Year Built 2005
Architect Jack Nicklaus (2005)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover

Near the Airport 123

A must Plsy

When in the Springs, this is a must play. The course was in great shape, the greens were in excellent condition, rolling true. The staff made you feel as if you were a welcomed guest, not just a source of money.

Amazing value in the Valley

With so many courses to choose from in the Coachella Valley, it's hard to separate yourself. Escena has done just that. Dollar for dollar, this is one of the top choices in the area.

Matt Ondrof

Windy don’t play. It’s windy 24/7

Amazing course layout and conditions. If you don’t like wind then don’t even think about coming here. The wind will destroy any good time you’re looking for. If you’re a serious player then this is the course for you. If you get out once or twice a year then stay away from this place and take your business closer to Indio/ La Quinta where you don’t deal with this wind. Literally, this property is always windy and that is the biggest downfall to it. I am happy I experienced it but I will never return or recommend this course to anyone.

Gorgeous condition

What a great course! It’s in excellent condition and pace of play was perfect. I’m tired of the long waits of five hour golf games of local courses. We finished 18 holes around four hours. And that itself is worth the drive. There’s only one downfall and that is they don’t have a driving range.

First I like to start by saying the staff there is awesome, they a friendly and kind, the course is in great shape it’s challenging and fun, and once the dining area and outdoor patio reopens it’s a perfect place to have lunch or after round drink.

California Advisor

Escena

Rode the Orange tees (6615/71.7/125) in 4H, 15M mid day. Partly cloudy and breezy in the low 90's. 90 degree rule coming out of overseeding. Played with Roarksown1, we were matched up with Marty and Ryan, very nice guys to play with. Pains me to report that Robert's mediocre play bested my lackluster play, he won 2 of 3 points in our match for bragging rights. Thanks to Robert for setting up and paying in advance!

Pretty straight forward fun layout, but $99 is too much coming out of over seeding. I really like the course and would play here more if they were priced lower. Nicklaus Design, par 35-37 layout with five par 3/5's. 18 solid golf holes. An oddity is that the five par 5's are rated as the #1,2,3,4 & 6 handicap holes? The Par 5's only average 520 from the Orange tees, but they all play into the prevailing wind and several play longer with uphill approach shots.

Overseeded tees lush and well maintained.

Overseeded fairways mostly lush but had many thin spots. Not that great for just finishing overseeding, hopefully the thin spots come in better over the next month.

Overseeded rough very lush and thick. About 3", the ball often sat down and we had a hard time spotting balls from 20 yards away several times.

Sand traps nicely maintained with thick, light colored sand.

Overseeded greens looked nice. Smooth and held irons well, but were at best medium speed. Entire group short on numerous putts AD.

Customer service very pleasant, but they do not touch anything due to COVID. Cart person out making the rounds.

Really good course, but two large negatives about Escena. 1) Right across the street from the Palm Springs airport down in the area that tends to get more windy than most local courses. 2) No range, their warm up area is hitting into nets, but they provide free warm-up balls. They have a nice chipping green.

Overall, recommended, but would be highly recommened if the price was more in line with other comparable local courses.

This course never disappoints! Beautiful

Today we went golfing and we were greeted by Geryry. She started our morning off right. Her customer service was on point. Then we were greeted by Rich the GM. He gave us an over view of the course and told us about the course. The course was beautiful and watching the sun.come up was amazing. It was priced very reasonable and I highly recommend!! We will absolutely be back.

Beautiful Golf Course

Gerry was such a pleasure to be greeted by this morning. We had a great day of golf. This was my first time golfing this course and it was absolutely beautiful. I will absolutely be back soon. I was also greeted by Rich the GM. All around it was a great day!

Like a Private Club only better

Escena Golf Club is a must play in the Coachella Valley. Multiple sets of tees makes the course playable for all skill levels. Course conditions are usually pristine and the staff is eager to please. The Escena Grill serves great food at a good price with lots of happy hour specials. I live in the area and get to have this experience regularly. Visitors would be well served to visit this first class facility

Beautiful condition and course

Really happy to see a golf course taking care of their customers and course condition the way they have. I feel totally safe when I arrive to the pro shop and practice facility. The
Staff is always friendly and happy to be there. I would go back every day if I could. Thank you escena for keeping the course alive and well during these tough times!

Best course in the valley!

This course is awesome!! Always in great condition and great pricing. The staff and food are great as well. Have played here numerous times and it always gets me coming back.

a senior point of fiew

the coarse lay out was great , If i had to make another option for the mid to high handy cap ( 16 to 18 ) I would like to see a combo tee box of the green and gold tees..

swing speed 70 to 75

Fabulous Golf Course

I am privileged to play this course often and today I had guests from Reno NV. The course was immaculate and pace of play was around 4 hours...right on! Rich and his staff at the pro shop were on point as usual and my guests asked if this was a private club. No, just seems like it.

anc

Liked everything but the ranger
He told us we were playing too slow!
We all play country club golf, know the rules. Very windy we fell 1/2 hole behind and the people behind us never waited. The ranger threatened to have us skip a hole he then proceeded to waste our time on 2 other occasions therefore contributed too slowing us down
Won’t play here again

Good course but better values can be had

Wanted to play this course for a while so we paid the higher green fees. Not a bad course and we got lucky as this area can be windy. Moderate pace for the desert. I think with the competitive pricing for golfing in the desert this course might want to consider offering some better deals.
Also without asking us the pro shop bumped our tee time back 2 slots to set us off with another couple.
Guys, just because I wear a skirt doesn’t mean I can’t keep pace or feel uncomfortable golfing alongside men.
Please ask next time before you change my time

Nice round!

Enjoyed the round at Escena. Some very scenic holes. Playable course.
Would return!

5 Star Course

Love this course. Jack gives you generous fairways but adds lots of traps to challenge you. Its always in great shape and the layout is fantastic. The greens are excellent. The staff seem to really appreciate their customers from the moment you drive up to the bag drop. The shop staff, starter and the marshalls are there to make sure you're happy. Great views and a fun course to play. The 4 hour pace of play is exceptional for a public track. My favorite in the valley. If you love quality golf courses, you will love Escena. Thanks guys!

Cathedral City, California
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Mission Hills and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, MIssion Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, and 2 rounds of golf at Indian Wells Golf Resort - Celebrity & Players Courses
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Indian Wells Golf Resort - Celebrity & Players courses.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at La Quinta Resort & Club and 6 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, Mission Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, Indian Wells Resort courses, PGA WEST Pete Dye Mountain Course, and PGA WEST Pete Dye Dunes Course
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at La Quinta Resort & Club and 4 rounds of golf at Stadium and Nicklaus Tournament Courses at PGA WEST, and Indian Wells Celebrity Course and Players Courses.