Formerly home to a turpentine plantation, the site now offers one of the most environmentally sensitive courses in northwest Florida, Kelly Plantation. The golf course sits along the shores of the Choctawhatchee Bay, sprawling across a waterfront landscape of towering trees and swampy bayous. The course features large, contoured greens and wide, manicured fairways that are in excellent condition but can also be tricky to navigate. The strategically placed hazards also require some careful maneuvering. In addition to being a challenging round, the golf course is also known for its stunning scenic appeal. Throughout the layout, golfers can enjoy panoramic views across the bay to the abundant magnolias and palmettos that are native to Florida's northwest region. For these reasons, Kelly Plantation has received high praise from publications such as Golf Digest and Golf Magazine.

Kelly Plantation Golf Club

Year Built 1998
Architect Fred Couples (1998) Gene Bates (1998) Bob Cupp (1998) Michael Riley (1998)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Strano Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover

Snacks, Restaurant

Commented on 12/02/2022

We appreciate the excellent review. Our goal is to provide a world class experience for every golfer that plays our golf course. We look forward to hosting your group again in the future.

Good Experience

Fair and fun course in great off season condition.

Commented on 12/02/2022

Thank you for leaving a wonderful review of our golf course. I am glad that you pointed out that Kelly Plantation is a fun golf course that is fair for every golfer of all skill levels. We look forward to hosting your group again.

Good but expensive

This is a beautiful course that was in great shape. Tee boxes had been recently re-sodded and the greens were the best I've seen for this area. We played on a Saturday that threatened a downpour, so there were few golfers on the course, which made the day much more enjoyable. Play this course once a year because its too expensive, given other options in the local area. Course just isn't that special to justify the greens fees. Wish they had a discount program like their neighbor course, so I could play here more often. Kelly has wide fairways but not really as challenging as I would have expected. While the course has water along several fairways, you don't have to hit over water or natural areas, to many of the greens. Greens aren't really protected either, as you can usually roll shots onto the green.. I'm a 70year old 16 handicap and if I hit a drive over 210, I've hit a great shot. Still managed an 82, which shows you the course difficulty., If you're visiting the area, this is a good course to play if you can play at a time when greens fees are more reasonable. Otherwise, there are other courses just as enjoyable but more reasonably priced..

Commented on 12/05/2022

We appreciate you being a loyal patron at Kelly Plantation Golf Club and commenting that our greens are the best you have seen in the area. Many golf clubs in the area reduce their green fees this time of the year for our northern friends. We too have reduced our rates in recognition of our northern friends from $189 to $99. We put a premium on course conditions and pace of play. By offering golf at a slightly higher rate, we are not over-crowded which allows for the proper pace of play and helps maintains great course conditions during the winter months. We have wide fairways that help make the game more enjoyable and we have 9 sets of tee boxes to choose from so that you can play a distance that fits your game. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

Very good course. Well maintained. Staff were very friendly especially Ashton Crowe. He was very helpful. Had a good time. Would definitely play again when we come back to Destin.

This course and staff should get 6 stars.

Everyone at Kelly Plantation was so knowledgeable and courteous throughout the whole process. We came down for the week from the Woodlands Texas. After my round a gentleman named Ashton Crowe came up and helped me book a Ttime for the next day. Come to find he is the Director of Golf and added me to his threesome for the followingday. What a great place!! Keep it up Ashton.

Kelly Plantation

Great day! Course and practice facilities were in great shape.

Kelly Plantation Staff

My wife and I have traveled to NW Florida every year for golf vacations for over 25 years. We have played just about every course along the panhandle. Most of the area courses are excellent in terms of layout, condition, etc. But the thing that separates Kelly Plantation from all of the other courses is the exceptional staff. I am convinced that you can't teach people to care. They either do or they don't, and the secret sauce to running an outstanding organization is to only hire people that care. From the time you pull up in front to drop off yours clubs, to the wait staff in the clubhouse, to the course rangers. Everyone goes out of their way to may sure you have an exceptional experience. Ashton Crowe, the general manager, has surrounded himself with people that truly care and that makes the difference. - Marty & Lucy Blair

Really great course

We golfed daily for a week and this was our favorite course! Greens run very true, course in great shape and staff extremely welcoming!

