Raven at Sandestin Resort: #4

Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort offers four 18-hole, championship courses designed by three renowned architects. Raven Golf Club, designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., was carefully carved through marshes, native wetlands, and towering pine forests. Jones created a layout that is hailed for being both modern and traditional. It is also notable for how it seamlessly flows into the surrounding nature. The golf course offers plenty of variety both in shot options and visual scenery. The diverse holes are accented by dramatic changes in color and texture throughout the landscape. Water comes into play frequently and there are a number of strategically placed sand traps. Golfers are presented with a myriad of different ways to play each hole, which means thoughtful strategy is a necessity. The golf course's large, undulating greens also make proper club selection essential.

Sandestin - Raven Golf Club

Greens Tifeagle
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Jr. (2000)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Sandestin Golf Academy"

Dress code No Denim, Collared Shirt and Bermuda Shorts Required

Banquet Facilities, Spa

Fitness, Tennis

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2018 #29)

Playing Multiple Courses 26

Commented on 07/21/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Raven at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort!

Excellent, even in the Rain.

Teed off with another single in the rain for the first 7 holes. Stayed under my umbrella and kept the grips dry. The course was in great shape, rough only for carts, but that’s no big deal. Greens were true and quick only slowed by the rain. Avoided one wet spot on a green due to rain but other then that i have only good things to say.

Commented on 07/20/2021

Commented on 07/19/2021

Commented on 07/16/2021

Thank you for visiting us at Raven at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Awesome Course

I always try to play Raven when in town. My only “complaint” is that residual sand from either aeration or simple top dressing was present on the greens. They rolled pretty smooth, but seemed slow.

Yea

Course was in great shape. The pace of play was the fastest I’ve ever had. We were on #13 before we ran into our first group and that was at the 2 hour mark. Even after running into the group in front we still finished in about 3:30.

Commented on 07/15/2021

Beautiful Course

Top 5 course I've ever played and I've played Pebble Beach, Spanish Bay & TPC Sawgrass was in great condition all around loved the layout!!

Raven

Great course. Definitely on list when we return to Destin. Beautiful lay out.

Didn’t play

This website is deceiving !! When I booked it said 7/09 but after I paid it was scheduled for 7/10 and there was no way to stop the payment.. I called the number on the confirmation but no answer!! So I paid for 2 and did not get to play

Commented on 07/12/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review and leave your feedback of your recent round with us. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at the course with us. Your feedback is extremely important to us. It is always our utmost goal to provide our golfers with a fun and enjoyable time and apologize if we missed the mark. For further resolution in this matter, please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop with your confirmation number. We hope to hear from you soon!

Hot Day. Nice Course

Staff in the pro shop was a bit friendlier today. Starter was nice enough. Got paired with a single & a father daughter combo. Everyone was nice.
Course was still wet, but at least we got to go 90* rule on the fairways. Greens rolled true & were in good condition. Worth the money over the Links & Baytowne courses.

Commented on 07/09/2021

Commented on 06/29/2021

Good minus the amenities

No drink service or service at the turn. 7a tee time and clubhouse didn’t open until 6:40. All sorts of people trying to check in for tee times across two courses. Need to open earlier.

Commented on 06/28/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Raven at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort!

Commented on 06/28/2021

Great course. Just ridiculous you have to pay 145 for cart path only. (I get the rain and understand protecting fairways). Reduced fee would be nice

Commented on 06/24/2021

Commented on 06/24/2021

Definitely a shot makers course, stay in the fairway or you’ll pay. Greens rolled fantastic to had been aerated a few weeks before

Commented on 06/20/2021

Well maintained RTJ, Jr course is well worth it.

Just what you should expect for RTJ, jr layout. This course get a lot of play so the staff is pushed but they could be a little more friendly. Pro shop attendees were short on words, the starter was overly regimented. My tee time was mysteriously move up ten minutes from my confirmed time so warmup was cut short.

Commented on 06/18/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Raven at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort.

Good course

The Raven was a great experience. My son and I played and were impressed. The course is in great shape, well-maintained. The greens rolled great. The only critique I would have was the limited food and drink options. It was a hot day but there was no water on the course as the half-way house was closed. I assume it was just closed for the day.

Worth the cost

Commented on 06/18/2021

Request A Vacation Quote From Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Semi-Private/Resort
4.1991058824
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Semi-Private/Resort
Niceville, Florida
Destin, Florida
MIRAMAR BEACH, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort and 4 rounds of golf at The Links Golf Club, Baytowne Golf Club, Raven Golf Club & Burnt Pine Golf Club.
Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club
Gulf Shores Golf Around Package
Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores and 2 rounds of golf at Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club & Craft Farms Golf Resort (either Cypress Bend or Cotton Creek Course).
Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club
Best of Gulf Shores Golf Package
Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores and 4 rounds of golf at Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club, Craft Farms Golf Resort Cypress Bend & Cotton Creek Courses.
GULF SHORES, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores and 3 rounds of golf at Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club & Craft Farms Golf Resort (Cypress Bend or Cotton Creek Course).
GULF SHORES, AL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores and 4 rounds of golf at Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club & Craft Farms Golf Resort (Cypress Bend & Cotton Creek Courses).