Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club sits amongst the nature preserves that reside along Choctawhatchee Bay, enjoying scenic views and a beautiful landscape. Robert C. Walker, Arnold Palmer's former lead architect, designed the course. Water comes into play throughout in the form of sparkling blue lakes and meandering streams. The most memorable use of water comes is on the challenging 16th hole. This tricky par 4 has water to the left as well as a marsh area crossing the fairway. Being so close to the water, the golf course is often subject to strong prevailing winds. Despite its many challenges, Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club is a fair challenge that players of all skill levels can enjoy, which is perhaps why it has been called one of North America's top courses by Golf Digest.

Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club

Year Built 1996
Greens Tifdwarf Grass
Architect Robert Walker (1996)

Snacks, Restaurant, Beverage Carts

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2018 #22)

Best course in the area.

I can't say enough about this course. You just have experience it for yourself. I will play it every time I come to the Destin area.

I was a single and they charged me $16.00 to be in a cart by myself. I guess they are unaware that there is a world wide virus going on. The tee boxes were poor , no grass. Very disappointed.

Commented on 01/20/2021

Hi, u261008147. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club.

Commented on 01/20/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314161161190! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

Commented on 01/20/2021

Hello, Doughiller11. Thank you for visiting us at Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Fun to play but also challenging

This is a beautiful course, fun to play but the back nine is pretty challenging with plenty of water. You will use all your clubs especially your sand wedge! The staff are very friendly too.

Four smack talking seniors.

The mid January day was nice, sunny and a little breeze. Love watching the USAF flyovers as well as the Blue Angels! I was the youngest at 67, my 3 buddies are in their 70’s. We’re all around 10 handicappers and find the course very manageable. We play the “combo” tees and we all came in under 90 for the round. The course was in good shape, the greens are all pretty large and were very fast today. The layout offers plenty of challenges, especially if you’re like me and don’t like to “lay up”. My only complaint is lodged against a bunker rake handle, haha! When I grabbed the rake I was greeted by a couple shards of fiberglass stuck into my hand. Guess I should have used my glove hand... I did mention to the staff that the rakes need a fresh coat of varnish or something. Otherwise we had a great time as we always do.

Commented on 01/20/2021

Hello, Brian1423139. Thank you for visiting us at Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Very slow round

We waited on every hole and every shot due to two groups ahead that were extremely slow. There was no marshal to deal with this problem.

Commented on 01/14/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u000001841214! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

Outstanding Track

In from Minnesota and will be back out in April. A great track and staff/amenities make it even better. Many thanks!!

Commented on 01/14/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u771051106! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

Commented on 01/20/2021

Hello, u00000890513. Thank you for visiting us at Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 01/13/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, ron7560! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

Commented on 01/13/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u000008086901! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

What a gorgeous course. It was in great shape even with it being January. Me and the guys cannot wait to go down when it warms up and the color returns. The greens were like carpet. They were a little firm but not terrible. The staff was super friendly. They answered questions and briefed us on some course tips since it was our first time. It was well worth the 5 hour drive to play.

Commented on 01/14/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314161093164! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

Regatta Bay Golf Outing

Course was in great shape for the dead of winter. Customer service was excellent. Staff was friendly and very helpful. My favorite course to bring my friends to play.. Thank you for making our time memorable.

Commented on 01/11/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314159879622! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

Commented on 01/11/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u783679449! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

Good Course

I really like this course. The greens are in excellent shape and true. The fairways are in great shape for this time of the year. The tee boxes are a little rough.

Commented on 01/11/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, RoyRobbins! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

Great layout!!!

I played here for the first time and will be back!!! Everything about the place was top shelf. Four stars on condition only because several holes were cart path only because the course was pretty wet. Staff from the clubhouse to the starter were great people. Looking forward to returning!!!!!!!

Commented on 01/07/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, trots007! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

Semi-Private/Resort