Type Semi-Private/Resort

Located right along the water, Emerald Bay Golf Club was designed by Bob Cupp to be Destin's premier full-service, 18-hole championship course. Water is a prominent feature as the course overlooks the shores Choctawhatchee Bay and incorporates water features on 12 of the holes. Oftentimes golfers will face an intimidating shot across a lake or a pond. Emerald Bay Golf Club's sculpted fairways and tight greens are always in excellent condition. There are four sets of tees that make the golf course accessible to most players' abilities and no matter what skill level you are, the views are not to be missed. The views are especially breathtaking on the back nine, which borders the bay. There is also an expansive driving range at Emerald Bay that golfers can use before playing the golf course.

Emerald Bay Golf Club

Year Built 1991
Greens TifEagle Bermuda Grass
Architect Bob Cupp (1991) Bob Cupp (2014) David Johnson (1991)

Dress code Appropriate golf attire. No denim, collared shirt required.

Anti-service

Paid full price for a course with sanded greens. Light rain with a chance of very heavy stuff later. Starter told us “make sure you don’t play any holes if you expect a rain check”. The pro shop staff laughed at us, told us we couldn’t get a rain check because we used golf pass and the sanded greens were just the way it is. Talked them into a rain check and didn’t play today. They suck.

Commented on 04/09/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Emerald Bay Golf Club.

Perfect Day!

Typical of several Nicklaus courses I've played. Large greens, wide fairways, and an abundance of risk/reward opportunities. Greens are fair, Fairways are mowed tight, Traps are large and deep. It is a challenging course, but I played well and had a great time. Friendly staff. Perfect day.

Great Course - Great Golf!

The course was in excellent shape with the exception of a few small patches of closely shaved grass (aka dirt) on a few greens. The greens rolled fairly true, and were the best greens that I’ve played in the area.

Super friendly staff and a great club house! I would play it again tomorrow if I didn’t have to head back home.

Commented on 04/06/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Emerald Bay Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 04/05/2021

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Emerald Bay Golf Club!

GolfingSarge59

The staff was very accommodating on tee times. Course condition was good..Only issue with the layout is that the houses are very close to the course, but the fairways are pretty generous. Overall it was a good experience and I would recommend it again.

Commented on 04/05/2021

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Emerald Bay Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 04/05/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing Emerald Bay Golf Club.

Great course!!!

My son and I really enjoyed playing this course. The check in experience was pleasant and we were even given a free sleeve of Srixon balls. The restaurant/snack bar had a lot of options and was reasonably priced. The starter was very friendly the pace of play was good. Now for the main part of the review- the course itself. It was very well-maintained and had a great mix of holes. It was difficult, for sure, but very fair. The greens were in great condition and felt very true. It was quite windy the day we played, but that could be overcome with well-placed shots. Overall, I felt this was a great course for the money and I would definitely play here again.

Commented on 04/05/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Emerald Bay Golf Club!

Commented on 04/05/2021

we want to hear more about your experience with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Emerald Bay Golf Club!

Have played this course a few times. Staff was very organized and pace of play was good. Course has three holes close to the ocean. Plays well for golfers with high handicap.

Commented on 04/05/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Emerald Bay Golf Club.

Commented on 04/07/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Emerald Bay Golf Club!

Commented on 04/05/2021

no reservation in pro shop for me ?!!

Enjoyed the course not happy to have to pay an additional $10 above what online booking rate was--THE Shop didn't have the Reservation in their system so they got me out for additional $10. don't know whats up with this but it has happened many times before?? Nice course though.

Commented on 03/29/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Emerald Bay Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 03/29/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us! We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Emerald Bay Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Good Golf in the Gulf

I played Emerald Bay on a fairly windy day but with otherwise beautiful weather. The course was in great shape and the greens were fair, firm and fast. I would absolutely return when in the area.

Commented on 03/29/2021

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Emerald Bay Golf Club.

Commented on 03/23/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us! Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Emerald Bay Golf Club!

Commented on 03/23/2021

Hello, We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Emerald Bay Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Semi-Private/Resort