Great Shape

Course was in great shape and greens rolled really nice. Always a favorite when in Destin.

Commented on 10/28/2022

Our golf course maintenance staff puts lots of time and effort into maintaining the golf course conditions. We appreciate you taking the time to recognize their efforts in the review.

We look forward to your next visit when you are in Destin.

Golf Trip

This was our 9th straight year going to Kelly Plantation as part of our annual golf trip and this course remains the highlight of the trip. The entire staff treated us like we were longtime members of the club, whether it was Ashton Crowe and Spence Fikes from their management team or Jessie and Erica from the restaurant and beverage cart. The course is, and always has been, in great shape! The greens rolled smooth for all three rounds we played here and there are more improvements coming in the near future.

The updated pro shop had plenty of new merchandise to take back home with you and our group is very much looking forward to our 10th annual trip down next October!

You all know how to welcome us every year and greatly appreciate the hospitality!

Commented on 10/28/2022

I am delighted to read that every team member your group encountered provided world class customer service. As you have experienced , our golf course maintenance staff keeps the course in peak condition. The greens roll smooth because of our superintendents meticulous attention with his staff and his training practices. Thanks for recognizing how the brand new club house renovations enhance the golf shopping experience.

We appreciate your loyalty and continued support of playing our golf club every year.

We look forward to seeing you all in 2023 for your 10th annual trip..

Commented on 10/28/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to leave an excellent review. We look forward to your next visit.

Great time

Course was great - staff was absolutely awesome. Shop pros, starter, cart girl and the big guy cleaning our clubs at the end were absolutely the best most friendly folks I have ever experienced at a golf course. - great job hiring. Service like that is hard to find anymore.

Commented on 10/20/2022

We take great pride in our staff and the level of customer service we provide. When hiring we focus on hiring people who want to be here long term and want to be a part of a family that strives to provide a world class experience for every patron who visits Kelly Plantation Golf Club. I appreciate you taking the time to leave this 5 star review and recognizing our staff for a job well done. We look forward to your next visit.

The course is beautiful!

The course is beautiful, the staff are super friendly and the food in the club house was superb! We will definitely be back!!

Commented on 10/20/2022

Thank you for noticing the amazing job our maintenance staff does to keep our golf course beautiful, the wonderfully prepared food in the restaurant and the overall staff friendliness in every department. We appreciate you taking the time to share your expoerience and look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Worth Playing, Like Raven Better

We played both the Raven and Kelly. I liked Raven better overall. Kelly's greens were fantastic, best greens I've ever played. I would recommend playing. The apples at the turn are awesome. The starter was great. Pace of play was good, we played on a Sunday. The only reason I didn't give it an excellent in conditions is the bunkers, I feel they could look a little prettier for a course of this caliber.

Commented on 10/23/2022

Thank you for the compliment about our greens. Our maintenance staff works diligently to ensure we are in peak condition daily. As you mentioned from our outstanding customer service to our delicious cold apples on 10 tee it was an excellent experience. I am glad you got to play another course on your trip, and you enjoyed them as well. Destin is a great spot to visit, and the area has many great golf courses.

We look forward to your next visit to Kelly Plantation Golf Club.

Commented on 10/15/2022

We appreciate you choosing to play at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. We are glad you enjoyed your experience and thank you for the 5 Star review.

Semi-Private/Resort
Niceville, Florida
Semi-Private/Resort
Shalimar, Florida
Miramar Beach, Florida
MIRAMAR BEACH, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort and 4 rounds of golf at The Links Golf Club, Baytowne Golf Club, Raven Golf Club, and Burnt Pine Golf Club.
Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club
Best of Gulf Shores Golf Package
GULF SHORES, AL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at The Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection and 3 rounds of golf at Peninsula Golf & Racquet Club and Craft Farms Golf Resort (Cypress Bend & Cotton Creek Courses).
POINT CLEAR, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection and 2 rounds of golf at Lakewood Golf Club - Azalea & Dogwood Courses.
MOBILE, AL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at the Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa and 3 rounds of golf at Magnolia Grove Golf Club (Crossings & Falls Courses) and Lakewood Golf Club (Azalea or Dogwood Course).