Raven at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort in Miramar Beach, Florida, USA | GolfPass
Raven at Sandestin Resort: #4

Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort offers four 18-hole, championship courses designed by three renowned architects. Raven Golf Club, designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., was carefully carved through marshes, native wetlands, and towering pine forests. Jones created a layout that is hailed for being both modern and traditional. It is also notable for how it seamlessly flows into the surrounding nature. The golf course offers plenty of variety both in shot options and visual scenery. The diverse holes are accented by dramatic changes in color and texture throughout the landscape. Water comes into play frequently and there are a number of strategically placed sand traps. Golfers are presented with a myriad of different ways to play each hole, which means thoughtful strategy is a necessity. The golf course's large, undulating greens also make proper club selection essential.

Sandestin - Raven Golf Club

Greens Tifeagle
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Jr. (2000)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Sandestin Golf Academy"

Dress code No Denim, Collared Shirt and Bermuda Shorts Required

Banquet Facilities, Spa

Fitness, Tennis

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2018 #29)

Playing Multiple Courses 26

I enjoyed playing here, I would play it again. Highly recommended!

Commented on 08/17/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Raven at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort!

Commented on 08/08/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Raven at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort!

Definitely A Track Worth Playing

I was in town with in-laws and came as a single to get away. Got paired with another single, and the twosome scheduled with us was a no show.

My playing partner and I had nearly identical distances, misses and handicaps— we were playing quickly out of one cart, in other words. Still, we never felt like we were waiting an unreasonable amount of time on a course full of foursomes.

The track was very fun, with a mix of challenges but forgiving of small misses. I found the fairway bunkers well placed when playing the correct tees, the looks into the greens with any pin placement very much the same, and a variety of course defenses that kept it interesting.

Course was due aerification in a few days, but it was still pristine. Rained all day prior to my round, and for 30m on us, and not a complaint. Greens were spotless and rolled true and fair, rough was manicured but still punitive.

I will 100% play it again if I return.

Commented on 08/12/2022

Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Raven at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort!

Commented on 08/08/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Raven at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort.

1st Go here

I really liked the course and would play it again but they allowed a 5 some in-front of us that that turned into a 6 some somewhere we couldn’t discern. Only negative here

Commented on 08/09/2022

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your feedback to our team at Raven at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Slow

There were 2 sixsomes and a fivesome on the course and they didn’t seem to care or do anything about it. After 5+ hour round and 4 groups waiting to tee on 18 I decided to call it.

Commented on 08/03/2022

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

July 28, 2022 review

Tee time was 3pm on a Thursday. Pace of play was excellent. Friendly staff but horrible greens. Extremely poor greens conditions. Would not play again

Commented on 08/09/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us, and for the 3 stars. We're sorry to hear the greens may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round. We appreciate your feedback as we work to make any necessary improvements. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we hope to see you again in the future at Raven at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort.

Commented on 08/01/2022

We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Raven at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort!

Nice course.

This is a really nice course that is fun to play! Wide fairways and big greens. At $145/person it is a little over priced in my opinion. I would have liked the greens to have been faster. My only complaint is that my son and I were trying to enjoy a round of golf together then on hole #4 a single player basically played into us. We tried to let him play through but he was told he had to play with us. The course was not over crowded and pace of play was good considering it was cart path only and intermittently raining. No one me mentioned that we would be paired with other people. I do not enjoy playing with people I don’t know and for $300 we should have been able to play as a twosome. He added 45-60 minutes to our round which made us late for our other family plans.

Commented on 07/26/2022

Thank you for your review and for the 4 stars. We will pass along your feedback to our team at Raven at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 07/25/2022

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Raven at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Best Course We've Played in Destin

Destin is an annual vacation spot my family and we always carve out one day for the men to scratch the golf itch at a local course. We've played Indian Bayou, Regatta Bay, and one of the other public Sandestin courses, but finally booked a round at Raven GC this year. While there are many others we have yet to play, this one was easily the best course we've experienced thus far. Difficult enough to challenge the scratch golfers in my party but friendly enough to accommodate the wannabes like myself. Well maintained from tee to green, beautiful surroundings, and overall just a better bang for our buck compared to some of the pricier courses we've played. Definitely worth adding to your list!

Commented on 07/27/2022

Thanks for the amazing review and for choosing Raven at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. We hope to see you again during your next trip to Destin!

Commented on 07/25/2022

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star and thanks for choosing Raven at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort!

Great course and fun to play

Course was really well maintained and had a great layout. Not too challenging, but definitely some areas that would keep you on your toes.

The one complaint is we were given a hard time about keeping pace of play by the starter, and the 4some in front of us literally took 5 hours to play 18 holes with no offer for us to play through. Someone pushing them along would have been nice.

Commented on 07/21/2022

Thank you for your review! We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced and we will pass along your feedback to our team at Raven at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Amenities are very limited

No water on the golf course. No trash cans on the golf course. No bathrooms on the golf course. Once you tee off you won't return to the clubhouse until you finish 18 holes, as the 10th tee is miles from the clubhouse. We endured a 5+ hour round of golf in 95° Florida summer heat and it was just miserable waiting on every shot. I ran out of my water somewhere on the back nine with no option to refill it. I suppose I could have grabbed some water from the lakes and ponds surrounding the course if I got desperate. Frankly, the clubhouse is extremely insufficient even with regards to the bathroom. If you have more than one person who needs to use the restroom you have to wait. For as much as Sandestin charges, they sure don't provide any service to support the price tag. And food and beverage service is just so bad to be just beyond a joke. Golf course itself was in good shape, but I can play my home course, which is in better shape and at least have plenty of amenities along with it so I don't become dangerously dehydrated halfway through my round with no options to overcome that. Horrible service, horrible resort, and don't even get me started on the nightmare that Destin traffic has become. An overcrowded, massively overpriced mess. I won't be coming back any time soon. And perhaps that's the angle that Destin was going for, because there are already too many people anyway. One less will only make them happy.

Commented on 07/21/2022

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear your experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for choosing Raven at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort.

Commented on 07/11/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Raven at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort!

Raven

Primary issue was the lack of access to drinking water on the course on a day when it was 90+ with 90% humidity. Also, the towels In the cart were dirty. No attendants met us after the round to assist with bags. Not what you would expect for a $150 round of golf.

Commented on 07/19/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Raven at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Just as advertised

Would like to have seen adjustments throughout the round to at least 90 degree driving. Greens were very slow but understandable won’t be conditions previous day. Just as advertised, will be back.

Commented on 07/19/2022

Thank you for visiting us at Raven at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. We appreciate your 5-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Request A Vacation Quote From Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Semi-Private/Resort
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Semi-Private/Resort
4.3819588235
4.4691941176
Niceville, Florida
Destin, Florida
MIRAMAR BEACH, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort and 4 rounds of golf at The Links Golf Club, Baytowne Golf Club, Raven Golf Club, and Burnt Pine Golf Club.
Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club
Best of Gulf Shores Golf Package
GULF SHORES, AL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at The Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection and 3 rounds of golf at Peninsula Golf & Racquet Club and Craft Farms Golf Resort (Cypress Bend & Cotton Creek Courses).
POINT CLEAR, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection and 2 rounds of golf at Lakewood Golf Club - Azalea & Dogwood Courses.
GREENVILLE, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Holiday Inn Express - Greenville and 2 rounds of golf at Cambrian Ridge Golf Club.