Wendell Country Club

Architect Ken Dye

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Swimming

Great overall course

Easy to play and challenging at the same time. The grounds are very well maintained and you can tell the staff knows how to grow grass not buy sod! The open layout makes everything very forgiving and the greens are healthy and smooth. First time playing this and we are already talking about when our next round will be!

Commented on 01/18/2022

Hello, u314160586622. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit.

We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind.

Great hidden course

First round at Wendell country club. Course is in great shape. Greens are fast on approaching shots and medium on putting. Greens are small which made it challenging yet fun. Will definitely head back for future rounds.

Commented on 01/05/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Wendell Country Club thanks you!

Commented on 01/18/2022

We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Wendell Country Club!

Commented on 12/07/2021

Commented on 12/07/2021

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at Wendell Country Club!

I have played here 6 times in last 2 years and every time the course was in great condition, even the greens were always in good condition.

Commented on 11/15/2021

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at Wendell Country Club. Please visit us again soon!

Great course! Pace of play sucked.

A group of 4 bozos in front of us kept taking forever. It caused 2 different groups behind me out of the 5 that were held up to ride through and leave without finishing. Besides that everything was great and I will be back to play again. (It rained a lot yesterday and the course was in good condition all around.)

Commented on 11/08/2021

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope to see you soon!

Excellent

I used to play here for matches in high school and I was never impressed and really didn’t enjoy playing there. That was 8 years ago and to be honest going yesterday was a last resort. But boy I was proven wrong. The course was in excellent shape! The greens rolled very true and the fairways were plush! The pace of play was exactly 4 hours and for a Saturday morning I was quite alright with that! The changes that they have made in the past 8 years since I last came have made me want to go more now!

Commented on 10/29/2021

Thanks for the amazing review and for choosing Wendell Country Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 10/29/2021

good

It is too close between holes, but the others are good.

Commented on 10/12/2021

Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Wendell Country Club!

Challenging Greens and layout, Don’t let length fool you

Great experience. This is an approach shot golf course. Excellent set of par 3’s. Greens were smooth and devilish when you were above the hole.

Commented on 10/12/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Wendell Country Club.

Tee boxes were good and greens were in very good condition. The staff was friendly and the carts are in very good condition. This is not my favorite course but the Hot Deal price and time worked for the 4 of us.

Commented on 09/20/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Wendell Country Club.

Commented on 09/07/2021

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star!

Commented on 09/07/2021

Well maintained, but to open

Course is in very good shape and staff is very friendly. But there are 2 issues with the course, both related to layout.

First, the course is fairly short and does not have many obstacles that force you to hit good shots. Played twice, 2 of my best scores of the season on this course despite not being familiar with the course. This is a great course for shorter hitters and new players.

Second issue is the course is to wide open, especially the front 9. On just about every hole I had a golfer from another hole in my fairway. And to be fair I was often in someone elses fairway.

This is a great course to play with freinds, but I think the more serious golfers will say course is to easy.

Commented on 09/13/2021

Hi Brian! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Wendell Country Club!

Great day!

First time out here. Great layout and pretty great course conditions. Wasn’t too busy either. Challenging greens and open fairways for the most part. Relatively tough course but really fun.

Commented on 08/30/2021

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you had enjoyed your time at Wendell Country Club, and pride ourselves on delivering the best experience possible.

We hope to see you again soon!

Greens are great, tees and fairways could be improved

Commented on 08/30/2021

Commented on 08/25/2021

Good day.

Everything was great except not knowing there was no water to drink on the course. Next time I’ll know to grab a drink before going out.

Commented on 08/23/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Bob. Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your business. Wendell Country Club thanks you!

Commented on 08/23/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Bob2937339. Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your business. Wendell Country Club thanks you!

Commented on 08/18/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Wendell Country Club!

Outstanding

Fairways and greens in excellent shape
Had great round there today

Commented on 08/11/2021

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Wendell Country Club.

4.4702058824
Zebulon, North Carolina
Garner, North Carolina
Wake Forest, North Carolina
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.