Type Private/Resort

Fitness

Plays Long 15
Thick Rough 12

Chilly Sunday

My son and I played Scotch Hall again today for the third time, we absolutely love this course. The course was in excellent shape from fairways to greens as always. The layout is great, this course is wonderful for both the scratch golfer to the casual player. Couple of the hole locations can be intimidating but this place is a lot of fun. I highly recommend it. The food and the staff are outstanding as well.

One of my favorites

The course was in great shape considering the excessive amount of rain this region has endured over the past few months. The greens were in perfect shape. It was wort the hour and thirty minute drive!

Food service not wearing masks

My son's really like this Golf course and both of them say that Scotch Hall is one of their favorite courses. They've played at many great Courses across the country. We all agree that the course was designed beautifully and could hold it on tours!
Our problem came when one of friends went into the food area. We all were very shocked when we saw no one was wearing any mask and cooking and all staff workers were with in 3'. In Hertford NC is in A high risk and it's everyone job to stay safe.
We all agreed never to return of this reason.
It's to bad because all of the golf course staff did wear there mask but all of the food service did not.

Commented on 01/04/2021

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know that our golfers safety is our utmost priority! We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced while golfing with us. For further resolution in this matter, please feel free to reach our to our team here at Scotch Hall Preserve! We hope to hear back from you soon!

Swamp Talk Podcast

It was wet the day we went because of rain, the course still was in beautiful condition minus the mud and water. Staff was amazing and amenities were top-of-the-line. If you ever get time, this club is a MUST-SEE!! The Swamp Talk Podcast rates it overall 5 stars!

AMAZING ROUND AND VIEWS

The course has some of the most picturesque views you’ll find on any course! Course management should be very proud of their efforts, best conditions in the entire OBX!
A risk/reward course that employs the skills at all levels of golfing abilities.
The staff is friendly and accommodating for every desire and request.
Highly recommend this course as a MUST PLAY!

Great track

Very beautiful views throughout course. Greens in great shape and they run true.Beautiful country, great course.

New course for me!

Excellent course! The only sticking point for me is the drive, I live in Va. Beach so I was a 1:45 minute drive each way but if you live closer this course needs to be on your regular rotation! The greens are TOUGH so bring your A game when putting. I will definitely play here again!

Top tier course

SHP has become my go to course in the area to bring my clients. The course is in fantastic condition and the holes along the water are superb.

A fabulous course off the beaten path!

This Palmer layout sits along the Chowan River/Albemarle Sound in splendid isolation. The crowds have not come and only a few homes have been constructed. That said, the place is a gem! Visually interesting, great greens and grass all around, bring your A game from the tips or something less (like me) and play up. I've played many of the top course from Pinehurst to Doral and this track ranks with the best of them. You will not be disappointed in any way!

Excellent Course

Great Staff, Great Course, Great Friends. I have played the course many times and am fortunate to live nearby. From the GM to the Cart guys, all will do their best to accommodate if possible. TJ and staff have performed expertly, for the course is in absolute great shape. Bunkers need some care, expect the rough to penalize, so keep it in the middle! Expect to see Deer, Bear, Bobcats, Turkey and Eagles, for they also live nearby.

The great course and great service than the price

You can enjoy golf in nature and the facilities are excellent.
The staff is also the best. I'm looking forward to playing excite golf here again.

Very poor general management

One of NC’s Best

This is a special test nestled along Salmon Creek and the Albemarle Sound. Perfect fairways, challenging rough and rolling greens. Only the bunkers need some tending to as most are very firm and more concrete than sand. Once that happens, this place will be one of the best on the Eastern seaboard. But frankly, the rest of the course is in such great shape, it still gets five stars for condition.

It doesn’t get much better than the 1-2 finish of 17-18. A par 3 17 along the sound with no bailouts available, followed by a par 5 18 with water left and bunkers in so many landing spots. Don’t overlook 9 as you hit the turn, a long uphill fairway with a couple holes and the sound below you on the right.

Amenities are great, and the course releases so few tee times publicly (usually only on GolfNow) that you can go at your own pace and get little to no resistance or traffic. Definitely have to look into their rent and play deals they offer on weekends.

Wherever you are, this is a drive to get to, but it’s completely worth it. Make a day of it and get to Scotch Hall for a truly great day. Arnold Palmer had some fun with this one.

Commented on 09/02/2020

General management is very poor

Commented on 09/03/2020

We had 12 people going to golf today through labor day. Because of Daniel the general manager they left and won't be back. Its a shame we were treated so poorly by him. Everyone one else is great

Commented on 09/03/2020

Your course is beautiful and the staff at golf pro but your general manager is very unprofessional and is making yall lose so many people going there. Our company Thermo fisher will not go there because of him.

Commented on 09/03/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Scotch Hall Preserve, and we hope to see you again soon.

First time there, and I would go back again!! Fairways are plush, greens are perfect, and the staff is great. Definitely recommend anyone to go there and play, you will not be disappointed. Staff knows the bunkers need some work, and let you know up front. My thought, stay out of them and you are fine. This place is a hidden gem!!! Even have golf packages to stay on site.

Commented on 09/02/2020

great course but the general management is very poor.

Edenton, North Carolina