Mountain Vista Golf Club - San Gorgonio

Golf Season Closed: October 24 - November 22
Architect Billy Casper (2000)

Catering

Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Not a bad deal

I don’t have anything to complain about but I’ve been here twice and both times the pro shop staff acts like they will take your money but they would prefer not to have to let the public in. But they do so they might as well act like they appreciate the business.

Great time

Staff was pleasant and welcoming. Great course greed and ruff very well manicured

Good condition

Course was beautifully green. Played with 2 members. They were friendly and helpful.
I would play there again.

Mix-up

Booked through Golf Now at the San Gorgonio course. When we called the course to confirm they said that Golf Now made a mistake and we were to play the other Del Webb course.. it was clearly not a mistake on Golf Nows part, but something that goes on a lot . We pressed the issue and were finally allowed to play the San Gorgonio course which was great. A beautiful course, will play it again.

Good experience

The course was in good condition, especially the greens, the sand in the traps was outstanding.

Beautiful Place with Grumpy Staff

Drove out from Inland Empire to Palm Desert today to play Mountain Vista. Used the Underpar deal to play both courses with the replay, arrived 20 min before my scheduled time checked in with my first grumpy gentleman who basically scolded me for paying with the voucher, given no directions to anywhere.. first tee, really nothing.
Drove to first tee 10 min early & the 2 players I was paired with had already hit & were about to leave the tee, I scrambled quickly to get going, the round was wonderful the two young men were very nice & we all had a good time sharing stories. Post round both myself & the other two young men park our carts close to the restaurant/Pro Shop & then get scolded by the next Grumpy gentleman about where we have our carts basically telling us in a forceful manner that we needed to move. I go inside the San G Pro Shop to ask about the replay & was met with the next Grumpy Gentleman who said “You need to go to the Santa Rosa Clubhouse, we don’t do replays here” I have to say this place is absolutely beautiful, big beautiful fairways, greens are excellent & course was in top shape, I then go to Santa Rosa Clubhouse & greeted by the next Grumpy Gentleman who basically informs me that there is probably no way I can play around round they are completely booked, mind you I looked up what times were available on their own website & they had plenty. So I took the hint, I was not wanted on their course or in their community, so no replay & I left to travel back on my hour plus ride home very disappointed.

81b08a58-8865-5122-9f6b-9210a5081461
Commented on 02/03/2021

I have often used the Underpar deal here. Usually with good success. I call ahead and try to ensure that there is replay availability. But I have also experienced what you described. There ARE some seniors who work @ Mountain Vista that are less than helpful on making tee times. I go around people like that. If they are offering me replay, I paid for replay and I want to replay, some dipstick with an attitude isn't going to stop me in most cases.

Wrong Course

Sun City does not recognize San Gorgonio for Golf Now. We had to play the Santa Rosa course. They said this is a common mistake made by Golf Now.

Love the course just would like to see it just a little lower priced every one n awhile

Well maintained

Course was in good shape tee to green. Great day other then the wind picking up on the back 9. Definitely worth the green fee for this time of year

Joke

So unorganized holy smokes. Go to one course for our tee time and they tell us that we are on another course. Go there and no tee time so starter shoots us out on hole 10 only to be ripped on by the guys behind us. No scorecard.
Course is unreal though. Great grass and greens. If you can figure out your tee times then it’s 10/10

California Advisor

San Gorgonio

Rode the Blacks (6669/71.9/128) 12/29 with GDR23 in 3H, 40M mid day. Seemed alot longer, we waited almost every shot on 3somes in front of us. 60's, sunny and breezy. Conditions were VERY lush, almost immaculate across the board. Tees extremely lush and well maintained with few unfixed divots. Fairways lush and very nice to play from. Rough is 2-3", lush and thick. Sand traps have high quality white marble sand and are among the best I play anywhere. Large greens are firm/smooth and putted medium fast speed. No GPS on the basic carts or ports for electronics. No driving range, you have to go 1/2 mile down the street where the sister Santa Rosa course has a nice, all grass driving range. No on course services with COVID. Very unusual that they let us drive our morning round carts from Santa Rosa 1/2 mile down surface streets to San Gorgonio. Highly recommended, best conditioned course I have played in the Palm Springs area this year.

Great Time

Course is in magnificent condition. Played early AM pace was good.

Course in very good condition

Fairways and green were in really good shape. Like the very wide fairways and grass limed bunkers.

Course in excellent condition

Friendly course with wide fairways and few sand bunkers make it a friendly course to play for all levels of skill

Semi-Private/Resort
Thousand Palms, California
Indio, California
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, and 2 rounds of golf at Indian Wells Golf Resort - Celebrity & Players Courses
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Indian Wells Golf Resort - Celebrity & Players courses.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Mission Hills and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, MIssion Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at La Quinta Resort & Club and 6 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, Mission Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, Indian Wells Resort courses, PGA WEST Pete Dye Mountain Course, and PGA WEST Pete Dye Dunes Course
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at La Quinta Resort & Club and 4 rounds of golf at Stadium and Nicklaus Tournament Courses at PGA WEST, and Indian Wells Celebrity Course and Players Courses.