Learn more about becoming a member at
Doncaster Town Moor Golf Club

Style Parkland

Year Built 1895

Carts Yes - GBP 20

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Clubhouse, Locker Rooms

Excellent

The staff are friendly and helpful, really pleasant round of golf.

Great friendly course

Great course, friendly staff and members, thinking of becoming a member due to friendliness and the course plus good value membership.

Sunday Golf

On a really hot day. The golf course stood up to the test. Greens were in great condition.

Slow

Conditions of course great but shame we had to wait to tee off at every hole .
Four balls ahead and would not let us play through rude!
Layout felt a little vulnerable at some holes with balls coming our way.
Overall lovely course but too slow.
People (members) inconsiderate of other golfers on course.

What a shame

We started playing the course around 7:00 and it was all going well until the 7th tee box. The course is lovely and it’s a shame what I am having to write.

On the 7th hole we had a quad bike waiting at the bottom near the green picking up our tee shots and laughing at us. We moved onto the next hole where they proceeded to follow us and do the same again.
We asked them to stop and got the response “give me 5 minutes and I will come back and slice you up”.

So obviously we wasn’t going to take the risk over a game of golf so we had to cut our 18 holes short.

Understand the course cannot control this behaviour but this will be the 1st and last time playing here, really disappointed as we were having great fun up until that moment…

A Real HIDDEN GEM OF A GOLF COURSE

WHAT A SURPRIZE A FANTASTIC COURSE WITH THE BEST GREENS IN SOITH YORKSHIRE EVEN THE APRONS WERE WATERED FOR ONLY £24 THIS COURSE IS BY FAR THE BEST VALUE IN THE AREA NO SNOOTY MEMBERS MSTTER OF FACT THEY COULD NOT HAVE BEEN FRIENDLIER COUPLED WITH A SOME FANTASTIC FOOD AND VERY COMPETIVELY PRICED BEERS.

Weekend round

Nice friendly course , long walk to first tee ( but not a problem ) fast greens , although busy was not held up at any time , good test of golf

Hidden Gem in plain sight!

I am a high handicapper and I play very rarely so found this place on a cheaper than usual rate on GolfNow for £17.99. There were plenty of free times so thought it would be easy to play at my own pace and take it steady. After 4 holes I caught up with 2 members who would have happily let me play through however there was a slow 4 ball infront and so invited me to join them which I did gladly. After 9 holes 1 of them left and another single playing member caught us up and again made it a 3 ball. Have to say really great guys who welcomed me onto the course and gave me a few ideas on the layout and often helped me look for my wayward balls with no hesitation or discrimination. The course really was in great condition especially the greens so fast and true although i reckon the fairways are getting ready for a bit of rain. I Was also greeted with a warm welcome in the clubhouse after from everyone in there. Really looking forward to playing again even if the pace was a little slow but can put that down to the scorhing heat.

Fantastic Day Out And The Best Value Golf Course in Doncaster

The welcome we recieved from this Golf Club both in the Peo Shop and Bar was Miles better than all the other Local Clubs locally I was told how to find the 1st Tee and also given a Map and a very Frirndly welcome however I could not believe how Good this Golf Course is and the Greens were miles better than the so called better Courses Doncaster and Wheatley afterwards we had some beautiful food and a lovely chat with a few of the Members who were extremely friendly all in all fantastic value and definalitly the friendliest Club in Doncaster.

Discriminative

After celebrating our beloved Queen's Platinum Jubilee, my friend and I went to play at Doncaster Town Moor.

We booked a Hot Deal on Golf Now for 12:08 but when we arrived at the 1st tee, there were several groups in a queue, all waiting to tee off so we just waited at the side patiently.

When we were just about to tee off at about 12:20, a staff came on his buggy and told us off very loudly in front of other players for teeing off late. He repeated "you booked a cheap deal so you should have teed off at your given time!" about five times.

We tried to explain that we were quite new to the game so we genuinely didn't know that we were expected to jump the queue and tee off precisely at 12:08, despite the long queue. He then said "If you are new, you should have learned the etiquette!". He then rang the office and said "I have two Chinese men here who have booked a cheap deal and they have not teed off yet ..."

