A view of a fairway at Baytowne from Sandestin Resort

Baytowne Golf Club at Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort is routed from the beach to the bay, providing stunning views along the way. The course rolls across the few elevation changes that the area has to offer. Although it opened in 1984, the golf course didn't reach its peak until it underwent extensive renovation in 2005, which were carried out by the original designer, Tom Jackson. The layout features rolling fairways lined with mature pines that are generous and times but can be tight when you least expect it. The large, undulating greens can also play faster than what you might be expecting. Water, which comes into play on 12 holes, is a prominent feature of Baytowne Golf Club as are the numerous bunkers strategically placed throughout.

Sandestin - Baytowne Golf Club

Year Built 1986
Greens Tifdwarf Grass
Architect Tom Jackson (1986) Tom Jackson (2005)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Sandestin Golf Academy"

Dress code No Denim, Collared Shirt and Bermuda Shorts Required

Banquet Facilities, Spa

Fitness, Tennis

Playing Multiple Courses 20

Played behind a sixsome

Course was in good shape except for one fairway (think it was 13). Greens were slow, bumpy bermuda. The only black mark on the course was the 6 some that was playing 2 groups ahead. My foursome had to wait on every hole. Ended up being a five hour round. It was surprising that a resort course didn’t have a Marshall driving around to maintain pace of play.

Commented on 09/22/2022

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Commented on 09/22/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort!

Fair track

The fairways are good size in landing areas with not too much trouble. Long distance from green to tee. They said we played to the bay, but it wasn’t that close. Our cart died at 15th hole. Had to call for a new one which was brought right away. Overall, I would try the other 2 courses before playing this one again. Middle of aeration season and the greens hadn’t come out of it yet

Commented on 09/23/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort.

Commented on 09/19/2022

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit.

We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind.

Commented on 09/19/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort!

Wet Baytowne

It had rained the night before so it was cart path only. Found standing water on some holes and it was quite mushy in places but due to the amount of rain the night before we weren't terribly disappointed. Some fairly were thin on grass but considering the conditions we enjoyed the course.

Commented on 09/23/2022

Thank you for your review, and for the 4 stars! We will pass along your feedback to our team at Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. We hope to see you again soon.

Nice Course for Intermediate Golfer

I enjoyed my round at Baytowne Golf in Santa Rosa. The course was in good condition and the pace of play was good too.

Commented on 09/08/2022

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort.

Baytowne Golf Course

Wow what a surprise. I have not played Baytowne for several months but I’ve played it at least seven or eight times in the last couple years. The greens this time were the worst they’ve ever been. Even though they did not aerate recently the greens were very very bumpy and very long and slow. It was worse than putting on most fringes on nice courses. I will not go back again this year to many other nice courses in the area

Commented on 09/06/2022

We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort!

Commented on 09/14/2022

Had fun

I played this course for the first time. Overall it was a good layout. The friendliness of the staff was awesome .

My only complaint was the Greens were a little rough but in all fairness they had been aerated a couple weeks before and the course was extremely wet but that's weather related. I look forward to playing this course again in the future.

Commented on 09/08/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your business. Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort thanks you!

Hope you like water

Went through ‘Golf Now’ for $55 for a round. Good value for that amount but wouldn’t be for say $90-$100. They'd had lots of rain so it was quite soupy which isn’t the clubs fault. Greens were below average, sandy and the ball didn’t hold its line.
Nice layout and several tee boxes to choose from. For $55 I’d play there again

Commented on 09/20/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Great Course to Visit

We knew ahead of time that the greens would be in the process of aerification, so the greens were a little slow. The rest of the course was in great shape. Mother nature had made it on the wet side, so it was super green and lush. We enjoyed our round.

Commented on 09/08/2022

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. Please visit us again soon!

Playing an old course for the first time

I played Baytown years ago. The people were very friendly and welcoming. The course was very wet but that was because of 5” of rain falling for a week before I played it. I was told at the time I called in for a tee time that the greens had been punched a very weeks earlier. They were bumpy, but nothing I didn’t expect. It’s a course for all levels of players. I will play it again.

Commented on 09/08/2022

Thanks for the great review and for choosing Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 09/06/2022

Baytowne

The people were fantastic. Friendly, warm and welcoming. The course was in excellent shape. I will be back to play again.

Commented on 08/30/2022

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort.

Enjoy this course

We enjoy playing Baytowne. Wish they’d offer a better discount for locals and for those of us who only play 9 holes.

Commented on 09/08/2022

Thank you for visiting us at Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 08/24/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort!

Commented on 08/24/2022

Overall Very good

Overall the course was in good shape except for the greens. They were aerated and quite a bit of sand on the greens so you were not getting a true read or ball roll. Also I would suggest not letting a group of six tee off in morning. Pace of play was really slow.

Commented on 08/29/2022

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope to see you again soon!

Request A Vacation Quote From Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Semi-Private/Resort
Semi-Private/Resort
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Niceville, Florida
MIRAMAR BEACH, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort and 4 rounds of golf at The Links Golf Club, Baytowne Golf Club, Raven Golf Club, and Burnt Pine Golf Club.
Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club
Best of Gulf Shores Golf Package
GULF SHORES, AL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at The Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection and 3 rounds of golf at Peninsula Golf & Racquet Club and Craft Farms Golf Resort (Cypress Bend & Cotton Creek Courses).
POINT CLEAR, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection and 2 rounds of golf at Lakewood Golf Club - Azalea & Dogwood Courses.
GREENVILLE, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Holiday Inn Express - Greenville and 2 rounds of golf at Cambrian Ridge Golf Club.