A view from a fairway at Eagles Golf Club.

Style Traditional

Located just north of Tampa Bay Downs, Eagles Golf Club features two 18-hole golf courses surrounded by more than 30 lakes, ponds and canals. Eagles Golf Club's Lakes course sports an abundance of water hazards, elevated greens and many fairway bunkers. Large oaks are scattered throughout.

The Eagles Golf Club - Lakes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MC, Discover
Dress code Proper Dress Required

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

Eh it’s ok

For the Normal price this course is below standards. The bunkers were terrible and rock hard. The cart paths were terrible and even dirt in some area. The fairways were average but the greens were decent. Pace was a little slow. But for the discounted price it was good, no ball washers on course. I wouldn’t pay the full normal price for this course, you would be disappointed.

Pace of play

Due to a horrible storm the night before, it was cart path only. But many of the holes were under water and difficult to even walk to your ball. Plus the grass along the fairways were so long we lost many balls.
My opinion the course should NOT have been open

Mushy golf

No fault of the Eagles, it’s a good place to play. The heavy rains in Florida the first couple of week in July turned the fairways into sponges.

Cart path only of course with lots of puddles and mud around the paths.

I skipped the first four holes on the Lakes and tees off at five because there were foursomes at every tee box. Once I got on 5 the pace of play was fantastic, no other stops.

Considering the wet and soggy turf, the conditions were not that bad. The fairways were not overgrown and greens were in good shape. I like playing here, staff is nice
And the course is challenging. I did come across an 7 foot gator in the rough near where a drive landed. Gator was in the high grass rather motionless. I kept my distance.

Look forward to the course drying out so greens speed up and some bounce off the fairways. Hopefully next week rains let up.

Should have been closed

I know it rains bad in the summer BUT this course was so Nader water on too many holes. It made play slow and you would lose your ball in the tall uncut grass. I get it the grass was high because of not being able to cut it due to the rainy conditions. But the course should not have been open for play

I Know Of One Person Who Won’t Be Returning

With the Tampa Bay area having been drenched by the hurricane & heavier-than-usual amounts of “follow-up” rain, I understand the soggy conditions that were experienced on this day; HOWEVER…it started with a greeting from the young man in the Pro Shop that came across as “forced friendliness.” When I arrived at the driving range for warm-up and set up on the teeing area, there was a sign of things to come-basically, dead grass (thankfully, I chose to wear spiked shoes and reminded myself throughout the warmup and the round that I needed to execute a controlled swing). The starter was very helpful, as he recognized that I was playing as a single and advised me of the following: 1) the Lakes Course was flooded in areas, 2) there was a group on the 1st tee and suggested that I head over to the Forest Course (which was both appreciated and happily accepted). I chose to play from the Blue Tees. As expected from my experience on the driving range, it was nearly impossible to find areas on the tee boxes where one could find a good piece of grass in order to tee the ball combined with an area which could provide you with good footing (although I did keep my swing under control for the majority of the day, there were a few occasions where my back foot would slip out from under me during the follow-through). Taking into consideration that it was impossible for the maintenance staff to get their machinery onto the fairways & the rough, they get a pass for that day; however, had the weather conditions been normal, the course conditions would more than likely been less than average (at best)-dead tee boxes, and bare spots on the fairways & some greens (please note that for the most part, the greens did roll better than average on the top-dressed areas and wherever there was grass). To make matters worse, the Forest Course is an “out and in” design, meaning that the routing does not return to the Clubhouse/Pro Shop after 9 holes. There is no “Halfway House” on the Forest Course, and there was no beverage cart to be found during my round (note to the restaurant staff: this is NOT good on a hot day).

Upon completion of the round, I decided that I had experienced enough of The Eagles and left without stooping for lunch in the Clubhouse; therefore, 1) iI can’t provide a rating, 2) since I’ve experienced my first and last visit to The Eagles, I won’t be able to do so.

I guess we can’t expect much for $35, eh?

Greens were in typically VG condition. Tee boxes as well. course was very wet due to recent rains and rough in some areas was excessive as a result.