When he came off the phone, he said "I knew this is going to happen..." (How??? Because we looked like Chinese???). He asked how much we paid, we said £23. He then said "we normally charge £30, you got this cheap deal, you should NOT do this. You are holding every one up..." (We hadn't even teed off at that point, how did we hold anyone up ...???)

We are British. We look Oriental so we could have Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese or any South East Asian ancestry. But why did our origin have anything to do with this????

Why did he keep saying about our "cheap deal" in a dismissive tone??

We won't go back again after our public humiliation!

Back to Town Moor after 40 years

It was as good if not better than I remembered it.
A good test of golf in an unusual setting.
Will be back again much sooner!

Poor Course and Terrible member interactions!!

Firstly Moor Town GC is in the middle of Race Course and hence the middle of Doncaster. Finding the club house itself is a challenge, it is situated across a main road from the course and next to a housing estate. The Pro Shop looked well stocked and the staff were friendly. After this point my experience was dire.

The course itself is navigated by a map provided by the Pro Shop. This map appears to have been drawn by a small child with a crayon and a dream!! It is cartographical nonsense and does not in any way shape or form aid you in course navigation. In actual fact it is misaligned, leading you to read the map from the bottom to the top to gain a sense of course direction. This geographical nonsense is then compounded by the fact that the directional signage on the course is utter tripe. Tee boxes are missing tee markers, some holes require you to cross the immediate driving angle of a different hole and none of it is signed meaning that moving onto a different hole is, in itself a risk. Course design, signage and direction are garbage!!!

I had the pleasure of meeting 3 members of the GC on my round, older men too close to death to change their ways. These 3 individuals felt the need to impress upon me that I inaccurately placed my buggy on a previous hole. Fair enough, a genuine error on my part, I apologised. They then berated me with rules. It is this type of member I cannot abide and that kills Golf for me at times. Rather than asking me if it was my first time on the course they moved directly towards the attitude that I had, in some way, purposefully meant to disrespect them. Hawkish moronic members, too hateful to learn, too spiteful to prosper.

Good winter course

For the weather we have had course was on full tees and greens no puddles of water anywhere on the course and even had buggies on which is rare for courses this time of year

BEST WINTER COURSE IN YORKSHIRE DRY AS A BONE AND LUSH GREENS

After playing the other local courses including Wheatley Doncaster Golf Club I must say Doncaster Town Moors general condition is by far better and the other 2 course greens are nowhere as good Town Moors greens are absolutely amazing I have never seen greens so good at this time of the year coupled with the fact there is never a trolley ban and the course is always on main greens I can quite honestly say this is the best value golf club in the country for only £700 per annum and the Older mature Professional was telling me that as a member you can play 5 other quality courses for free the shop was full of new and second hand clubs a bit like a Aladdin’s cave the bar and catering staff were also very friendly even the red faced Chef with a Mohican was smiling for the 1st time all in all fantastic value at £20 per round.

Very Slow

Over booking tee slots! Took us a 2 ball nearly 5 hours on a relatively short course. Greens were nice to be fair and its situated in the middle of the racetrack which is nice but besides that the course it's not overly exciting and there's much better courses in South Yorkshire for the same money.

Doncaster, Doncaster
Doncaster, Doncaster
Hickleton, Doncaster
Thorne, Doncaster
Serlby, Bassetlaw
SOUTHPORT | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Vincent Hotel in Southport and 5 rounds of golf at Hillside, Royal Liverpool, Formby, Royal Lytham & St. Annes, and Royal Birkdale.
NORTHERN IRELAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Bayview Hotel in Bushmills and Burrendale Hotel in Newcastle and 5 rounds of golf at Portmarnock, Portstewart, Royal County Down, Ardglass, and Royal Portrush.
WALES | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Y-Branwen in Harlech and Coldra Court in Celtic Manor and 5 rounds of golf at Aberdovey, Royal St. Davids, Pennard, Royal Porthcawl, and Celtic Manor 2010.
LONDON, ENGLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Berystede Hotel in Ascot and 5 rounds of golf at Sunningdale New Course, Walton Heath, Sunningdale Old Course, St. Georges Hill, and Swinley Forest.
SOUTHWEST SCOTLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Marine Hotel at Royal Troon and 5 rounds of golf at Western Gailes, Dundonald, Prestwick, Royal Troon, and Ailsa Course (Turnberrry).