Formerly home to a turpentine plantation, the site now offers one of the most environmentally sensitive courses in northwest Florida, Kelly Plantation. The golf course sits along the shores of the Choctawhatchee Bay, sprawling across a waterfront landscape of towering trees and swampy bayous. The course features large, contoured greens and wide, manicured fairways that are in excellent condition but can also be tricky to navigate. The strategically placed hazards also require some careful maneuvering. In addition to being a challenging round, the golf course is also known for its stunning scenic appeal. Throughout the layout, golfers can enjoy panoramic views across the bay to the abundant magnolias and palmettos that are native to Florida's northwest region. For these reasons, Kelly Plantation has received high praise from publications such as Golf Digest and Golf Magazine.

Kelly Plantation Golf Club

Year Built 1998
Architect Fred Couples (1998) Gene Bates (1998) Bob Cupp (1998) Michael Riley (1998)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Strano Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover

Snacks, Restaurant

I lost a headcover while I was playing. When I finished my round, I went into the clubhouse to give my name and phone number. Instead, the general manager just gave a brand new one that perfectly fit my set and thanked me for the business. I would highly recommend this course.

Awesome course

The staff was really awesome and the course was awesome

Great course, definitely worth it!

Played this course with my bro in law for the first time and we had an awesome time. The course was in excellent condition, from the tee boxes to fairways, bunkers, and greens. The course was challenging but fun., Marshall’s and cart girls were friendly and pace of play was good for a Friday morning. We were in a foursome and finished in just under four hours. It’s a little more than I would want to pay for a round of golf but figured I wouldn’t splurge on the vacation.

Great Round at a great course

This course is 100% worth the money. Greens are perfect and receptive, but still putt true and fast. Fairways were immaculate. It obviously was a little hot today, but manageable early in the morning.

Great afternoon

Played with my son-in-law. Had a very enjoyable afternoon even though the heat index was above 100 degrees. Very few players on the course, The only pair on the course that we caught up with let us through so we managed to play the round in less than 3.5 hours. Course in great shape.

Destin golf

Destin is by far my favorite place to play. The golf courses are all pretty much the best I’ve ever played on and of course they are proud of them and it’s understandable. With that being said I wouldn’t play here more than once a year do to the prices but it is definitely a once in a life time experience and a must play course in my opinion.

Best course I’ve ever played!

Easily the nicest course I’ve ever played. There are several in he Emerald Coast area that were great, but this place takes the cake. Also, happened to be the hardest course I’ve ever played. Friendly staff, great amenities and wonderful overall experience.

My 16 year old daughter and myself came in from Oklahoma and played here fir the first time ever. We had a great time. Course was beautiful and the staff was wonderful. Thank you Kelly Plantation.

OVER PRICED-OVER RATED

Not what we had hoped for or expected.. save ur money.

Commented on 07/23/2021

My name is Ashton Crowe. I am fortunate to be the P.G.A. General Manager here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. I want to personally thank you for joining us to play this Championship course. I noticed your review was posted without any explanation as to what made you feel we didn't meet your expectations. As a staff, we work to provide each individual member and patron a truly memorable "Golf Experience" and by 99.8% of our reviews, we do just that. If you could kindly supply details on where you feel we could improve, I will certainly comment back to you on them. Again we appreciate any constructive criticism you can provide. It will only help possibly educate you more about the course and allow us to see areas that may need attention, per your opinion. I look forward to hearing from you. Please come back and see us again. Thank you.

Ashton Crowe P.G.A.

The Experience

One of the greatest experiences of my golfing career. Was able to take my two sons that are under the age of 13 and have a blast. I highly recommend Kelley Plantation to everyone of all ages

Great day today

Course in great shape, greens rolling true just a tad slow. Dodged the rain and a hole in one on 17 made our day !

A GREAT Place To Play

Took a spur of the moment trip to Destin. When we got there I researched the local golf courses. For my first outing I picked Kelly Plantation. What a GREAT pick it was!! This course is beautiful and well maintained. But as a customer service nut, I must say, the staff from the maintenance guys all the way up to the General Manager, Ashton Crowe, are SUPER!! EVERYONE was friendly, courteous and just made me want to come back. So Ashton, hold that Palm Tree shirt for me in a 2XL!!! I WILL definitely be back!!!

Thank You for the kindness, friendly and welcoming environment!!

Larry Brown - Texas

Excellent

Course and staff were phenomenal! Couldn’t be more pleased with my decision to play KellY Plantation. Be sure to arrive early to take advantage of the practice facilities.

What a gem!

Came into Destin for vacation and a buddy recommended Kelly Plantation. From the moment I arrived, I haven’t been to a more hospitable course! Mr. Rod was attentive and gracious and Ashton made my first time at the course unforgettable. Holes #3 and #4 are picturesque and remind me of something you would see on a postcard. Each hole has character and it was challenging, but a fair course. Course is in tremendous shape and plays true. I plan on coming back and will highly recommend Kelly to everyone back home.

4.4419705882
Semi-Private/Resort
Niceville, Florida
4.2098294118
Semi-Private/Resort
Shalimar, Florida
Miramar Beach, Florida
MIRAMAR BEACH, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort and 4 rounds of golf at The Links Golf Club, Baytowne Golf Club, Raven Golf Club & Burnt Pine Golf Club.
Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club
Gulf Shores Golf Around Package
Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores and 2 rounds of golf at Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club & Craft Farms Golf Resort (either Cypress Bend or Cotton Creek Course).
Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club
Best of Gulf Shores Golf Package
Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores and 4 rounds of golf at Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club, Craft Farms Golf Resort Cypress Bend & Cotton Creek Courses.
GULF SHORES, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores and 3 rounds of golf at Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club & Craft Farms Golf Resort (Cypress Bend or Cotton Creek Course).
GULF SHORES, AL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores and 4 rounds of golf at Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club & Craft Farms Golf Resort (Cypress Bend & Cotton Creek Courses).