Style Parkland
Stanedge Golf Club
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1934

Golf School Academy Yes - "Grass Roots Golf Academy"

Dress code All clothing worn on the golf course and in the clubhouse should at all times be clean, presentable and suitable for golf. No denim, tracksuit bottoms, football/rugby shirts. Spikes MUST NOT be worn.

Bar

Clubhouse, Locker Rooms

Billiards

Great Golf day

Have read about the course takeover wanted to see results so far, we played as a three ball and although it was reasonably busy the pace of play was very good course layout is quirky and there are some interesting holes, the course is well maintained and in excellent condition. Good test of golf for all levels, friendly welcoming atmosphere from arrival onwards, well worth a visit and a pleasure to play courses like this should be supported will play it again.

Book direct

As we checked in the owner came to see us to say we had slipped under the net as she had asked Golf Now to take the course off their booking site. A player a few days previous to us had received a call from them and had had their money refunded. Luckily for us they had only noticed our booking had been done through Golf Now on the day we were due to arrive so my husband was able to play.
They want visitors to book direct with them through their own website
Nice course 10 holes so you do go round twice to play 18 holes. Clearly marked.
Staff really friendly.

Lovely course. Fantastic condition

Played today and being my third visit, it was the best I’ve seen the course. Fairways are plush, greens are lush and challenging! You can really see how much work goes into this course, it’s getting better every time I play it.

It is a 9/10 hole course but if it’s this good, it certainly isn’t a chore going around twice. Look forward to my 4th visit!!!!

Little gem in Chesterfield

Played here today its a great little 10 hole course. I bet in Summer it is glorious when all the trees are in full bloom.
Some tricky holes and underlating fairways.
It's clear under the new owners this is definitely one of the must play courses in the local area.
Very friendly club and clubhouse is really nice.

The course isn't long at all and pretty easy to play but challenging too

Can't wait to play again later into the season

The course has some good holes

For all the rain we have had i thought the fairways was still very good and the greens was superb. My only concern was after 9 holes we went to play the 10th and a single ball was all a sudden in front off us on the fairway and the round was really slow after that. At my old course ( Hallowes) a single ball did not have a standing they at to let you through.

Could be so much better

Not to bad course layout although I feel could be made better with a few adjustments. I would say 2nd 6th and 9th holes are the most enjoyable which involve a little risk and reward, the others are far to straight forward and very forgiving. We had booked and paid for 18 but felt it wasn't worth while going around again given the fluffyness of the greens with the grass being far to long to be consistent enough with your putting, which is probably down to this time of year and I would guess with the surfacing used it's a different green in the summer months but there isn't much of a difference yardage wise. You can tell that there is a lot of love and effort put into this course and I'm sure they will get it right as the staff are amazing and welcoming and a breath of fresh air compared to most of the local club house staff and members.
Food in the restaurant is total value for money and brilliant proper home fresh cooked

some very challenging holes but fair

Enjoyed the course which is in immaculate condition, the greens were some of the best i,ve played this year.The club house and facilities were excellent. the whole staff were welcoming and very friendly , will definitely return.

A hidden gem. The work what’s been done to the club house and course from the last time I played is absolutely fantastic, well done to all involved.

Recommend

Not played this course for many years and there have been a number of changes which make it altogether much better.
In very good condition when we played with friendly welcome and good clubhouse facilities despite COVID.
Would recommend but don't make the mistake of thinking this is an easy 9 holer.

Awful Layout

When we arrived for our 10.16 tee time. We couldn’t tee off because people coming off the 9th tee had priority as it was only a 10 hole course. By the time people had finished coming through off the 9th there was a big build up on the tee and we were late for our tee time. We spoke to the member of staff who then told us we had to wait to play behind a group of 21!!! (There was only 3 of us and all very capable golfers so would not have held this group up). We eventually teed off over 45 minutes later than our booked tee time. There was a local member who was constantly asking us if he could play with Us and was walking around the tee box and asking us questions (not obliging by social distancing rules) while we were trying to take our tee shots. After finally getting underway, we were playing behind the group of 21 in front all the way round. Also, due to the layout of the course there is lots of cording over of fairways, Tee boxes and greens so we were waiting on what felt like nearly every shot, not to mention everyone was having to play them twice to play the full 18 holes. Some greens are surrounded by tee boxes so you can’t tell whether it is safe to play an approach shot or not. The round took us just short of 5 hours!! To complete and after driving 45 minutes to play it was a dreadful experience and I feel a complete waste of money. Will not be returning.

Lovely little place

If you want to play at a local course with a welcoming atmosphere then this is the place. From the moment we arrived we were welcomed into this charming course and made to feel like we were long time members. You will enjoy super greens and well kept fairways plus views across Derbyshire that are sublime. We even had a rainbow and yes that’s because it rained but that’s my only complaint. If you are nearby then give this go.

A little gem

I would be hard pushed to fault our round today, friendly staff on arrival before heading out onto the immaculately kept course. Greens were short and ran well, fairways are wide and the views all around are stunning. What a way to spend a summers evening hopefully more to come.

Walton, Chesterfield
Bakewell, Derbyshire Dales
Shirland, North East Derbyshire
Sheffield, Sheffield
Dore, Sheffield
SOUTHPORT | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Vincent Hotel in Southport and 5 rounds of golf at Hillside, Royal Liverpool, Formby, Royal Lytham & St. Annes, and Royal Birkdale.
WALES | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Y-Branwen in Harlech and Coldra Court in Celtic Manor and 5 rounds of golf at Aberdovey, Royal St. Davids, Pennard, Royal Porthcawl, and Celtic Manor 2010.
NORTHERN IRELAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Bayview Hotel in Bushmills and Burrendale Hotel in Newcastle and 5 rounds of golf at Portmarnock, Portstewart, Royal County Down, Ardglass, and Royal Portrush.
LONDON, ENGLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Berystede Hotel in Ascot and 5 rounds of golf at Sunningdale New Course, Walton Heath, Sunningdale Old Course, St. Georges Hill, and Swinley Forest.
DUBLIN, IRELAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Green Hotel in Dublin City and 5 rounds of golf at County Louth, The Island, Portmarnock, Royal Dublin, and K Club (Palmer North).