Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club sits amongst the nature preserves that reside along Choctawhatchee Bay, enjoying scenic views and a beautiful landscape. Robert C. Walker, Arnold Palmer's former lead architect, designed the course. Water comes into play throughout in the form of sparkling blue lakes and meandering streams. The most memorable use of water comes is on the challenging 16th hole. This tricky par 4 has water to the left as well as a marsh area crossing the fairway. Being so close to the water, the golf course is often subject to strong prevailing winds. Despite its many challenges, Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club is a fair challenge that players of all skill levels can enjoy, which is perhaps why it has been called one of North America's top courses by Golf Digest.

Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club

Year Built 1996
Greens Tifdwarf Grass
Architect Robert Walker (1996)

Snacks, Restaurant, Beverage Carts

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2018 #22)

Regatta Bay Golf

The overall course would receive a 3 star rating from me due to condition of the greens and also the rough patches spread throughout the course. For the money I would not play at this course again. The tee boxes were in better than average shape the fairways were really good, the layout was very difficult for an average or below golfer. The greens in my opinion were well below average and slow. It had some great scenery with all the water around the course but when paying $140++ to play a course it needs to be immaculate. I can play average courses all day for $40-$60 a round.

Commented on 05/17/2022

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

Great course with great staff

The course was challenging with beautiful scenic and very well-maintained. The staff from the start at the desk to the individual that assisted at the end of the game were excellent. Would highly recommend this course.

Commented on 05/16/2022

Thank you for your 5-star rating and review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

The best golf course in the area

I been playing here for 2 years and I enjoyed it every time, no complains. It gets busy during tourists season, but it's busy everywhere especially during snow birds season.

Commented on 05/16/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club thanks you!

Commented on 05/12/2022

Hello and thank you for your great rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

Great layout

Greens had been aerated a week and a half earlier, but still in good shape. Course was challenging. Wish I would have played better.

Commented on 05/12/2022

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great golf course

Second time playing and will definitely be back in the future. First rate course and very friendly staff.
Great value for a fine golf experience!

Commented on 05/09/2022

Hi, thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club.

challenging but fun

It's been about 4 years since I played here but I liked the changes made to the course, especially #17. Greens were recently punched and sanded and rolled a little slow. Play was slow also. Well over 4 and half hours but that didn't take away from a very good experience. Will play here again for sure

Commented on 05/09/2022

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club.

First time at course

Even though they had aerated the week before the course was amazing. Playable and not too punitive for the weekend golfer. Staff was friendly and the pace of play was normal. Great views from the tee and not just a grip it and rip it course. I would definitely go back for another round.

Slow play

had a couple of 5-somes ahead of us which caused slow play. allow 5-somes for members.

Commented on 05/12/2022

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club.

FL Trip 2022

Thoroughly enjoyed the course. Even after aeration, the greens weren’t too bad. I played the course about 7 years ago and forgot how challenging it is. We’ll definitely return!!

Commented on 05/05/2022

Commented on 05/05/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

Commented on 05/02/2022

Tough course when you don't play the tees you should be on.

Made the mistake of looking at old scorecard online the night before and deciding to play the whites. When my friend and I got there, we were paired with 2 others who informed us they were playing white tees - seemed like things were all good. We played 11 holes, losing several balls over quite a few forced carries ( being a senior golfer, I don't hit long drives anymore). That's when we looked at the actual scorecard and saw we had been playing from 6300+ yard tees. After moving up to the gold/green tees we played more to our ability and enjoyed the rest of the round. The greens had just been aerated but didn't roll as bad as some do. It is a pretty course and classy facility.

Commented on 05/06/2022

Hello, thank you for visiting us at Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Bad timing

We made our reservation on line and we’re unaware that the greens has been punched and sanded. The course is beautiful and lots of water hazards. Other than not knowing the course maintenance issue, it was good.

Commented on 05/02/2022

Hello, thank you for visiting us at Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club! We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Semi-Private/Resort
Niceville, Florida
Semi-Private/Resort
Shalimar, Florida
3.2619235294
MIRAMAR BEACH, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort and 4 rounds of golf at The Links Golf Club, Baytowne Golf Club, Raven Golf Club & Burnt Pine Golf Club.
GULF SHORES, AL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at The Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection and 3 rounds of golf at Peninsula Golf & Racquet Club and Craft Farms Golf Resort (Cypress Bend & Cotton Creek Courses).
Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club
Best of Gulf Shores Golf Package
POINT CLEAR, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection and 2 rounds of golf at Lakewood Golf Club - Azalea & Dogwood Courses.
MOBILE, AL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Magnolia Grove Golf Club (Crossings & Falls Courses) and Lakewood Golf Club (Azalea or Dogwood Course).