come see us again soon.

ball marks

why do people not fix there ball marks on the greens. I fixed at least 3 marks per green this round and my other players did as well. If this is not adressed these greens will soon look like Salinas Fairways greens. Put up signs or encourage people to fix there marks. Perhaps gifts or treats from the marshall if he sees someone fixing divots.

Commented on 03/03/2020

Hi, we appreciate you reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course conditions and signage is extremely important to us. We always appreciate golfer comments and we are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your review for guidance. Thank you for playing Monterey Pines Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Monterey, California
Carmel, California
Carmel, California
Monterey, California
3.6712058824
Pacific Grove, California
Pebble Beach, California
MONTEREY, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa and 3 rounds of golf at The Links at Spanish Bay™, Bayonet Golf Course and Poppy Hills Golf Course.
MONTEREY, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Embassy Suites by Hilton and 3 rounds of golf at Poppy Hills Golf Course, Black Horse Golf Course & Del Monte™ Golf Course.
MONTEREY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at Quail Lodge & Golf Club and 2 rounds of golf at Carmel Valley Ranch and at Quail Lodge Golf Course.
FROM $1,037 (USD)
MONTEREY, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Lodge at Pebble Beach™ and 4 rounds of golf at Pebble Beach Golf Links™, Spyglass Hill™, Pasatiempo & Bayonet Golf Courses.
HALF MOON BAY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at The Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay and 2 rounds of golf at Half Moon Bay Golf Links.