A view of a fairway at Baytowne from Sandestin Resort

Baytowne Golf Club at Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort is routed from the beach to the bay, providing stunning views along the way. The course rolls across the few elevation changes that the area has to offer. Although it opened in 1984, the golf course didn't reach its peak until it underwent extensive renovation in 2005, which were carried out by the original designer, Tom Jackson. The layout features rolling fairways lined with mature pines that are generous and times but can be tight when you least expect it. The large, undulating greens can also play faster than what you might be expecting. Water, which comes into play on 12 holes, is a prominent feature of Baytowne Golf Club as are the numerous bunkers strategically placed throughout.

Sandestin - Baytowne Golf Club

Year Built 1986
Greens Tifdwarf Grass
Architect Tom Jackson (1986) Tom Jackson (2005)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Sandestin Golf Academy"

Dress code No Denim, Collared Shirt and Bermuda Shorts Required

Banquet Facilities, Spa

Fitness, Tennis

Playing Multiple Courses 20

Paired up with 3 others. Beautiful day, great company, and nice course. Couldn’t ask for a better day.

A wet one

Course was very wet, so cart path only. Greens were good. Fairways too wet and ponding in spots.

Commented on 01/14/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort!

Commented on 01/15/2021

Thanks for visiting us at Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Senior Experience

This is a beautiful layout with plenty of sand and water like most Florida courses. I was treated like a welcome guest. I am an 18 handicap senior. I played the white tees and made pars on the par 3s and par 5s but did not reach the par 4s in regulation probably because I was trying too hard for extra distance and wary of unfamiliar hazards.
I had a fun round paired with other winter visitors from out of state. Pace was a little slow for my tempo and greens were slower than my home course.

Commented on 01/08/2021

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort.

A must play golf course

This is my 3rd times playing this golf course, and because of the excessive rain it was a cart path only. I can see the repeated tire marks from many carts on the fairway grass. However, I also seen so many staff greenskeepers were really working hard to keep this golf course impeccable.
The starter named, Ed was the best he was very accommodating to every golfers requests.
Highly recommended golf course.

Commented on 01/06/2021

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Great day of golf

We had to play “carts on path only” due to 3” of rain two days before, but the course is in fabulous shape, fairways, tee’s, green’s, and bunkers, all great! Great carts with up to date technology also.

Commented on 01/06/2021

New Years Eve

Nice pace on NY weekend. Recent rain made it cart path only but understandable. Fun course

Commented on 01/14/2021

Baytowne Sandestin is an excellent track!

The fun factor is preserved at the Baytowne course Sandestin. The course is being maintained nicely for Winter conditions (overseeded). They finally groomed the bunkers after holiday hiatus, but most are in need of additional sand.

I would definitely recommend this course to locals and out of towners alike. Would love to see the establishment enclose the veranda and add a grill to enhance the overall experience.

Great winter round of golf.

Nice course was convenient to where we were staying. The course is showing its age, but was fun and challenging. Price was high as I have played cheaper better groomed courses in the pan handle. Staff was nice, starter Kenny was great. Some course grumble when a woman tees off in the morning, but not here. My wife felt right at home and had a good time. I would recommend this course.

Commented on 01/04/2021

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 01/04/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Family golf outing

Great course! Was very fair for beginners (generous fairways, very scenic views, great greens). Staff was super helpful.

Commented on 01/04/2021

Thank you so much for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort.

Family Friendly

Great course and always well kept. Out of the four Sandestin courses, it is the most family friendly and had junior tees. It has wide open fairways and is forgiving. Due to a lot of junior and beginner players, the pace can be slow. My 11 year old beginner daughter and I always have a great time playing here.

Commented on 01/04/2021

Slow greens, otherwise everything was good.

Except for the slow greens, the course is in excellent shape. Pace of play was slow (4’15 “): Staff was friendly:

Commented on 01/04/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We always aim for a 5-star experience, so we welcome the feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort.

Slow play

2 major issues. 1 greens were incredibly slow. No idea when they were last cut.

And 2 we started at 12:10 and skipped 3 holes to play the 18th. There was a 5 some that had us 45minutes behind pace. I complained and was told they dont have ranger's. I wont go back.

Commented on 01/04/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, Joe. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Good course for an outing

Enjoyed playing at this course with my daughter. The greens are in good condition but the putting green is slow. So putt accordingly to keep your scores low. Looking forward to playing here again

Commented on 01/05/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your comments are valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort thanks you!

Good course for a casual round

I enjoy playing this course. It is challeging enough to be interesting but not too difficult to be fun. I played in late December and the greens were very slow. Fairways were nice but the greens were not cut as you would expect.

Commented on 01/05/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4-stars. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 01/05/2021

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Thanks for golfing at Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort!

Request A Vacation Quote From Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Semi-Private/Resort