Formerly home to a turpentine plantation, the site now offers one of the most environmentally sensitive courses in northwest Florida, Kelly Plantation. The golf course sits along the shores of the Choctawhatchee Bay, sprawling across a waterfront landscape of towering trees and swampy bayous. The course features large, contoured greens and wide, manicured fairways that are in excellent condition but can also be tricky to navigate. The strategically placed hazards also require some careful maneuvering. In addition to being a challenging round, the golf course is also known for its stunning scenic appeal. Throughout the layout, golfers can enjoy panoramic views across the bay to the abundant magnolias and palmettos that are native to Florida's northwest region. For these reasons, Kelly Plantation has received high praise from publications such as Golf Digest and Golf Magazine.

Kelly Plantation Golf Club

Year Built 1998
Architect Fred Couples (1998) Gene Bates (1998) Bob Cupp (1998) Michael Riley (1998)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Strano Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover

Snacks, Restaurant

Pace of play

I love this golf course. It is absolutely fine. I played as a one some today because I’m out of town. I would rather the course have told me that it would be better another day due to who was playing in front of me. There was a group of 5 in front of me and a group of 4 in front of them. Both groups pace of play was fine. I left the course after 7 holes because I just couldn’t wait any longer. I would ask with all sincerity and not out of distaste that the staff inform someone that they will have a very long and slow golf round if playing as a group of 1. I understand things can be slow but informing a guest of a 4-5 some in front of the and another in front of that ((tee times) would be of GREAT VALUE to the guest. The staff could not be nicer from beginning to end.

Nice day at Kelly Plantation

Good course, very fair for women and old guys. Good greens, well maintained course. Friendly staff, great starter, and good food in the restaurant. Liked it so much, we will go back Thursday.

This course and it's staff are top class!

The course conditions were great! The early rain caused me to cancel my tee time. Fortunately I called after the rain and was able to play. I met a club member on the range and he was kind enough to play a round with me. After my round I was looking to purchase a souvenir, but the staff was exiting the clubhouse. That's when the Head P.G.A Golf Professional Ashton Crowe made it his personal business to help me. He escorted me back in and treated me like an old friend. I'll definitely play at Kelly Plantation golf course again.

Commented on 01/14/2021

I go to Destin every year and most of my golf is played at Kelly for three reasons: good layout, great conditions and tremendous staff. The greens are super! And Ashton Crowe - the Director Of Golf - does a fantastic job. He's become a friend as we spend so much time at Kelly each year. This past year I also had a great interaction with Grant Pedersen - the assistant golf pro. He, like Ashton, understands what it means to serve!
A special call out to Rob who works in the cart area. He was incredibly helpful each day and went out of his way to make each round special. There is a reason I keep coming back to Kelly every time I'm in Destin: it's the best course with the best people.......period!

Great course, Great people

Course was in pristine shape, greens were the fastest I’ve ever played. The starter (Kim) is a great ambassador for your facility. She went out of her way to make us feel welcome and get us acclimated. Beverage cart girl was excellent and gentleman bartender was great as well! Thanks for a perfect day of golf! Can’t wait to return.

Best Destin Course Yet!

Awesome course, super friendly staff! Been in Destin area 14 days, played golf 8 days, this is the best yet! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Great course!

Played here for the first time 1/5/2021. Head Pro Ashton Crowe was great, checked us in and gave us a good course introduction. Sparky the starter dialed us in on course details and his fav holes and holes to strategize our options. CL Sanders course ranger gave us some great dining tips for the area. Brooklyn the beverage cart operator visited us several times and kept us hydrated. Played combo tees around 6100 yards and my wife played Magnolia tees, perfect for both of us to enjoy the course. Greens were fantastic, speedy but manageable. Great lies for winter golf. Challenging layout with plenty of water hazards and bunkers which were very well maintained. Played in three hours forty five min. Wrapped up the round with Travis Johnson taking care if our clubs and giving us some of his favorite watering holes to visit while in town. Enjoyed the golf course and staff so much we came back the next day! Definitely a must play course while in the Destin area.

One of my favorite golf course in the area

Every time that I play golf here they always treat me like a VIP. I just love coming back to play this golf course because I will never get bored playing this golf course over and over again.
The starter today is a new guy named, Sparky and he seemed to be trained well as a great starter. Awesome customer service and business minded person. He made sure that I am well informed of what is going on in the club. Thumbs up!

Beautiful day at a fun course

My daughter & I played as a twosome. The course was in pretty good shape and the staff was awesome.
We had a great time.

Love this course

Always love playing Kelly. Friendly staff and course always in great shape and just a fun course!!!

Another Great Outing

For the past several years we've traveled with a group of friends to the coast around New Year's, and whenever possible, a round or two at Kelly Plantation is part of the holiday celebration schedule. I love playing this course--it presents just the right amount of challenge. This time the greens seemed faster than usual, yet it was still a fun outing. The staff is friendly, and the head pro, Ashton Crowe, goes out of his way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. I'll happily go back again and again.

Awesome golf course!

Best place to play in Destin area! For the last 4 years my family has vacation in Destin/Miramar Beach and every time I come back to play Kelly Plantation
It’s worth every penny !

Great Course - Slow Play

I love this course but did not plan on a 4 1/2 - 5 hour round. They stacked the course and according to the GPS I was on pace but I was not able to play the last hole due to time and darkness.

During a less busy time, this would have been a fabulous experience.

Semi-Private/Resort