Type
Style Parkland

The history of the Scottish Borders comes alive at Minto Golf Course, an 18-hole championship run that will challenge golfers of all levels while giving them scenic views of the local countryside. Near the 17th-century village of Denholm, Minto Golf Club was established in 1928.

A mainstay of the Scottish Borders popular Freedom of the Fairways program, Minto has spent more than a decade in a non-stop effort to improve every aspect of the course. The results are well-maintained fairways and greens and a delightful round of golf. With the hard work of the dedicated staff, Minto Golf Club - set in rolling parkland with mature woodland - has earned a reputation as one of the most well-maintained golf courses in the Southern part of Scotland.

Minto GolfClub's signature hole is undoubtedly No.12, a 267-yard par 4 named "Everest." A tight drive through the tree-lined fairway is demanded, and the approach shot takes you to a a small, postage stamp green where trouble lurks behind. The No. 11 hole, named "Dunion," is possibly the most scenic hole on this incredibly scenic course, as golfers will have awe-inspiring views Dunion Hill on the left and the Border hills to the right.

Following your round at this course that plays more than 5,600 yards and to a par of 69, enjoy a relaxing time on the patio to soak in more of the brilliant Scottish Border ambiance.

Minto Golf Club
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1928

Clubhouse, Locker Rooms

lovely course well laid out in superb condition with some spctacular holes,well worth the money,we will be back again .

A gem

Fabulous course in great condition. Friendly bar staff.

Our round

First time playing this lovely course, but be prepared this is a tuff walk, felt we needed a oxygen bottle after some of the holes.
Course was in great condition, some of the views from certain tees are stunning and certainly take your breath away.
Would we play it again you bet we would.

First time at Minto

My husband and I played at Minto on 7th July on a lovely sunny day . The course was quiet and it was a pleasure to play in such a beautiful setting . The fairways were in excellent condition and although some of the greens were a bit bumpy it didn’t spoil our game. This was our first time here and we found it easy to navigate. We had a drink on the patio afterwards, the bar staff were friendly and welcoming and from what little we saw inside the clubhouse looked very smart and inviting. We would definitely like to play again sometime.

I was in the area so booked 18 holes at short notice. When I arrived at the Club I discovered my tee slot was in the middle of a Texas scramble comp. When I got to the first tee it was already being used by members. Not to worry I teed off eventually but then got held up by the groups ahead. I was one they were four players. Two groups let me through in quick succession pointing out to me that the course was now clear ahead of me which it was.The rest of my round was delay free. The course was in great condition. The greens though had been tyned recently and were a bit unpredictable. However I still had a good round. After my game I thought I would pop in to the clubhouse for a cuppa which I did. The room was full and I witnessed the prize giving for the comp which had taken place. The members were very friendly and the whole experience was very enjoyable. If I lived in the area I would certainly consider joining Minto.

A gem of a course

We played the course early morning, as it is very popular. The course is always presented in beautiful condition, it presents a good challenge for golfers of all abilities and the greens especially require your full attention. We enjoyed a very warm welcome from staff and members alike.

Minto golf club

The friendliest golf club I have ever visited , they could not do enough for us .
Brought tee forward , arranged 2. Buggies at the last minute ( which you need as very hilly course )
Chatted all around the course and after the round .

Well kept course, beautiful views

Course is well appointed & in good condition. Crossing other fairways at right angles a potential danger if the course is busy Lovely views , very well maintained. Played during Covid so no facilities open today but may be soon.

Hidden Gem

Well maintained course. Value for money was excellent. I’m a high handicap but found this course both trying and forgiving. Just wish the clubhouse had been open.
Would seriously consider joining this lovely club

The course is great to play

I will definitely be back to play had a great round

The course is MINTo

Last time I played here was about 25 years ago, it was a good course then, but has matureD into an excellent course.
Local knowledge is required on some blind holes, but don’t let that put you off.
The fairways were very lush and greens were excellent, some stunning artistry by the green keepers has to be admired.
Pace of play was ok, as I was playing myself I caught the pair in front up a few times and declined to play through as their pace was nothing be alarmed about, as well as savouring the course and views.
The rough was very forgiven unless you were well wide.
The clubhouse was not open as far as I’m aware, so no ratings for off course amenities.
Green keepers waved as the passed you, but during the current climate, I didn’t meet any other staff.
This course was used for our works outings a few times and I would have no hesitation in recommending Minto for future ones.

A well kept challenging couse

Really enjoyed our visit to Minto,. Friendly staff. Greenkeepers are doing a great job, the course was in great nick the day we visited. A good challenge for all levels of golfer. Will definitely visit again.

Everest

A challenge but very fair golf course we both (wife) really enjoyed it some really cracking holes. Course in really good condition and the staff in the club house were most helpful.

Definitely play again

Galashiels, Selkirkshire
Galashiels, Selkirkshire
Kelso, Roxburghshire
Lauder, Berwickshire
ST. ANDREWS | Enjoy 6 nights' accommodations at Ardgowan Hotel and 6 rounds of golf at Jubilee Course, Dumbarnie Links, Carnoustie, New Course, Old Course (Via Ballot), and Kingsbarns.
SOUTHWEST SCOTLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Marine Hotel at Royal Troon and 5 rounds of golf at Western Gailes, Dundonald, Prestwick, Royal Troon, and Ailsa Course (Turnberrry).
SOUTHPORT | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Vincent Hotel in Southport and 5 rounds of golf at Hillside, Royal Liverpool, Formby, Royal Lytham & St. Annes, and Royal Birkdale.
INVERNESS, SCOTLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Kingsmill Hotel at Inverness and Chester Hotel in Aberdeen and 5 rounds of golf at Castle Stuart, Royal Dornach, Cruden Bay, Royal Aberdeen, and Trump International.
FIFE, SCOTLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Ardgowan Hotel at St. Andrews and Ducks Inn in Gullane and 5 rounds of golf at Dumbarnie Links, Carnoustie, Kingsbarns, Kilspindie, and North Berwick.