Rancho Carlsbad Golf Course

Year Built 1959
Architect Art Saprico

Carts No

Great 18 walk with challenges.

This is a great local muni because the course plays harder than you'd think if you just looked at the score card. It's a perfect walk ruined by the signature greens that hard to hold and harder to putt - but I consider that a good thing. The staff is always great both getting you set to play and providing some solid teaching as needed. There is also a nice little driving range where it is normally split 1/2 hitting of grass and the other 1/2 off mats.

Value!

RC is a great value for the price! It's short enough to walk all 18 holes in two hours . The tees are good, the fairways iffy, greens pretty good. The layout is fine and the greens match the hole lengths proportionally. All in all a fun little course.

Family friendly is not always a good thing

This was my first time playing this course. It is definitely target golf with small greens to hit into. The course it’s self was in good condition considering the type of golfers and action it gets. My biggest issue is the fact they do not have any marshals out there nor do they seem to have many rules. The group in front of me was 2 moms with 3 boys under the age of eight. This created a 5some to wait for. I was all set to tee off behind them and two golf carts of boys in their late teens pulled up. I told them I was waiting for the group in front of me to get off the green before I teed off. At that point they took off in their carts out to a different hole and jumped in front of all of us and just started playing. It seemed this was happening a lot as I saw other people bouncing from holes in different order. Great place to go if you just want to have some fun and hit some balls. Not the best place to go if you want to try to focus and work on your game. I did go there in the afternoon time so maybe it was just my timing.

Love this course!

Staff is always pleasant and we enjoy our time on the course. The other patrons are fun and friendly as well. We’ll be back, often!

Fun course

This is a super fun small course, the best bang for your buck in the Carlsbad/Coastal North County area, I rather come out here and play a quick round than go to the range.

When busy it tends to back up, but that's okay, for the $15 twilight rate, it's well worth it.

If you can get in when there's no crowd, you can be in and out in 2 hours.

Love being 10 minutes away from this course.

For a few dollars more, Emerald Isle in Oceanside is in better shape.

Commented on 01/04/2021

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us! We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Rancho Carlsbad Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Worth the $$

Greens we fair and in good shape. Anything off the green should be considered rough. Good work for short game and putting. Fun to hangout with my buddy who is golfing only the past several months . Staff was very helpful and friendly.

New Driving Range

The updated driving range is great. The new grass helps us practice like on a nice fairway. I bought a token and go weekly.
I’d like to see a few distance poles added and the distance from here signs redone for both the grass side and mats side

Commented on 01/04/2021

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Rancho Carlsbad Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

So Golfnow lies A LOT

No no no this course is wack and is nothing more than a pitch and putt longest hole is 140 I believe

Commented on 12/23/2020

Hello, thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Rancho Carlsbad Golf Club.

Great Course for Beginners and for Advanced Short game

Took my daughter for her 1st round of golf, after much range practice. It challenged her, but did not demoralize her. Greens are in decent condition; I.e., hit a good shot and it sticks. Also, putting surface seems to be fairly true.
Much fun.
Staff was extremely friendly and helpful.
My daughter and I will be back!

Fun pitch n put minus the constant watering and mowing

Brand new golfer, 3rd month in. I have golfed here at least 4 times now and it is a very straight forward pitch n putt course with VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL STAFF... Not too many hazards or trees to lose balls and a few fun, challenging, short tee box shots over rocks/ravines etc. My only complaint is the coordination of groundskeeping. Yikes. No golfer should ever worry about sprinklers wetting them during a shot or while walking through the fairway. This course seems to be always watering the turf. Also, they are constantly cutting grass or picking up leaves and at times you need to wait for the mower to finish circling the green especially if you book an early tee time. These are not huge issues at all but, definitely keeping them at a 4 star vs 5 star rating from me. Will come back always and forever.

I haven’t played yet, y’all shouldn’t be sending me this email my tee time isn’t for another 5 hours

Fun course and day

No complaints. Will be playing more often. Great greeting/welcome by Dan at counter.

Thanx.

Commented on 11/02/2020

u428838494, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Rancho Carlsbad Golf Club.

Love this course!

Rancho Carlsbad is a great course for us. Par 3s the whole way but still challenging! The landscape is gorgeous...trees and hills everywhere makes for good shade & lovely views.
The staff is always friendly and accommodating...looking forward to our next visit!

Commented on 10/19/2020

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review the course. Please tell us more. The way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing Rancho Carlsbad Golf Club.

Not for true Golfers

This course is a beginners course. Very short and easy. If you want to take your kids out for some fun, this is the course to do so. If you are expecting to have any sort of challenge, dont go here. Beginners! Beginners! Beginners!

Difficulty Extremely Easy
Commented on 10/13/2020

Commented on 09/29/2020

Hello, we appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Rancho Carlsbad Golf Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Vista, California