A sunny day view from The Preserve at Verdae.

The Preserve at Verdae sprawls across a lush landscape of rolling hills and meadows covered with beautiful Carolina forests. Formerly known as Verdae Greens, the golf course was completely revamped but one of the primary goals of the renovation was to find harmony between golf and nature. The carefully reworked course does just that, blending seamlessly into its scenic surroundings. Rambling brooks wander across the layout and provide water hazards on a few holes. The wind is also a major factor on this golf course. The breezes can be either light and refreshing or strong and blustery, making proper club selection even more important. The most photographed hole on the golf course is the par-3 second. If you're lucky enough to come when the azaleas are blooming, this hole offers a breathtaking setting.

The Preserve at Verdae Golf Club

Year Built 1991
Fairways Bermuda Gras
Greens Mini-Verde Bermuda Grass
Architect Willard Byrd (1991) JMP Golf Design Group (1991)

Golf Simulator Yes

Single Allowed No
Dress code Course dress code is collared shirts (mock neck shirts acceptable), no jeans, denim or cut off shorts.

Entertaining Clients 18
Near the Airport 20

Beautiful, challenging

Visiting the area, and wanted to play a round. Previously played once, 2 years ago, so not really familiar with the course. But very happy with what I found!. Was scheduled to play with another(s), but no one showed up for my tee time. Started asked if I wanted to play alone, or wait until “I could be fit in”, but not knowing how long that was, played as a single. Little hesitant to do, as I did not really know the course, but with a foursome in front, and another behind, was able to follow along. And that was really the bad part of the day. Yes, I was a single, and would be able to keep up, but the group(s) in front of me were really slow and deliberate. Round took almost 5 hours, But in the course’s defense, it was in outstanding shape, fairways well kept, rough in great shape, bunkers great, greens great. So, other than the pace, I am very pleased and recommend the course. Look forward to the next time I am in the area,

Course was in great shape!

The golf course from tee to green was in great shape and the staff is amazing! The course is a tough test, but will definitely make you a better player if played often. I would definitely recommend the course and say it’s one of the best in Greenville.

Great play

Played just after storm and greens were air rated, so greens played slow but great course.

Golf was great BUTTTTTT

This course is always the best the staff is exceptional. How ever I use GOLFNOW to book the tee times and will cancel my account with them. Booked it for 3 people one guy could not make it so I logged in to make the changes. It would not allow me to cancel the one time. Tried to call them and no one answered they state you have to call, no one answers the phone after 5pm. Can’t make changes by email So you call only to get some guy half way around the world that does not speak English and can’t help you. Just another sign of where we are in this world. This app is worthless

CART PATH ONLY

My wife and I played today and was told upon arrival that some of the holes were cart path only. We never saw any mud or wetness anywhere. The club strung string the entire length of the closed holes which required to step over the string. Several holes on the back nine are very hilly and the rough looks like they haven’t been mowed for several days. With my bad knees and the hills I almost quit the round. My issue is that if we were told before about having mid seventy seniors struggling over the string and walking through above ankle rough that we would have cancelled.

Commented on 06/24/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at The Preserve at Verdae!

Challenge Corse

This is a wonderfully kept course start to finish. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Few things to know. This is a busy course so you have to have a tee time. Expect a little wait at the tee box but nothing to lengthy.

This course was in very good condition.

Overall satisfied with this golf club. Great proximity to Downtown Greenville and Haywood Mall

JOHN

Over 5 hours tp play greens SLOW no water on course no snack shack

Commented on 06/08/2021

Hi, Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about water on the course is important to us. As we begin the season, we are working to develop the best way to provide our guest with refreshments. We do allow outside drinks. We do not allow outside alcoholic beverages. You are welcome to bring your own bottled water, Gatorade, or another refreshment as long as it is alcohol-free. We are glad to see you rated everything else to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing The Preserve at Verdae. We hope to see you again soon.

Solid option

Course in very good condition. Greens great right now. Need to know which clubs and/or lines to play from many tees, so a course guide is needed if never played before. I had played many times years ago and had forgotten. Very good value for 18 holes on this course and cart for $45 in the morning.

Challanging and enjoyable

It was a beautiful day i played with a gyy from CA.passinf through and two
Young College lads who live in the arwa.

Not worth the money

Nice course just not worth 65$ when you can go 30 min down the road to Brookstone that has gps on the carts and same course conditions for half the price and even better customer service. I had 15 min before my tee time and asked the starter to go hit range balls before the time and he said we wouldnt make it back in time and then proceeded to try to tell us about the course for 10 min instead of letting us go ahead nice guy just coulda been more lenient since we caught up to the group in front of us anyways

Commented on 04/23/2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing The Preserve at Verdae.

Greer, South Carolina
Simpsonville, South Carolina
Mauldin, South Carolina
Taylors, South Carolina
Taylors, South Carolina
Piedmont, South Carolina
Simpsonville, South Carolina
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club Château, Woodlands, and Par 3 Courses.
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club and Rivertowne Country Club.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.