Greens are in great shape and rolling nice on the lakes course. Considering the rainfall we've had recently the course looked and played very good.

Not The Eagles I'm Used To

Day after 4th of July has got to be one of the busiest days for a golf course...you'd think The Eagles forgot. Ran out of range balls before 7:30am, no starter to prevent groups from jumping in order, and no beverage cart the entire round.

The course itself is a great layout with lots of interesting hole shapes and raised greens, but severely needs a couple dry days so it can be cut. The greens were some of the slowest I've ever played on and a number of them had significant damage, fairways did not roll at all due to the length of the grass, and rough was long enough to make a club head disappear at address.

The Eagles is one of the better public tracks in Tampa Bay, but if it's rained in the last couple days, expect a less than stellar experience on the course.

If it was any slower, I would have fallen asleep

I wanted to play this course with my wife, because I had seen so many good reviews for this course, and I was tired of playing the local courses here in Land o lakes. I scheduled an early tee time, and thought this would be a great opportunity to get some golf in and beat the heat. Right from the start there were some issues. We had a tee time of 8:20 and we were paired with another couple. However since there was no one at the first tee to monitor the tee times, people were simply jumping ahead of us, and we did not get to tee off until 8:38. I am not the greatest player, but I can go around 18 holes in about 4 hours. Three hours later at 11:42 we had just completed 9 holes, and I was simply too tired, frustrated and exhausted to continue. No one ever came out to monitor the pace of the game play, so some players were hitting two or three times, if their ball went into the rough or water. I did not see anyone from their staff ride through to check on the course, the entire 3 hours we were playing. So there was no opportunity to ask for help in speeding up the game pace. The course was wet from last nights rain, so it was "driving on the cart path only, and I don't think I have walked that much in the last 2 years. At one point I stood in place waiting for the players ahead of me for 13 minutes. I could have kicked the golf ball in less than 13 minutes! I'm sorry, but 3 hours for 9 holes is absolutely unacceptable. Someone in management need to be more attentive to what is going on during game play, and they need to monitor the pace of play, so that it doesn't get bogged down. Either that, or they need to increase the tee times between players , so that you don't have a tee time every 5 minutes. With so many players on the course at one time, all it takes is one slow player and people start lining up like a car accident on I-75. I wont return.

Good conditions

Course was in good shape after all week rain.
Greens are in better shape.

Challenging course for the average golfer

Challenging course for me as an average golfer, but still fun since I managed to get a handful of pars. Scenic and lots of wildlife! Only issue was the unavailability of drinking water: none with the cart, or out in the course. Good thing I had a couple of jugs with me.

What happened?

A few months ago these were some of the nicest greens and fairways in the area. Now it looks like a dump. Dead spots and weeds everywhere tee to green. Maybe they just keep it nice for the snow birds?? Prices have gone up all over Tampa since the pandemic but course conditions are worse than ever. $50 after noon for what used to cost $30. No thanks.

Did not bother to play

Booked this course for two day . Played Sunday and did not bother to play on Monday, because the course had recently punched green. Tried to CXL reservation and was told I could not. Never book again. No notification stating the green had been punched. Played at Fox Hollow and the course was in great shape.

Odessa, Florida
Oldsmar, Florida
Tampa, Florida
Oldsmar, Florida
Tampa, Florida
Tarpon Springs, Florida
Palm Harbor, Florida
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course, Palm Golf Course and Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodation at The Fountains Resort Championsgate and 6 rounds of golf at Orange County Panther Lake, Orange County Crooked Cat, Omni International, Omni National, Celebration Golf Club and Falcons Fire Golf Club.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Bella Collina Country Club, Southern Dunes Golf and Country Club and The Country Club of Winterhaven.
ORLANDO, FL | Play 3 rounds of golf at Providence Golf Club, Red Tail Golf Club and Northshore Golf Club.
KISSIMMEE, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Reunion Resort and 3 days of unlimited golf at Reunion Golf Club – The Nicklaus, The Palmer and The Watson courses.