Rancho Carlsbad Golf Course

Year Built 1959
Architect Art Saprico

Carts No

Commented on 07/26/2021

Hello, we appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Rancho Carlsbad Golf Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Commented on 07/06/2021

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Rancho Carlsbad Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Eh

Just over played, sprinklers on several holes, Dude followed us and kept cutting the grass, poor signage.

Commented on 07/01/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes.

Your feedback helps us do better. We are looking into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly.

Thank you for visiting Rancho Carlsbad Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Ehhh

The grounds keeping staff was weedwacking, etc during our round...on a Saturday afternoon!! Not sure why they were doing that then as opposed to like a Tuesday morning.

Commented on 05/28/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review and leave your feedback of your recent round with us. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at the course with us. Your feedback is extremely important to us. It is always our utmost goal to provide our golfers with a fun and enjoyable time and apologize if we missed the mark. For further resolution in this matter, please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop. We hope to hear from you soon!

Great little course

Very challenging par three course. Without Golf Now membership, prices would be too high for walking this par three course.. For an additional 5 dollars, I could ride at Emerald Isle, which is a slightly longer course and somewhat better kept. Especially the sand traps, which need work (sand), at Rancho Carlsbad.

Look elsewhere if you enjoy golf

This course is awful. I will say the staff were friendly and they have a driving range. Everything else was bad.

The round was super expensive, the tee boxes and most fairways are all dirt, and the greens are incredibly unfair, like mini golf putt putt style designs. Pitch and putts are usually great to work on your short game, but I can only see bad habits developing if one were to play here with that goal. Not sure what clientele they expect, or are getting to justify the prices.

This is an $8-10 round max. Do better.

Commented on 05/10/2021

An unusually quiet Sunday!

As always, the staff made our visit great. The day was made even better as it was really quiet - Easter Sunday. The greens were recently aerated and really slow and bumpy, as one would expect.
All-in-all, another lovely day on the course!

Great course for beginner kids

This course serves its purpose. Short, easy, and fun. I’m writing this review because it was my first time taking my paralyzed 10YO golfing on a real course, he loves golfing and has always wanted to play but I didn’t know how I would be able to maneuver him around the course. I rented the cart for an extra $20. My problem is this, if you see a lady trying to get her paralyzed son out there and treating him like any other kid, wouldn’t waive the fee for the cart? It’s hard enough out there for him, why not try to make the course a little more accessible for him? Also, I was upset because they played the, “which COVID rules are we following today, game”. Where they won’t accept cash but they will touch my debit card with their bare hands and hand it back to me. Didn’t make sense to me.

Busy Sunday...but FUN!

Lots of new players on the course so play was slow. Always great service from the staff, course was in good shape and we were outdoors, nothing wrong with that!

Par 3’s only

Did not realize this was a par 3 only course until I arrived on premises. GolfNow did not state this in course description. Nice course for family play but not what I was expecting as a vacation destination.

Commented on 03/15/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. We also apologize for that information not being disclosed on Golf Now as well. We will coordinate to get this issue straightened out! Thanks for visiting Rancho Carlsbad Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Nice pitch’ and put

This is a reasonable pitch and putt. Greens are a little rough and a few of them are crowned like a mini golf course. This adds a little challenge and probably is not an issue the second time. Whole course can be played with a putter and your wedge of choice. Great practice. Course lay out is a little confusing so watch the signs carefully. All that said the staff is awesome absolutely the best around both friendly and helpful. Also they have a real grass driving range at a reasonable price that is very well maintained.

Target practice

Very small greens. The layout is very tight. You need to be on alert for errant tee shots from less experienced players. We played on a Sunday afternoon. Course was packed. Started at 2:50 and finished at 5:20. Great value to practice my shirt game. Staff is super friendly. I’ll be back soon.

Commented on 03/09/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you to bringing to our attention of your concerns you faced while playing, we will make sure to work in that department! If you would like to talk more about your round please feel free to reach out to us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Rancho Carlsbad Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

May not be worth it.

Too pricey without Golf Now discount. $22 to walk is regular green fee, plus an on-line "Convenience Fee". Golf Now discount is only reason it's worth it. Better off at Emerald Isle in Oceanside where the course is always in perfect shape.

Commented on 03/02/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Rancho Carlsbad Golf Club!

Vista, California
San Marcos, California
Lake San Marcos, California
Semi-Private/Resort
Encinitas, California
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Golf Club & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Aviara Golf Club.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Courtyard San Diego Oceanside and 2 rounds of golf at The Grand Golf Club & Omni LaCosta Resort & Spa.
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Monarch Beach Resort and play 2 rounds of golf at Monarch Beach Golf Links.
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Resort at Pelican Hill Newport Beach and 2 rounds of golf at Pelican Hill Golf Club - Ocean North & Ocean South Courses.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Mission Hills and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, MIssion Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.