Boca Royale Golf and Country Club

Greens Champion Ultradwarf Grass

Pitching/Chipping Area No

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Walking Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire is required. No denim or short shorts

Fitness, Tennis

Dinner 23

GolfNow SHOULD SUSPEND THIS COURSE FROM THEIR APP!

If you are not a member of Boca Royale, I'd suggest you find another course nearby. For starters, you cannot use the driving range unless you are a member. Secondly, the starter will scream at you (yes, he actually shouted at us) for being even 1,000 yards (the tee box or first hole was not even possible to see it was so far away) near the first tee box if your tee time is still 6 minutes or more away. Nobody had teed off for 25-30 minutes, he still would not let us tee off early because "we purchased through GolfNow", which I can be ok with! Yet then a twosome teed off at 12:30, he would not let us (a threesome) go to the tee box a single second before 12:40. In between this time he berated, smoked about 15 cigarettes, and belittled us for not being members. After that, we teed off at 12:41, and he let a single (member of course proven by their custom golf cart) go RIGHT behind us, proving his strict regard for tee times only was important for non-members.

I'm not done! The quality of the course (I've golfed at 25+ local courses in the last year) is below-average at best. Texture of the fairways isn't anything to boast about, tee boxes are typically filled with divots or overly long grass (there was only one DECENT tee box), many of the greens have burnt out spots, and chipping/pitching around the greens isn't easy with the texture of the grass being poorly manicured.

If I have golfed at 25 courses in the last year within an hour drive of this course, id choose 23 of them over this one. Do yourself a favor if you plan to golf here, google "golf courses near me", and I promise you will find at least 5 courses within a 5 mile radius that are in better condition, more welcoming by the employees, and more challenging!!!

Starter was nasty

Having played this course about a dozen times in the past 2 years yesterday will be the last time, not that they care at all. I probably wouldn't even be writing this rule if it were not for the ignorant starter. First , when we approached the range area we heard someone yell from under a tree " you cant go past me until 12:40 ( our tee time was 12:45 ). We asked " well can we use the range"?. NO members only. Ok then, can we go off early ? No, you booked a hot deal i cant let you go until your assigned time. Stupid rule, which i find out is the gm' s rule. All other courses i have played in sw Florida they have zero issues with golf now, zero issues with teeing off early ( there was nobody else in front or behind us at all). Also range is never off limits, even at truly private courses that are much better courses than this place. Starters usually greet you and are friendly and courteous . This guy was just concerned with staying under a tree while chain smoking cigarettes and spouting off the rules to us. Bottom line is, they can not like Golf now app ( which he pretty much stated). They can also restrict non members from using facilities etc. But, i can also choose to never play here again. There is plenty of other places to play in our area that are friendly and in way better shape than boca royale. Stuffiest place i have played in 2 years since moving here.

Waiting for the snow birds

I have now lived full time in Venice Fl. For 4 yrs and I’m completely tired of playing courses during the summer that let the course go to rags. The people that support you all year round have to play courses that are barely maintained. This is just another example of not caring about the regulars that pay their bills during the summer.
Worst condition I have ever seen it

Getting better

I normally don’t post reviews but the previous review from the cry baby local is completely untrue. This is actually the best shape the course has been in since I can remember. The tees and fairways are healthy and well maintained. There are about three greens that have some trouble spots but don’t affect the roll of the ball. They are rolling about 10.5 and are smooth as can be. All in all this is the best shape the place has been in for at least the last 10 years if not ever. you can tell they are actually spending money not letting it go. Maybe that last guy should stay in Venice.

One of my favorite courses in SW Florida

This course is always in good shape with a great layout. Greens are fast, but true. Staff is great.

loved it wish i was paired up with someone

the rough was high on front 9,directions on golf now are wrong sends you in a construction area.

Summer gem

Really a pleasure to play a great course while are scared off by the heat. Plenty of room to try different shots. Fun time with very friendly and helpful staff.

Boca Review

I had a 12:45 tee time.
I arrived early at 12:15 and since between 12-12:45
no tee times were reserved, I asked to go out early.
I was told I had to go at 12:45.
Please explain.

2nd time I played this course in a week …..better golf cart lol …,… staff is very cool except for GM who gave me a hard time about wanting to tee off 1/2 earlier than scheduled tee time ( to beat the afternoon thunderstorm) even though the course was completely open ….. was more interested in strict rules rather than being flexible ……he also blasted tee off and golf now for sending him business ….. said we should skip these apps and work directly through him ….. what a joke lol …..: he finally relented and I played 18 holes in a little over 2 hours and beat the lightening and rain by 5 minutes lol

Great deal for $25 ….. not the regular $50 rate ….. fun private course ….. terribble golf carts …#31 went faster in reverse than forward ….. need a serious investment in new carts …. Will play again and would recommend to others …. Abound cart 31 and any other that had no pick up

Challenging but fun course

Enjoyable round. Lost my way on a couple of holes, but overall positive experience. Pro shop staff friendly and helpful.

boca great

excellent layout
excellent shape
staff excellent

Excellent course

Course was in great shape. Greens were very quick and smooth. Rough was too high but they were cutting as we played. Great and challenging course.

Very dry

This course would have played a lot better if they watered at least the greens more. Overall a good course but could use a little help by the caretakers.

great course

course with great layout
great personal working there.

Venice, Florida
NAPLES, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples and 2 rounds of golf at Tiburón Golf Club - Gold Course and Black Course.
PALM HARBOR, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Innisbrook Golf & Spa Resort and 4 rounds of golf at Innisbrook Golf Resort - North Course, South Course, Island Course, & Copperhead Course (site of the PGA Tour's Valspar Championship).
PALM HARBOR, FL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Innisbrook Golf & Spa Resort and 2 rounds of golf at Innisbrook Golf Resort - Island Course & Copperhead Course (site of the PGA Tour's Valspar Championship).
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course, Palm Golf Course and Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodation at The Fountains Resort Championsgate and 6 rounds of golf at Orange County Panther Lake, Orange County Crooked Cat, Omni International, Omni National, Celebration Golf Club and Falcons Fire Golf Club.